delete geocoin in personal records

anja4738

Is there a possibility to delete geocoins that are definitely lost from my personal records site? I lost four of them up to now and it is really annoying to see this again every time I look on the page!

Thanks for your help,

Anja4738

You can move them to an unknown location which will take them out of the list that shows on your profile. To do this, you go to the dropdown that says recalculate mileage and highlight move to unknown!

btw - In addition to marking the coins missing, if they were picked up from a cache, it would be nice to post a note to the coin that states that they were they were lost and/or to e-mail the coin's owner to let them know what happened. If they are your coins, ignore the above advice (I've misplaced a coin or two of mine before they were placed in a cache).

I think if you want them gone you need to adopt them over so you have zero records.

I like having the lost ones there because some year they may move.

I have had them missing for way over a year and move.

It just takes the right person to find or see one and log it.

If you do not know anyone that wants to adopt it i will adopt them if that is the choice you want to take.

I think it would be great for you to put it in a archived cache and wait it out for years to come.

Good luck on whatever you do.

I think if you want them gone you need to adopt them over so you have zero records.

I like having the lost ones there because some year they may move.

I have had them missing for way over a year and move.

It just takes the right person to find or see one and log it.

If you do not know anyone that wants to adopt it i will adopt them if that is the choice you want to take.

I think it would be great for you to put it in a archived cache and wait it out for years to come.

Good luck on whatever you do.

I don't think he/she wants to actually give ownership away, they just lost the coins (or someone stole them or whatever). You can move them to an archived cache, but if the coins surface again, it might get confusing. In the unknown location, if someone does find and grab them, the coins would start right back up where they left off!

It was pointed out the dropdown changed and the move to option is now the one showing, sorry!! Been awhile since I used that dropdown!