Vendetta ridden cache follow-up

Stuey

I think someone must have hacked mtn-man's account, as the response posted to the "vendetta ridden cache" topic is not the usual considered, valued response that is normally given by Greg :D

I think closing that topic was a bit off to be honest. But hey, that's just my opinion. It wasn't getting much in the way of responses as it was, so it would have vanished off the front page soon anyway.

I think someone must have hacked mtn-man's account, as the response posted to the "vendetta ridden cache" topic is not the usual considered, valued response that is normally given by Greg :D

I think closing that topic was a bit off to be honest. But hey, that's just my opinion. It wasn't getting much in the way of responses as it was, so it would have vanished off the front page soon anyway.

Yeah but you thought better of offering an opinion did you not? Leaving it open might have started a row and mtn-man has staved one off. :D

I can hazard a guess at who the culprit may have been; and like all troublemakers in our game, they thrive off the attention their actions cause.

Discussing the issues in an open forum just gives them the thrills they are seeking, so perhaps it is best to take the discussions elsewhere.

I don't understand why the topic was closed. I didn't see it causing a row?

I think that it is what is called preemptive action, and on this occasion, IMHO it was a good move.

OK, I'll take your word for it :laughing:

How about taking my word for it, as I was the one who asked for it to be closed. I won't go into a public explanation as to why. But I had a very valid reason to ask for it to be closed. There are a lot of issues behind the initial post to that topic, part of the history of which has already created issues in this forum, plus the person being targeted is easily Identifiable. As the post by jaz666 who is not local to the OP showed.

Deceangi Volunteer UK Reviewer

OK, I'll take your word for it :laughing:

How about taking my word for it, as I was the one who asked for it to be closed. I won't go into a public explanation as to why. But I had a very valid reason to ask for it to be closed. There are a lot of issues behind the initial post to that topic, part of the history of which has already created issues in this forum, plus the person being targeted is easily Identifiable. As the post by jaz666 who is not local to the OP showed.

Deceangi Volunteer UK Reviewer

I'd take your word for it had I known you were anything to do with it Dave. I have no clue whatsoever as to any history or issues related to this, and I have no idea who is being targeted. None of this is clear anywhere in the thread. As Jon says, any form of explanation would have prevented people wondering what was going on. As it stands now, I am left wondering who the bad guy is. To be honest though, I'm not going to lose any sleep over it, lol.

I did think mtn-man's statement quite abrupt and rather rude though.

Funny. I was also just taking Deci's word on it too. Pardon me if agreeing to his request was rude.

Based on the post, my best advice was to move on. It is just a game. Too many people forget that.

Once again, I think it is time to close this post as well.

Edited by mtn-man