Date format switchable or use month names?

KrispyDuck

Apologies if this has come up before but I can't get search to work.

Is there any way to change the way the website displays dates so that they aren't in USA format mm/dd/yyyy? Most of the world uses dd/mm/yyyy. I'm not saying it should be changed for everyone ... could it be a setting in the user profile maybe?

I appreciate that this site is run from the USA but it's reach is global. It isn't half confusing to read e.g. 3/9/2009 and have to stop and think what it means ... 3rd Sept or 9th March?

Alternatively, given that the site is primarily in the English language, would a more neutral format be better e.g. "3 Sep 09"?

Edited by KrispyDuck

Apologies if this has come up before but I can't get search to work.

Is there any way to change the way the website displays dates so that they aren't in USA format mm/dd/yyyy? Most of the world uses dd/mm/yyyy. I'm not saying it should be changed for everyone ... could it be a setting in the user profile maybe?

I appreciate that this site is run from the USA but it's reach is global. It isn't half confusing to read e.g. 3/9/2009 and have to stop and think what it means ... 3rd Sept or 9th March?

Alternatively, given that the site is primarily in the English language, would a more neutral format be better e.g. "3 Sep 09"?

It might have come once or twce or ......

Option to change date format

All numeric date display, Global differences

Date Format

Date format suggestion

Date Format - Anyway Of Changing It?, I want to change the date format

Date format when logging caches, A real nusiance

Website date format

DD/MM/YY date format and Greasemonkey

Date format on GC website, Can you change it ?

Account Page - Date Format

I think we still have to stick with Palau date format for a while. At least I woldn't start holding my breath yet, but TPTB have good intentions.

2002:

As we move the site to .NET, it is one of my design goals to provide better localization options (like date format preference) for our international users. I don't have any realistic timeline for when this will happen, but expect to see this option in the next version of the site.<BR><BR>-Elias

2006:

It would take a lot of work, but I would prefer it as an account option.

2008:

Localization is a big goal of ours, from special characters to custom dates and even hopefully languages one day. All I can tell you for now is that it's on the horizon. I'm very sorry for the confusion in the meantime.

Edited by lq