Brokenhearted - "Team" no more

Team Rampant Lion

As many of you know, the "Team" in Team Rampant Lion referred to me and my dog Bailey. It is with great sorrow I have to report that Bailey had to be put down. While I am very sad she is gone, she lead a great full life and "our" passion for geocaching ensured she always had great long hikes and an opportunity to explore.

At the group activities and events so many of you treated her so well. I just wanted to drop you all a note to say "thank you".

8789531a-62b4-4227-81ca-10d0b6b30ef7.jpg

Kevin,

I am very sorry to hear about your loss. I know how hard it is having lost my two boxer-pals in the last 3 years.

I remember Bailey well from the Caching through the Snow events and other encounters - she was always the first one to greet me - she will live on in our memories.

Kevin... I know what the feeling you are suffering is. It's like a hole in your heart that can't be replaced. Right now Quoddy is, where he always is, at my feet. Someday I'll suffer the same pain you are right now, just as I did with my last dog. I read somewhere that we segment our memories into the time a particular dog was with us... how true. They are a part of us and our lives. My thoughts are with you now as I think back to the times we hiked trails with Bailey. Wonderful times that won't be forgotten.

Edited by Quoddy

As many of you know, the "Team" in Team Rampant Lion referred to me and my dog Bailey. It is with great sorrow I have to report that Bailey had to be put down. While I am very sad she is gone, she lead a great full life and "our" passion for geocaching ensured she always had great long hikes and an opportunity to explore.

At the group activities and events so many of you treated her so well. I just wanted to drop you all a note to say "thank you".

I am very sorry to hear this.

All of our condolences! Though I don't have a dog at a moment (though I spent a lot of time with my mom's dog who only lives 2 miles from me), I am quite a dog (and animal) lover.....had 3 dogs during the course of my childhood, and spent the last 15 years until recently working for a consulting firm to the animal shelter industry.

RIP Bailey, you're in our thoughts.

Edited by HaLiJuSaPa

Sorry to hear of passing of your friend...good looking girl I might add. My heart goes out to you and your family. It hurts a bunch right now, I know. Losing a member of your family is painful.

I'd say that you're still a team. Maybe you won't be able to see her with you on the trail any more but she's there...and probably running circles around you!

Keep the ton of great memories at the forefront.

Matt

Kevin, I am so sorry to hear about Bailey. Bailey was a great dog. Trust me when I say, I know personally how you feel. I am sure Bailey is up their in heaven now waiting for you to take him on a long hike.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven,

then when I die I want to go

where they went."

Will Rogers, 1879-1935

I'm very sorry for your loss. I completely understand; I had to put down my Aussie, Cowboy last April. He always cached with me as well as my Border Collie and Mini Aussie. It still hurts today but I can mostly smile when I think about him now without crying every time. I'm sending you a virtual hug and know that you're not alone in your feelings.

tsun

Kevin & family, my heart goes out to you for your loss. Baily was such a great dog at the caching thru the snow events I attended. As I type this I am weeping as I've been where you are. I put my St. Bernard down 5 years ago this month. Unfortunately for our giant breed friends, they don't live as long as we'd like them too.

So sorry for your loss.

Kevin

Sorry to be so late on this but you have our condolences. I remember meeting Bailey on a number of occasions and she was indeed a great dog.

Tiffany is now blind and "bumps" her way around the house but she still loves being part of "the Pack" with the head slave and Tiffany's chief assistant. During the Head Slave's illness and recovery last year, she stayed close by and helped him recover. Unfortunately, she really isn't up to caching any loneger except around her food bowl.