Has anyone ordered through CachingBox.com?

CCWelch

I placed an order online to CachingBox.com on February 22nd, 2009 as of today my order still shows "processing" though they have already received payment according to my bank. I have emailed them for a status update on my order and not received an answer and I have called them at a phone number I had to find in this forum and it goes to voice mail only. Am I the only one who has had this problem with them??

I have dealt with several other companies and this is the first time I have had a wait time like this for either information or product.

what did u order?

Product Product Code Quantity Price

FREE MICRO CACHE

Free Micro Cache Type - Bison Tube FREE-MICRO 1 $0.00

Rock Cache

ROC911 1 $9.99

Order Date/Time: Feb 22 2009, 15:01 PM

Payment Method: ExpressCheckout

Shipping Method: By Weight (1st Class)

Subtotal: $9.99

Total Tax: $0.00

Shipping: $5.97

Grand Total: $15.96

Edited by CCWashburn

I placed an order online to CachingBox.com on February 22nd, 2009 as of today my order still shows "processing" though they have already received payment according to my bank. I have emailed them for a status update on my order and not received an answer and I have called them at a phone number I had to find in this forum and it goes to voice mail only. Am I the only one who has had this problem with them??

I have dealt with several other companies and this is the first time I have had a wait time like this for either information or product.

I've used them without any problems.

Can't speak for your locale, but in some (most, I think) places it's illegal to process payment thru your credit card until the goods have been shipped. If you're dissatisfied with their service, send an order cancellation, contact your bank or card agency & have them follow thru to ensure a credit is processed. If you go that route however, & a package arrives later be SURE to refuse it.

Been there, done it.

~*

Can't speak for your locale, but in some (most, I think) places it's illegal to process payment thru your credit card until the goods have been shipped. If you're dissatisfied with their service, send an order cancellation, contact your bank or card agency & have them follow thru to ensure a credit is processed. If you go that route however, & a package arrives later be SURE to refuse it.

Been there, done it.

~*

I don't think it's illegal, but it is against most credit card policies for vendors.

Been there, done it.

~*

This assertion about payment versus shipping date is not true. These "rules" are usually set by the international card companies, such as Visa, Mastercard, Amex and Discover, and they simply specify that, in general, a vendor should ship within a certain number of days after having billed the card; the allowable period of time seems to vary across card type from 15 days to 30 days or even more.

Personally, for an order totaling $15 (or even $150....), I would give the vendor at least 15 days from date of payment to ship until I even gave the matter a second thought, unless the vendor had, in some way, promised that they would ship within a day or two of having received payment.

Last time there was a question in the forums about this company I posted the website Whois info. I then got an email from the website owner asking me to remove it.

So I will forward that info now to the OP via their profile.

FYI - if you ever want to know who owns a domain name just check here. Works most of the time unless they have purchased a privacy package from their domain name provider.

Deane

AKA: DeRock & the Psychic Cacher - Grattan MI

Been there, done it.

~*

This assertion about payment versus shipping date is not true. These "rules" are usually set by the international card companies, such as Visa, Mastercard, Amex and Discover, and they simply specify that, in general, a vendor should ship within a certain number of days after having billed the card; the allowable period of time seems to vary across card type from 15 days to 30 days or even more.

Personally, for an order totaling $15 (or even $150....), I would give the vendor at least 15 days from date of payment to ship until I even gave the matter a second thought, unless the vendor had, in some way, promised that they would ship within a day or two of having received payment.

Otay.....my bad. But the words straight out of the vendor's mouth were: "No we wouldn't do that, it's illegal." This, after they processed an order of nearly $400 (for a rifle, transfer paperwork & shipping) & I started raising Hades almost a month after their advised & failed delivery date. Had to go back & get a copy of my bank statement showing they HAD charged me, & mailed it to them. "They never received it." ....and it's a long, LONG horror story after that, not germane here. He's in Texas, so maybe their laws? Whatever - just put me down for, "It ain't kosher".

~*

Thank You DeRock and The Psychic Cacher for the email you sent to me! I emailed that address and amazingly this morning, after a full 10 days without any other communication I get a notice that my order has (finally) shipped.

I ordered from other companies further away on the same day and have had their items in my hand for 3 to 5 days, and they acknowledged my order. I had an Apple iPod delivered from China in 3 days without a rush put on it and it had customizing done. So the owner of CachingBox, if you read this, please acknowledge your orders with some kind of turn around time or post on the site the approximate turn around time. Thanks!

I finally got an email back saying:

"I just checked on the status of your order and it says that it has been shipped out. Sometimes there can be delays or the mail get's returned to our address if something is not right.

If you have not received your order by now, I would assume that it is on it's way back to our return address. I will have another package sent out to your address. Could you please confirm your shipping address? I want to make sure that the error wasn't in that. Thanks!"

That was 4 days ago and I still haven't seen a package after I resent them my address. My order didn't show as shipped on their website until 5 hours after I sent this email back. Has anyone recently received anything from them? If I don't see the order by Wednesday of next week I am going to assume that they are not planning on filling the order and will work for a refund though paypal and go though the different reporting services for businesses.

