pop quiz

quadsinthemudd

I have built all my zones for a walking tour and history lesson now I need help making a pop quiz for the end. I have looked at the tutorial but it doesnt help me I dont want a person to ask I want the player to pick up the test with five questions on it and if they answer them correctly it will open up the final location. I dont know to much about the builder or even this scripting stuff so I need all the help I can get.

I am not that concerned about people cheating because if they dont sign the log in the cache at the end they get deleted. I just need to know how to make it work so I can post this cache. I have looked at the tutorial and it doesnt help me much. I am starting to get into a time crunch for the cache machine route. I would like this published so it can be on the first draft.

Here's one way to do it, if I understand what you want:

When someone gets within 15 feet proximity to the zone you want the questions asked, you want to select the option "Get input from the player". Create an input to ask the question you want. Don't forget to store the response in a variable of your choosing (or create one right there).

Now, go to the place that lists your inputs. Add a new script to the event "When a player inputs data". Do an if test for the variable's value. If the player doesn't get it right, ask the question again (you can do a deviation of this and tell the player the answer is wrong, then ask the question again). If the player gets it right, do another "Get input from the player" and repeat the same process through the fourth question.

On the fifth question, if the player gets it right, show the final cache's zone or display the coordinates.

I can come up with an example, but that would either have to be late, late tonight (I'm working three basketball games after work tonight and tomorrow night) or during my lunch break at work. We'll see when I can get it done.

Ah, it was pretty quick to do and I was done fixing the last defect anyway. At work, after I finish my defects, I get to do some experimenting, some times just to learn new things or keep up to date and other times to come up with better ways to do things in the product. I can put that off for a few minutes, though, and give you an example.

In the example, I set it up so Dave has to be in proximity to the zone before the questions start. Just move him outside the zone a little and the questions will begin.

It's a simple cartridge, done very quickly, to demonstrate what you're asking. If you have any questions, just ask in the forum.

(Hmm... "Cache machine"... Around here, they're "number runs". I need to do a few more of them. I'm trying to get to 10K before my three year anniversary. I have to do 500 caches in three or four weeks. A small challenge, but doable. Cache machine indeed...)

shrimp.zip

(Hmm... "Cache machine"... Around here, they're "number runs". I need to do a few more of them. I'm trying to get to 10K before my three year anniversary. I have to do 500 caches in three or four weeks. A small challenge, but doable. Cache machine indeed...)

WOW! I'd love to hit that kind of numbers! Congrats on 3 years, Ranger Fox.