More of my tunnel adventures

thanks for those.

you know, ever since you got your legs under you and your style settled out, i have very much enjoyed your posts here.

i look forward to hearing about your future adventures.

when you said before that you were looking for attention, is this the kind you really wanted?

thanks for those.

you know, ever since you got your legs under you and your style settled out, i have very much enjoyed your posts here.

i look forward to hearing about your future adventures.

when you said before that you were looking for attention, is this the kind you really wanted?

yea. i think so. its hard to disect the teenage mind when i am one.

Edited by Crab_Soul

weird.. no more IMGs? when did that happen. no more dynamic someing or other it says when i tried to post a picture.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/26793886@N06/3322806371/

but that one is me. and im 6'5" so you can guess the size of the tunnels. the resperator is just in case. i did some reading on enclosed spaces saftey. but weve been in the same tunnel 5 times so im pretty sure its clear.

Edited by Crab_Soul

There are some old steam tunnels under Ohio State University I would love to explore, but I read about alot of crime going on there, and being an old geezer, I'll steer clear.

Me and my girlfriend, do however, love driving around in the back country, and finding old abandoned churches and such, and explore.

church.jpg

Found this one while out on a caching run.

Edited by Suburban Hillbillies

The tunnels look like they're safe enough, I'd be more than happy to search a cache there! I see you'e added bodies to the pics, this helped me to get a size of the tunnels, THANKS!!

I like the idea of getting the coords at the manholes, but do remember to check into local ordinances and laws, make sure you're OK to be messing around in there!!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/26793886@N06/

i actually freed a dam of trash so the water could flow. no more stagnant water full of mosquito larva thanks to me <_<

That one looks like the pictures I've seen of "Tube Torcher II" In ashville NC. Going to tackle that one real soon with a group. Its supposed to be a LOT of that type of thing, like ten hours worth.

Will post my experience when its complete.

I do wonder, however, how legal it is to be crawling around in a drain system. I would hope the cache hiders got permission, but you never know.

Your pics are not supported for the forums, you need a new host site like putting them in a cache log or coin log and adding them to your gallery, then choosing one and getting the url from there!

33d3071d-7c25-49c9-9cd6-1e7d4791f5c0.jpg

Here's CS now, mask and all. You're 6'+ and able to stand tall?? A nice sized drain system!!

Edited by Rockin Roddy

Your pics are not supported for the forums, you need a new host site like putting them in a cache log or coin log and adding them to your gallery, then choosing one and getting the url from there!

Here's CS now, mask and all. You're 6'+ and able to stand tall?? A nice sized drain system!!

yea that pic makes me look weird. i looks like i have a mohawk of hair sticking up. but its just a shadow lol.

but yea its that hight for about a small bit of it.

the rest of it there is a small ledge so it goes from about 7 ft to 5 1/2 ft for another stretch, then the roof raises to about 6 foot.

e604c4d2-b75f-400a-ad91-382dad8ad034.jpg

this is my brother and his friend in the tunnel. hes about 6' exactly and this is in the 6' part of the tunnel so hes hunched a tiny bit.

Now that looks fun Crabsoul, wish we had stuff like that around here.

you probubly do. most all storm drains connect to the big ones that we walked in. that then connects to a bayou.

but thanks rockin roddy for getting me an etrex legend!!! just got it today!!