Hope you all have better luck than I do with these guys.

I have sent them two emails total, and not heard anything.

Yesterday I began working on a refund through paypal, and three hours later I received an email, saying basically the same as the one ppgc got. On paypal, the seller wrote: "Good afternoon, I just sent you an email concerning your order. I have been having issues recently with international shipping through Norway customs. Please re-confirm your shipping address and then I can send out an identical shipment and resolve this."

My location is Norway, so the package would take about ten days to my adress. As you can see, the seller partially blames Norwegian customs ...

However, the seller also wrote to me: "Your order stays at "processing" until it is actually delivered."

Can anyone comfirm this? I read ppgc's post, where you write " My order didn't show as shipped on their website until 5 hours after I sent this email back" - so does it really stay at "processing" all the time?

I sincerly hope my order will arrive this time. It would have been fine if this was a one time incident and a bit of bad luck, but now that several people here writes about basically the same experience... :mellow:

Edited by TeamTraSK

However, the seller also wrote to me: "Your order stays at "processing" until it is actually delivered."

Can anyone comfirm this? I read ppgc's post, where you write " My order didn't show as shipped on their website until 5 hours after I sent this email back" - so does it really stay at "processing" all the time?

Hey Norway. :mellow:

Mine has never been delivered and shows completed. They switched it from processing after I had my nice email chat with them. They wouldn't know it has been delivered unless they have delivery confirmation and even if they did it hasn't been delivered to my house and I haven't signed for anything.

Good luck to everyone.

Hello world =p

Same here. I wonder why Norwegian customs would delay or return a package from USA containing nothing but.. containers.. and I also find it hard to believe my adress could have been found invalid. Well, I'll give them another fourteen days or so, and if it doesn't show up by then, I'll open another paypal issue and reclaim my money.

-edit-

Sorry for the double post, firefox froze and I must have clicked twice.

Edited by TeamTraSK

Hello world =p

Same here. I wonder why Norwegian customs would delay or return a package from USA containing nothing but.. containers.. and I also find it hard to believe my adress could have been found invalid. Well, I'll give them another fourteen days or so, and if it doesn't show up by then, I'll open another paypal issue and reclaim my money.

I finally received my order on March 9th. The rock cache was a piece of poop, first time I opened it , it broke.$9.99 down the drain there, :mellow: it did come with a mini bison tube to go inside of it and a log so maybe I can at least put that out. Plus I got a "free" mini bison tube with no log,thankfully I have a micro log downloaded on my computer that I can print. With the problems I had with them I am not going through the trouble of trying to send anything back, I will chalk this one up to live and learn and purchase from places like Hogwildstuff,Coins and Pins and of course, Groundspeak where I have not had any problems so far. Would appreciate input from anyone else with other good and speedy companies!

Hey Norway. :mellow:

Mine has never been delivered and shows completed. They switched it from processing after I had my nice email chat with them. They wouldn't know it has been delivered unless they have delivery confirmation and even if they did it hasn't been delivered to my house and I haven't signed for anything.

Good luck to everyone.

I received an email that said it had changed to "shipped" and I did get a confirmation code from them but it wasn't even for my package, it never updated on USPS and the number still comes up as "No information is available about this package". Never ever will I order from them again, I can find the same stuff elsewhere, even eBay is more reliable.

I received an email that said it had changed to "shipped" and I did get a confirmation code from them but it wasn't even for my package, it never updated on USPS and the number still comes up as "No information is available about this package". Never ever will I order from them again, I can find the same stuff elsewhere, even eBay is more reliable.

USPS, unless it is registered, will come up empty. They don't do tracking swipes like UPS and FedEx. Certified will at least show delivered once the delivery has been made. But, of course, if it is coming to you, you will know when it is delivered. :mellow:

Jim

Got this a few minutes ago:

Label/Receipt Number: 0308 3390 0001 2571 xxxx

Your item was processed and left our PHOENIX, AZ 85043 facility on March 30, 2009. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later.

So he said he shipped it out like a week ago, then two weeks before that. I can handle a delay but I just wish the guy would be honest.

I finally received my order on March 9th. The rock cache was a piece of poop, first time I opened it , it broke.$9.99 down the drain there, :o it did come with a mini bison tube to go inside of it and a log so maybe I can at least put that out. Plus I got a "free" mini bison tube with no log,thankfully I have a micro log downloaded on my computer that I can print. With the problems I had with them I am not going through the trouble of trying to send anything back, I will chalk this one up to live and learn and purchase from places like Hogwildstuff,Coins and Pins and of course, Groundspeak where I have not had any problems so far. Would appreciate input from anyone else with other good and speedy companies!

I noticed the other day that home depot has rock hide-a-keys for $3.99. From what I can tell looking at the photo on their site, it looks like the same thing.

Checked my order status this morning, and it shows completed, but no more information:

Order No Status Date/Time Action

090320-024801-XXXX Completed Mar 20 2009, 02:48 AM View

Interestingly enough, it shows completed on Mar 20 at 0248, which happens to be the exact time I ordered it, even though the last time I checked it on March 26th it was still pending.

