Will this be Ok for paperless

CachinSpree

Will the Palm Tungsten E 32 MB PDA be OK for paperless caching. I bought a used Zire 31 about 3 months ago that worked good but the touch screen quit working on it already. Thanks- CachinSpree

That will work fine. Take advantage of that high resolution color screen by using Plucker Viewer to view off-line cache pages.

If you want some suggestions for using your Palm and some other applications to do paperless geocaching. Check out my two part tutorial video on my GeoSnippits site.

http://www.geosnippits.com

-HHH :anibad:

Thanks for the tutorial. Only problem is that I tried downloading and installing CacheMate, but the unregistered version will only show 10 caches and the registration site appears not to exist anymore.

If you want some suggestions for using your Palm and some other applications to do paperless geocaching. Check out my two part tutorial video on my GeoSnippits site.

http://www.geosnippits.com

-HHH :anibad:

Thanks for the tutorial. Only problem is that I tried downloading and installing CacheMate, but the unregistered version will only show 10 caches and the registration site appears not to exist anymore.

how about here, a big 'o Pay button on the upper right hand corner. $10. Even can use PayPal.

Jim

Only problem is that I tried downloading and installing CacheMate, but the unregistered version will only show 10 caches and the registration site appears not to exist anymore.

how about here, a big 'o Pay button on the upper right hand corner. $10. Even can use PayPal.

Jim

www.smittyware.com wasn't working last night. I guess it was just server problems. I managed to download the program from tucows.

Thanks for the info anyways. I might've not tried again otherwise.

I recommend getting a hard aluminum case for your Tungsten. The things just aren't built for the rigors of the outdoors. The case will help avoid problems like Semper Questio had with his unit. And if it's going to rain, a Ziploc bag or one of those small dry bags they sell for cell phones and iPods will work.