wilcoxweedpatch

Hey y'all. I have a question about posting an avatar when one posts on the forum. I tried editing my profile and downloaded (uploaded) my avatar, but it doesn't show up. Where, oh where did I go wrong?

Assuming you got the avatar in the avatar section not the profile pic...

It usually takes logging right out of everything and then logging back on...

Can you see the pic's in the profile listing as your avatar and or profile pic.

IF not... perhaps you didn't complete the update... I believe you have to give your password to do that up at the top of the edit page... sometimes it doesn't take... you should see the pics if it does...

I'm sure someone else will chime in on this as well.

Doug

I'm sure someone else will chime in on this as well.

why would we? you seem to have it covered.

It seems that a lot has changed on that page since I last used it... could not find a place for the password

anymore... it may be there or not... the rest seems valid... I was basing on the old page.

Anyway it should work... the re register part appears valid.

Doug

We are having the same problem. We can't change the picture and get it to save.....Can anyone help?

Hey y'all. I have a question about posting an avatar when one posts on the forum. I tried editing my profile and downloaded (uploaded) my avatar, but it doesn't show up. Where, oh where did I go wrong?

We are having the same problem. We can't change the picture and get it to save.....Can anyone help?

I can see now where I got confused in my advice... The profile has changed appearance...

The new one has a place for edit profile... that takes you to the place where you can upload your

avatar or simply change it if you have multiples online already... however... when you select the change

button, it takes you to a screen that allows uploading or changing to whatever you choose to use...

Take a close look and you will see the MY Details choice... that is where the password has to be in order to actually change the avatar... you must give your password to change the account... then make the selection of your avatar and then do the log off and on thing... unless they have added another way to reregister the thing... I'm still looking around for more answers...

Hope that clears up some of the fog... I'm hoping it does... I was thrown by the change in appearance of the profile page.

Doug

Edited by 7rxc

Thanks Doug... I was having the same problem until I read your last post. Although it's a bit cumbersome the procedure works! :(

Thanks... for some reason I can't quite get the correct wording while I'm online... working on a cut and paste method... the meat is up above... part of the trap is that there are several long paths to get there...

but the message is the same... the real work gets done on the EDIT ACCOUNT DETAILS page... where you need the password and remember to hit the UPDATE ACCOUNT at the bottom... then one has to relog...

I think both ways work... but it does not state that in the new one you have to back up a bit to chose the one you want AFTER you manage to upload it... That is the new profile page seems to allow you a choice of avatars if you have several uploaded...

One further note is... I THINK you have to delete the current one... I'm not sure if that is mandatory IF you are just changing images... or just if you want to get rid of one... I don't have a need at the moment to try all this... Also looking to see if anything about this is in the last upgrade notes... I was hoping an expert would help, but learning is fun...

Glad to know it worked for you..

Doug