I've sent them the following email, we'll see what happens:

Hello,

This order is showing "Completed" on your website. However, it does not show when it was shipped, and I have not yet received the products. Can you provide a ship date and an estimate of when it will be received?

Thank you,

One thing is for sure. They have to be losing business fast. I for one don't intend to make a repeat order and the only reason I haven't asked for a refund yet is because it may have actually shipped. If it doesn't resolve soon, I'll be looking for my money back.

Just an additional note. I was poking around the website, and they have a customer service number on the Terms and Conditions page (but not on the contact us page - go figure :?

They're on Pacific time, so I'll wait until it's a decent time there and call them. I'm interested in finding out what they have to say...

Very interesting. Since I posted in this thread on March 3 the domain name owners of CachingBox.com have purchased the privacy package I talked about and there isn't a contact name or phone number listed there now.

Why do you suppose that people order from companies they have never heard of before without checking online for threads about the company and any complaints or kudos they have? The internet was made for situations just like this!

Deane

Very interesting. Since I posted in this thread on March 3 the domain name owners of CachingBox.com have purchased the privacy package I talked about and there isn't a contact name or phone number listed there now.

Why do you suppose that people order from companies they have never heard of before without checking online for threads about the company and any complaints or kudos they have? The internet was made for situations just like this!

Deane

The fact that they have done this (if indeed it is a fact) should just about be the final warning to all geocache.com members to avoid this company like the plague. They are not reputable for doing that.

Been there, done it.

~*

Actually, most web based vendors (Amazon, new egg, etc) charge for the order when it is processed which is usually before the order has been shipped. Often times days before. But yes the OP should have heard something by now I would think.

Well someone should just kick me in the rear right now. Who makes purchases from online geocaching stores without researching them for free right here? Me, I guess. I'm having the same problem. Some wiseacre over at cachingbox.com has made three trips to Subway for a five-dollar-foot-long lunch since I placed my order, with my money no less, and I'm still waiting. I guess they are crafting the nano out of a billett of steel using toothpicks.

cache-advance.com is the best and only place, never any problems and they answer emails!

I put together an order for them last night after reading your recommendation. I sent an email about a question before i placed my order. No reply yet. ;)

There was a very big event that weekend that the business owner attended...I'm sure she replied as soon as she could.

Just a little update about this place. I still haven't received a reply to the e-mail I sent them. I tried calling the number listed on the website. There is a message saying this customer is unavailable right now. Then it hangs up. That makes me think they no longer exist or the number is a cell phone that is turned off or something.

i would highly suggest crazy caches.com for your oders.i've placed two orders with them and both times i got a email that they got the order then another that the order has shiped.on both times i had the order in aweek.maybe cachingbox needs a few emails sayen their on the black ball list just might get their attention

I ordered from them, but will NOT again, Used them because they said the had a geocoin in stock that other sites had sold out. Cost a bit more, but wanted to get it in. Two weeks go by and I do not get the package and don't hear anything. I sent them an email and the next day at 4:55 I get a response saying that the "automatic email" letting a customer know that backorders occurred was not working, and that my order would be going out that day. I was ready to cancel the order, but got the email after 5:00, so I let it go. 5 days later I get an email saying the order had shipped, and got a tracking number. I wrote back a bit upset saying that I would have canceled the order for a refund if I had known it had not shipped, and I was lied to and I was told that the order was shipped 5 days earlier. It has been a week since I was given the shipping number, and the USPS says they have no records of an order with the shipping number they gave me, plus cachingbox is nor responding to my emails, or the dispute I have on PayPal. I have had to escalate on PayPal and now and waiting to get my money back. DO NOT USE THIS WEBSITE. Items are priced higher that other websites on the products I order, slower than Christmas, and customer service is non existent.

I'm in the same boat. I'll never use CachingBox.com again. I was just looking to order a mini bison tube and they were giving away a free bison tube with every order, so I went ahead an placed an order that totaled around $8, most of it shipping. A few weeks later, I check my order status and it says "Processing". I shot off an email asking about the status. Today I recieved an email stating the order was "Completed" with some sellers notes included to state that my items have shipped and I should recieve them within a few days. Who knows when the items might actually find their way out the door and into my mailbox. Judging from some of the others here, I'm not getting my hopes up.

It's not that it took a month after placing the order to recieve the items (I still haven't recieved them *crossed fingers*). It's that I used Paypal and the money was taken from my account the same day I placed the order and if I hadn't written an email, my order may have stayed in the "Processing" status until the end of time and never gotten filled. Meanwhile, I sit on my hands with my next cache placement because I am waiting on that mini-bison to show up.

Bruce

Meanwhile, I sit on my hands with my next cache placement because I am waiting on that mini-bison to show up.

Bruce

I was in Petco the other day, and they have a decent silver "bison" there that is intended for use as a capsule for a pet I.D. It's flat on the top and bottom instead of rounded, and a little bit bigger around than your typical "silver bullet" bison, but looks to be entirely serviceable as a cache container. If you get into a bind, you might check there. They were going for $1.95 single.