On the writing of logs

In a micro, or similar cache with a very limited log book, some people write one-line logs, some write two-line logs and some write three or more lines.

I was out replacimg log books today in the Chiltern Hundred (a few of them were wet), and it occurred to me that if everyone writes two-line logs, then the cache maintainer has to go out on a maintenance visit twice as often. With three line logs, it's three times as often, and with four line logs, it's, well, you get the idea.

So, although I'm not saying people should only post one-line logs on these limited log books, but I am saying that before you post multi-line logs, you should spare a thought for the increased mainenance load you're putting on the person who set the cache out for you to have the fun of finding.

I always just leave my name or small stamp in micro's

I've seen some stamps (obviously not yours :D ) take up 5 or 6 lines of a micro-log... :laughing:

That can be annoying. I only use my stamp in micor's if there is a space provided for comments, or if it can fit in the lines supplied for the date and signature. I got my stamp made small so I could use it on smaller logs, but if the space is tight I just leave my name.

i must admit that last week I found a micro with a full log with no space to write, so I just stamped over other logs to prove I was there. I felt it was better like that, as you could still make out both logs.