Bottle Cap Geocoin Series!

MrBrian

bottlecapcoinq.jpg

I'm currently in the stage of getting this coin minted by oakcoins.com I thought I'd put it up on the forums to get an idea of how many of them I should have minted. The price will be around $7 with shipping included. It's a 1" trackable coin with a nickel finish. It's the first of a series of 4 geocoins and I hope everyone likes them. Thanks

MrBrian

I'm currently in the stage of getting this coin minted by oakcoins.com I thought I'd put it up on the forums to get an idea of how many of them I should have minted. The price will be around $7 with shipping included. It's a 1" trackable coin with a nickel finish.

Certainly an interesting dichotomy. The price is dependent on how many are minted, so you might want to make sure you have an idea as to how many you're making before you quote numbers. And FYI, $7 for a micro is fairly high.

TMA

I'm going to be brutually honest here, for the sake of setting expectations accordingly.

As TheMoopAlong noted, $7 for a 1 inch coin is expensive, even with the cost of manufacturing going up. The deisgn is a bit simple to drive HIGH interest, and since it's not a personal coin you'll lose a few folks there as well.

Take into account the issues recently with some vendors and the lack of anybody in here likely "knowing you" on these boards and sales may suffer as a result. (This may not be an issue if Oakcoins is selling them as they are a known entity).

I'm not trying to squash your enthusiasm, but in looking at your profile you don't show any coins being owned (not everybody activates them, I know) and very few being found. It could appear that you're coming in here to make some quick $$.

A lot of people are selling off their collections right now, so the coins they do buy are going to have to really be special or grab them.

Good luck on your sale.

This is the 2nd or 3rd coin that you have posted in the forums. I would suggest you only attempt to sell one at a time. As Kealia stated above there are a few factors that are going to dent your sales and if you attempt to "show up" and start selling several coins people will be a little suspicious.

I'm currently in the stage of getting this coin minted by oakcoins.com I thought I'd put it up on the forums to get an idea of how many of them I should have minted. The price will be around $7 with shipping included. It's a 1" trackable coin with a nickel finish. It's the first of a series of 4 geocoins and I hope everyone likes them. Thanks

MrBrian

I'm in agreement about the price; it's a bit high for such a small coin. Unless there are some special whamodyne features?

Another option would be to let people personalize them in some way. For example, offer them in 20-coin packs with certain color/plating combinations. If you can come up with 14 different color combinations and get 14 different buyers, that's 280 coins right there, guaranteeing an icon. It would be even better if you widened the bar under "Cache" and allowed people to specify a certain number of characters to be engraved there, further personalizing the coin. I'm not sure how many people would jump on it (and, of course, it would depend on the price), but I think you'd have more success going in that direction than charging $7 for a micro. If that's the final price, I'm afraid I'd have to pass too. Good luck, tho!

(Edited to take out the graphic)

Edited by Jackalgirl

I'm having a sense of deja vu... weren't you offering a cacher badge coin a week or so ago? I remember thinking that the theme has already been done in several different versions. Here's another theme that's being recycled. For the good? I don't know..... I have an original 9Key bottle cap coin and my coin purchases are down to nil thanks to the economy so I won't be bellying up to the bar for this one ... sorry.

I get that you're including shipping with the cost of the coin so this 1"er is really costing under $5. Hope you do well with it.

I get that you're including shipping with the cost of the coin so this 1"er is really costing under $5. Hope you do well with it.

It costs me $.42 (a single First Class stamp) to mail two Pathtags*. Mind you, they're pretty light -- how thick and heavy is this coin, and what's it made of? I can send a single 1.75" TSC Challenge Coin, which is a nice solid bronze coin, for $1.51*. I do realize that shipping charges also cover things like gas for the car and the envelopes, but I'm just wondering how you get up to $2+ shipping for a single 1" coin...

*To addresses in the US, that is. Shipping one/two PT(s) to Canada costs $.82, IIRC.

finishedcachebottlecapc.jpg

finishedcachebottlecapcz.jpg

For all the Geocoin collectors and Geocachers, I'd like to introduce the first geocoin of my "Bottle Cap Geocoin Series!" After several years of caching and seeing lots of cool coins circulating, I decided it was time to let my creativity take over and have some made myself.

