Magellan Explorist 400 hard reset?

While doing a firmware update I had a power failure. Now when you turn on GPS, the screen just goes black and the computer does not see it anymore when connected by usb cable. Is there a hard reset (ei: hold display button, press up and power on) like other units I know of. thanks in advance for any help.

While doing a firmware update I had a power failure. Now when you turn on GPS, the screen just goes black and the computer does not see it anymore when connected by usb cable. Is there a hard reset (ei: hold display button, press up and power on) like other units I know of. thanks in advance for any help.

I phoned Magellan support, got a responce right away, seems to be a good company to deal with

their solution

Thank you for contacting Magellan Technical Support. We apologize for the inconvenience that you are experiencing right now.

Please try this step on that might resolve the issue of your Explorist 400 unit:

Please press the Zoom out, Go To and Power buttons of your GPS unit at the same time.

Wait till the unit powers on and check if it will still show you a black screen.

If the unit will show you the original start-up screen, then you can go ahead and connect your GPS unit to the computer and download the firmware update.

Please be advised that it is natural for a GPS unit to be corrupted once you the downloading process of the firmware update is cut by a computer power failure.

Edited by kevin583700