Is it just me?....

Alibags

I was just looking at one of my cache listings and noticed that there appears to be a fragment of dutch text in the short description, which seemed to be part of the cache description of a multicache. "Strange" I think, and then go to edit the cache page to see if there is anything lurking in the code... nope. On exiting the edit page, I seem to now have something simliar, but it looks like German text now. Take at look at the cache page and tell me if you see it too, or am I just going slightly mad? <--- note green crayon :o

I wonder if something not entirely wholesome has happened to the gc.com database?

An Earthcache is a virtual cache set to give visitors an insight into the geology of our world. This one is known throughout the world and is regarded by English Nature as the 'jewel in the crown' of its Sites of Special Scientific Interest AƐČᴈ瞿

That's what I saw. Looks like aliens are taking it over now.

I was just looking at one of my cache listings and noticed that there appears to be a fragment of dutch text in the short description, which seemed to be part of the cache description of a multicache. "Strange" I think, and then go to edit the cache page to see if there is anything lurking in the code... nope. On exiting the edit page, I seem to now have something simliar, but it looks like German text now. Take at look at the cache page and tell me if you see it too, or am I just going slightly mad? <--- note green crayon :o

I wonder if something not entirely wholesome has happened to the gc.com database?

Yes.

It's there.

It's been happening randomly for a while now.

GSP are aware of it.

Nobody's been able to solve what's causing it... as yet.

So I've been told :)

MrsB

Looking at your cache page using Internet Explorer, I can't see anything wrong with. There isn't any German text or anything else that shouldn't be there. I have noticed that my travel bug / geocoin mileages aren't updating, though. I keep track of them all on an Excel spreadsheet and update the mileage at every move. Some have moved two or three times now over the last few days but the mileage hasn't increased.

I last saw this issue about a year back, I queried it with someone in the know at the time, and it appeared it was a known issue with unknown cause. Tis very weird, since the extra text seems to have some aspect of randomness regarding what it gives you.

I think we (techies in geochat) speculated over causes, but came to no firm conclusions. Other than to blame Microsoft of course :o