This is a 1.5" nickel plated coin that is trackable at www.geocaching.com. The edge of the coin is 3-D and gives it a true bottle cap shape. They have a hard enamel protective coating which should keep them looking good for years to come. They are high quality coins minted by oakcoins.com. I have several of them right now, but I have no idea how long they will last. They are $7 + s&h.

Shipping and handling will be $1 for the first coin and $.50 for each additional coin. This is only for shipping within the U.S. For international shipping, contact me and I'll get you the price for shipping to you :-)

I accept paypal and to place orders you can email me at mrbriancox@gmail.com with your paypal email name and I'll send out an invoice ASAP.

I hope everyone enjoys this coin as much as my family and I do. Thanks for looking!

MrBrian

P.S. Keep an eye out for the next Bottle Cap in this series!

as mentioned before 7 + shipping is a bit high for a micro, times are tough and ima have to pass on this one, but i will keep an eye on this to see whats next.. i wish you good luck tho, as my pocket is just to empty,,lol not even lint in there anymore,,ha ha ha

I wouldn't consider a 1.5" coin a micro. It is really a good price if the size is 1.5".

Two of those are ours!

So, I get a little anxious. that's what the forum's for isn't it? :mellow:

I've got to celebrate somewhere, the guys down at the cafe

already think I'm nuts for going off hunting film canisters when

there are perfectly healthy deer and turkeys in our yard. :wacko:

Edited by ST13PILOT

FYI to the vendor/seller of this coin.

Geocaching.com user agreement; you agree not to;

(e) Upload, post or otherwise transmit any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail," "spam," "chain letters," "pyramid schemes," or any other form of solicitation.

I don't know if anyone else has received unsolicited emails regarding the purchase of this coin...

I fully support your right/enthusiasm to sell geocoins but contacting me/others via our profiles because we are active "coiners" to get us to buy your coins is something vendors and other sellers don't do and it's not allowed. It might be advisable to start a newsletter so you can send those who are interested notice of your coins sales.

Thanks,

tsun

(e) Upload, post or otherwise transmit any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail," "spam," "chain letters," "pyramid schemes," or any other form of solicitation.

I don't know if anyone else has received unsolicited emails regarding the purchase of this coin...

I fully support your right/enthusiasm to sell geocoins but contacting me/others via our profiles because we are active "coiners" to get us to buy your coins is something vendors and other sellers don't do and it's not allowed. It might be advisable to start a newsletter so you can send those who are interested notice of your coins sales.

Thanks,

tsun

I received the email regarding the coins as well.

Thanks,

tsun

I received the email regarding the coins as well.

So did I and I'm glad I did because I've been way to busy to have noticed otherwise. So for me it's a THANK YOU!

I'll take 2 - as soon as I can figure out how...

IMHO the price and shipping is really very reasonable compared to all others lately.

Gotta run it's off to work and then Our 27th Anniversary then back to taxes... As you can see our Easter basket is a bit full - feel free to email me with details - we pay with paypal

Thanks Vince

I still have some of these coins for sale if anyone is interested... They are only $7 + s&h.

Shipping and handling will be $1 for the first coin and $.50 for each additional coin. This is only for shipping within the U.S. For international shipping, contact me and I'll get you the price for shipping to you :-)

I'm also selling these on ebay, but you can get them cheaper through this forum by contacting me directly at mrbriancox@gmail.com Please include your paypal email address and how many you'd like. Thanks

Just recieved my 2 CACHE Bottle Cap coins... They are awesome. Good size and heavy!!!!!! They are Very well made and I can't wait to see the rest of the series. Feel free to email me when the next coin comes out or Newsletter me which ever comes first.

I want the Series, what's next ... GRAPE CACHE ... How about ...

...CACHER-ALE!!!!!!

I'm In!!!!!!!!

Opalsns

opalsns I'm glad you love them as much as I do!!! I guess you'll have to wait and see what the next one will be :-) The deisgn has been approved and I'm about to order the next bottle cap coin from oakcoins!!!

For everyone who hasn't got their 1st coin of the series you better hurry before they run out!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=230334903207

Edited by MrBrian