Night Caching? Ontario

mishsteveous

Does anyone within an hour or two of Toronto know of any good night caches? Our second ever cache was in Kamloops, BC and was a night cache...it was amazing. It was in a forest, moose and bear country and we had the best time with a group of 7 of us (even stumbled across a moose carcass..freaky!!) ...we would like to do some here in Ontario....we travel a lot in the summer so any would be great to know about...thanks

Does anyone within an hour or two of Toronto know of any good night caches? Our second ever cache was in Kamloops, BC and was a night cache...it was amazing. It was in a forest, moose and bear country and we had the best time with a group of 7 of us (even stumbled across a moose carcass..freaky!!) ...we would like to do some here in Ontario....we travel a lot in the summer so any would be great to know about...thanks

Check out our BFL series of night caches, about 45 minutes northeast of Toronto.

BFL Boot Camp caches

Check out our BFL series of night caches, about 45 minutes northeast of Toronto.

BFL Boot Camp caches

Ummm, methinks you mean northwest of Toronto. Was all excited about a bunch of night caches near me as I live in Pickering, but hey, I'll just have to check these out anyways.

In the meantime here a two northeast of Toronto:

Seaton Night Hike - GC1M87Q

As Long as the Grass Shall Grow - GC1HGQA

There is a really good one just north of Ingersoll which is about 1 hour and 30 minutes west of Toronto... right down the 401 to the Woodstock area.

The night cache is in the Oxford Woods... no bears (that we know of yet :D ) but there are coyotes, racoons, deer, 'possum that you may come across. Then there are those dangerous sleeping birds in the bushes that scare the *~## out you when you wake them... just ask my 17 yr old daughter :)

It is called Yggdrasil GCP7ZY

In the meantime here a two northeast of Toronto:

Seaton Night Hike - GC1M87Q

As Long as the Grass Shall Grow - GC1HGQA

Um... WHOOPS :huh:

Yes I meant northwest there.....

Also, we're planning the next batch of BFL Caches coming October 3

BFL Boot Camp IV

October 3rd???? But there won't be any sleet, snow, ice storm, or freezing winds by then!!!! It just won't be the same!!

I'm sure the CREW from Waterloo will be there!

Once you leave your dwelling, most geocaches in the 'Geocaching Capital of Canada' are 'night caches'. You cannot even see the 'Trawna glow' in our dark skies. But then again, you'd have to motor well over 2 hours from Trawna to get the to WGS.

Edited: - Having now quickly reviewed the concept of the BFLs. I would suggest that the Algonquin or WGS area be avoided for this form of night caching. BFLs would seriously interfere with most 2-legged and 4-legged residents of our natural surroundings at night. We actively promote the concept of 'Dark Skies'.

Edited by Bullfrog Eh-Team