Another annoying light pole cache

Squirt and I are working on “Another Lame and Annoying Light Pole Caches” series around Baton Rouge. You will be required to log the time you arrive at the cache, how long it took to locate sign the log and the exact time you leave for the next one. We will have pre determined the average time and speed to maintain a legal trip. If you fall outside of these parameters your final log will be deleted. Oh yes, they have to be in order also!

There will probably be 17 of them and each one just might have a letter or number that makes up the coordinated of a final "Cachers Cash of Caches" GC1M9JD

Edited by Pat in Louisiana

Your caches would need to be listed as "mystery/unknown" because of the additional logging requirement. Much of your target audience will filter them out for that reason, while puzzle cache fans will be annoyed by the extra noise in their search results. Have fun!

Squirt and I are working on “Another Lame and Annoying Light Pole Caches” series around Baron Rouge. You will be required to log the time you arrive at the cache, how long it took to locate sign the log and the exact you leave for the next one. We will have pre determined the average time and speed to maintain a legal trip. If you fall outside of these parameters your final log will be deleted. Oh yes, they have to be in order also!

There will probably be 17 of them and each one just might have a lerrer or number that maks up the coordinated of a final "Cachers Cash of Cacches" GC1M9JD

One thousand, three hundred and ninety-two. (Rough estimate of the number of Ignore lists this cache series will end up on.)

Squirt and I are working on “Another Lame and Annoying Light Pole Caches” series around Baron Rouge. You will be required to log the time you arrive at the cache, how long it took to locate sign the log and the exact you leave for the next one. We will have pre determined the average time and speed to maintain a legal trip. If you fall outside of these parameters your final log will be deleted. Oh yes, they have to be in order also!

There will probably be 17 of them and each one just might have a lerrer or number that maks up the coordinated of a final "Cachers Cash of Cacches" GC1M9JD

Why?

Oh, and since I`m picky about word choice, I`d call the series "More Light Pole Caches" or "Another Light Pole Cache." The final would be "Cachers` Cache of Caches."

Squirt and I are working on "Another Lame and Annoying Light Pole Caches" series around Baron Rouge. You will be required to log the time you arrive at the cache, how long it took to locate sign the log and the exact you leave for the next one. We will have pre determined the average time and speed to maintain a legal trip. If you fall outside of these parameters your final log will be deleted. Oh yes, they have to be in order also!

I would suggest you have someone do a spelling and grammar check on your descriptions before you publish them, just to make sure folks clearly understand what the requirements are. I think I understand what you'd want the finders to do but I had to read it two or three times.

So I have to find all of your caches, in order, during the same cache run, and I can't stop to get lunch or go shopping or anything else?

Even I might toss this group on my ignore list.

Lamp post caches have their own issues and you're going to add to the 'fun' by putting an ALR on each one that requires timing and meticulous logging?

I predict that you will get a small number of folks who will do any cache just for the numbers and that's about all your target audience will be here. Puzzle solvers won't like them because there's no puzzle. Even some of the folks out to just raise their find count won't like these because of the ALR.

You can start that ignore list now with my count of one.

Sorry, but these wouldn't interest me at all.

Squirt and I are working on "Another Lame and Annoying Light Pole Caches" series around Baron Rouge. You will be required to log the time you arrive at the cache, how long it took to locate sign the log and the exact you leave for the next one. We will have pre determined the average time and speed to maintain a legal trip. If you fall outside of these parameters your final log will be deleted. Oh yes, they have to be in order also!

I would suggest you have someone do a spelling and grammar check on your descriptions before you publish them, just to make sure folks clearly understand what the requirements are. I think I understand what you'd want the finders to do but I had to read it two or three times.

Not to play the Grammar &/or Spell Police here, (since that's been adequately (more-or-less) tooken care of a'ready); I'll take on the Statisticification Detective role, if at's fine by you.

'Parameters' imply, usually, a set of limits. My first question'd be, how you plan to determine* what the maximum time & speed will be? One bein' a factor of the other, & all that.

*(Since I'm bettin' you ain't "pre"-'d much-a anythang!)

And 2 - w'll that be in Light Years, Parsex, Astrolonomical Units, or any combination of the four?

(Obviously a trick question....but you can handle it I'm sure.)

I only ask becuz I'm so firmly affixed in the laws o' Newtonian physics.

(& I ain't just figgin' around there neither!!!!)

~*

I was amazed to discover that you're not a teenager after all... you are very much an adult, the president of a company. You have been caching for 7 years with hundreds of finds and over 80 hides, and you want to set out a series of "lame and annoying" caches? :)

I was amazed to discover that you're not a teenager after all... you are very much an adult, the president of a company. You have been caching for 7 years with hundreds of finds and over 80 hides, and you want to set out a series of "lame and annoying" caches? :)

People like what they like. (Haven't I been saying this for years?)

Be ready to delete a lot of logs because of the ALR component. I suspect that while you have an interesting intent, the lack of most folks complying with it is going to be a downer on the fun factor..

I have a few skirt lifters myself. For all the complaining you here about them everyone eventually shows up on the log page. Its all about numbers for me and I know a lot of cachers that that applies to as well. They are good for doing a quick caching raid into a new area or where you don't have a lot of time. I have 6 that all could be done in about 60 minutes total and see a lot of out of towners do them in one visit.

As I had stated, “each one just might have a letter or number that makes up the coordinated of a final "Cacher’s Cash of Caches" GC1M9JD” “might” being the operative word here.

From the replies I see this might not work out so well so these will probably be stand-alone caches without the ALR.

As far as the concern about stopping for lunch or whatever, if the caches are 10-15 minutes apart you are only looking at about 3 hours.

I would think a little strategic pre planning would take care of any timing issues.

I would definitely ignore that cache series! I prefer to take my time and enjoy the area when I go caching. Your parameters would not allow for lunch, restroom stops for the kids, or pausing to enjoy a nice area we saw on the way.

Or perhaps I might be distracted by the true/correct location of a puzzle that could be nearby?

If the minimum and maximum times were published, then maybe... if I have to guess what is acceptable, no thanks. I won't bother if there is a chance you would delete my logs if I'm two minutes too slow.

A cacher placed a series with a similar bent here in AZ a while ago. The containers were mostly even 'less appealing' than lampskirt micros, and about 30% of them were washed away in the first good rainstorm. The owner's plan was to award a special prize to the cacher with the best time for the month in finding the whole series.