I'm looking for ?

Hello

I'm looking to buy or trade for a Paper Hornets nest . I've made geocache's out of red wasp nest and dirt daubbers nest to make my geocache's more muggle resistant . I'll trade the methodology or camouflage geocache's for the Hornets Nest.

Mikey 1959

Hello

I'm looking to buy or trade for a Paper Hornets nest . I've made geocache's out of red wasp nest and dirt daubbers nest to make my geocache's more muggle resistant . I'll trade the methodology or camouflage geocache's for the Hornets Nest.

Mikey 1959

Truly, is this a good idea??

I've have seen these type of caches before . I have made several for other people . If you like to discuss via a personal message I have an open mind . I just don't want to open up another can of worms when I'm just looking for something . Hornets nest are quite rare in my part of the country and I had a request to make one for someone . The one's listed on ebay are over priced and really suck . Mikey

I've have seen these type of caches before . I have made several for other people . If you like to discuss via a personal message I have an open mind . I just don't want to open up another can of worms when I'm just looking for something . Hornets nest are quite rare in my part of the country and I had a request to make one for someone . The one's listed on ebay are over priced and really suck . Mikey

I opened a thread asking whether these are a good idea or not, not bringing up this thread or anything. I am not trying to give you grief, merely asking if these seem safe to you given many people are allergic to bees.

The thread is in the general forums if you care to monitor it! I'll not rain on your parade, just ask that you consider what could be!!

Your not raining on it , Dog.

I have my methods of hiding geocache's , you have yours . if would like to discus this via PM . I'm more then happy . I don't want to go down the path I went last time . I'm not a big fan of urban cache's due to the fact that it could be misconstrued that I'm casing a home or building by the police but that's just me . Some folks love them . I just want to find a Hornet nest and want to stay on the forum . Mikey

I have my methods of hiding geocache's , you have yours . if would like to discus this via PM . I'm more then happy . I don't want to go down the path I went last time . I'm not a big fan of urban cache's due to the fact that it could be misconstrued that I'm casing a home or building by the police but that's just me . Some folks love them . I just want to find a Hornet nest and want to stay on the forum . Mikey

One of my all time favorite finds was a yellow jacket's nest cache. Had just about given up on it when I noticed that the nest was vacant, so no risk to check. Sure enough! Was just too cool!

Haven't found one in decent shape but have the parts needed to build my own. The way I look at it is that not all caches are for all people. Some people (like my good geobuddy) can just get downwind of PI and she breaks out, seriously. So those are reserved for me to tackle. On the other hand, I don't like sticking my hands into dark holes where critters might be dwelling. Yet she does it without hesitation!

I know there is that line where you don't want to set up a bad example for the kiddos. That is why I really try to stay away from caches that involve electrical panels or devices. Yet, there are thousands of such caches in play right now.

One of my all time favorite finds was a yellow jacket's nest cache. Had just about given up on it when I noticed that the nest was vacant, so no risk to check. Sure enough! Was just too cool!

Haven't found one in decent shape but have the parts needed to build my own. The way I look at it is that not all caches are for all people. Some people (like my good geobuddy) can just get downwind of PI and she breaks out, seriously. So those are reserved for me to tackle. On the other hand, I don't like sticking my hands into dark holes where critters might be dwelling. Yet she does it without hesitation!

I know there is that line where you don't want to set up a bad example for the kiddos. That is why I really try to stay away from caches that involve electrical panels or devices. Yet, there are thousands of such caches in play right now.

Haven't heard of too many PI deaths unlike bee stings. Not only a bad example for the kids, but a dangerous one for all if not described and labeled properly...which most won't do because that'd ruin the surprise (we like to put that "ahhh" moment in front of our fellow cachers' safety it seems).

Also, there's an attribute for PI!

Haven't heard of too many PI deaths unlike bee stings. Not only a bad example for the kids, but a dangerous one for all if not described and labeled properly...which most won't do because that'd ruin the surprise (we like to put that "ahhh" moment in front of our fellow cachers' safety it seems).

I know that my allergy to wasp stings wouldn't stop me from checking every wasp's nest out there if I found a cache in one. My OCD kicked in after my first lamp post skirt cache and I haven't made it inside a mall since, my wife shops while I check each & every light in the parking lot for caches.

I know that my allergy to wasp stings wouldn't stop me from checking every wasp's nest out there if I found a cache in one. My OCD kicked in after my first lamp post skirt cache and I haven't made it inside a mall since, my wife shops while I check each & every light in the parking lot for caches.