Non-profit donation/purchase

Followers 1

I am interested in getting some hand held GPS devices for my Cub Scout pack of 63 boys.

I've submitted a proposal to Garmin for some equipment, but have received no response and do not expect it.

Does anyone know the best way to procure devices, either though donation or non-profit pricing?

I think geocaching for these guys would be an awesome activity and it would work right into a lot of their current activities.

All feedback is welcome.

Thanks.

Man it is going to be tough to get anyone to donate something so expensive this day in age with the economy. I know Delorme is really trying to get their pn units out there and with the new pn-40 out they are slashing the prices on the pn-20s. I would give that a shot and see if they can work something with you there. Those pn units are incredible.

Last year I purchased 120 GPS units. We went through the competitive bidding process and got what we thought was a pretty good discount on Garmin eTrexH models, only to find them listed for the same price in a sale brochure for Bass Pro Shops (about $85). We tried to get funding from Garmin too, but they never even responded to our inquiry.

I am interested in getting some hand held GPS devices for my Cub Scout pack of 63 boys.

I've submitted a proposal to Garmin for some equipment, but have received no response and do not expect it.

Does anyone know the best way to procure devices, either though donation or non-profit pricing?

I think geocaching for these guys would be an awesome activity and it would work right into a lot of their current activities.

All feedback is welcome.

Thanks.

We teach classes on GPS and Garmin set us up with a dealer who gives govt prices to groups, educators etc. He usual give 30% off, no tax and reasonable shiping. He will sell one unit or 100, whatever you want.

He also has what Garmin calls "white box" unis which are refrubs but come with a warrenty.. Email me if you want his contact info.

egorny@gis2gps.com

www.ilega.org

www.gis2gps.com

Ed

Followers 1