Maps and Memory Cards

HOGFEVER

Since the manual that came with my Vista HCX is a bit vague I'll need info from members,thanks.First question:If I install a city navigator sd card will it replace my current base map or will I be able to switch from one to another? Second question:If I install a memory card can I use the card to store my geocache waypoints or will the internal memory be used first and what happens when the internal memory is full?

Since the manual that came with my Vista HCX is a bit vague I'll need info from members,thanks.First question:If I install a city navigator sd card will it replace my current base map or will I be able to switch from one to another? Second question:If I install a memory card can I use the card to store my geocache waypoints or will the internal memory be used first and what happens when the internal memory is full?

Your basemap is permanent. You can turn it on or off, buy it can't be erased.

Waypoints are stored in internal memory. You can have up to 1,000 (or 999 if your unit has a MOB function). The card is used to store maps, tracks, and custom POIs.

BTW, you probably don't want to buy the CN card. You want to get a blank memory card, and get the maps on a DVD, which you then load to the card.

Waypoints are stored in internal memory. You can have up to 1,000 (or 999 if your unit has a MOB function). The card is used to store maps, tracks, and custom POIs.

BTW, you probably don't want to buy the CN card. You want to get a blank memory card, and get the maps on a DVD, which you then load to the card.

OK,so if I have a map on the memory card for instance the city nav.,and I insert the card will this map always be the one that shows on the screen or will I access it from the menu?

OK,so if I have a map on the memory card for instance the city nav.,and I insert the card will this map always be the one that shows on the screen or will I access it from the menu?

You can turn on or off any map product, or any map segment. Other maps will always overlay the basemap. If all you have is the City Nav, you would most likely leave it on all time. If you had both City Nav and Topo maps, City Nav always overlays Topo, so you would turn off City Nav whenever you wanted to view the Topo maps.