Just Because Coin-Test

Erica-opoly

Ok, So it snowing here ... again... so to provide entertainment I thought i'd host a coin-test :)

Two parts -

First part is to help me get over the snow and jelousy of those who are going away for March Break - post your favorite vacation destination! :laughing: Doesn't have to be an exact location - the general idea will work! I'll use a random numbers generator to pick a winning post Sunday night (March 1) at 7 PM Atlantic Time - winner will get a "Lettuce Go Caching" trackable geocoin.

On to the second part - First person to guess correctly exactly what I will be doing for my vacation the weekend of June 26-28th 2009 :o Winner will get a McCaw Trackable geocoin.

Happy Posting!

Well, I am taking a break from packing for our upcoming trip to Florida and saw this post...thought it was kinda fitting! We have been to Florida many times as we have family that spend a lot of time there (they are Canadian "snowbirds"). However, my favourite vacation so far has been the cruise that my husband and I went on for our 5th wedding anniversary. I love cruising (I have been on four) and though Alaska isn't very warm...it is the best spot I have travelled to ever.

I will guess for your June vacation that you are going camping and caching.

Wow, a favourite destination, that's a difficult question ;-) Guatemala, Borneo and China are favourites, but of course I'd have to choose my next holiday destination: Western Australia! We're leaving 9 april to go camping there and hope to do some caches as well :-)

For the second part of the cointest: I think you're going on a boattrip and diving/snorkelling and maybe also do some underwatercaches???

My favourite vacation destination is actually in Northern Ontario, about halfway between Sudbury and Timmins. Spent a week there one summer, and it was so quiet and peaceful... no cell phones or TV or anything. Just nature as far as we could see. Don't know how I'd feel about it in the winter though :o

My favourite vacation destination is actually in Northern Ontario, about halfway between Sudbury and Timmins. Spent a week there one summer, and it was so quiet and peaceful... no cell phones or TV or anything. Just nature as far as we could see. Don't know how I'd feel about it in the winter though :o

Did you see the photos of my back yard?! You don't want to be in Atlantic Canada in winter - well, at least not this year! It's been nasty...

02bb38fb-9af9-4035-9580-3af71084dae1.jpg

The snow has melted to just overhalf way up the window now, but it's still too much..I miss the summer!

#1: My favorite vacation idea? Road Trip! It's too expensive for the 6 of us to fly, so we drive everywhere we go. We usually visit family, but the journey can be a huge part of the experience if you let it. Caching is a great hobby to go along with it. We've got a trip coming up this summer where we'll go from the Florida Panhandle to the Puget Sound. Lots of "togetherness time" to look forward to! Thank goodness for Gameboys and the DVD player! :o

#2: You are going fishing in the Key West Gator Club Dolphin Derby in Key West, FL. (Mahi-Mahi type Dolphin, not the Flipper type, for those that might be concerned!) Fishing in Margaritaville, can't beat that!

#1 Well... I do not have a favorite destination! I am trying to have nice holidays, where ever I go! Ok, Iam not travelling a lot! I have been only in spain and I admit I loved Toledo! what a medieval city!!! It looks like it came out of a fairytale! Most of the times, I go to Leros island in Greece! It is in dodecanese, like Rhodes! It is a small island but I love it! My mother is from there! If you make a small search you will see photos of the island and you will understand why I like it! :o

It is a Greek island! :) Of course, many tourists prefer the island I like, rhodes, so... :laughing:

#2 what are you going to do? Get burned from the Sun, and go swimming in beautiful mediterranean beaches!!! Are you coming to Greece? :laughing:

1. My all time favorite vacation spot is in the Blue Ridge Mountains of North Caronlina... to be specific, there is a hiking trail called Rough Ridge and at the top is the best mountain range view you'll ever see...

2. I'm guessing that you'll be in Alaska...

Did you see the photos of my back yard?! You don't want to be in Atlantic Canada in winter - well, at least not this year! It's been nasty...

02bb38fb-9af9-4035-9580-3af71084dae1.jpg

The snow has melted to just overhalf way up the window now, but it's still too much..I miss the summer!

I feel a whole lot better since seeing this, Now I know ours could of been worse. :o

My favorite vacation spot is Alaska in the summer time, 60 degree weather and 21-22 hours a day of bright sunshine...Denali is awesome

Glacier at College Fiord

P7086606.jpg

Inside passage

P7086589.jpg

Inside Passage

P7086593.jpg

Our Ship the Carnival Spirit

P7096637.jpg

Elmer at the wild life preserve

P7096658.jpg

Lobby of the Anchorage Hilton

P7096677.jpg

Denali National Park

P7116734.jpg

Mount McKinley

P7116780.jpg

Fairbanks train Station

P7116813.jpg

Our Train

P7116773.jpg

Wow, a favourite destination, that's a difficult question ;-) Guatemala, Borneo and China are favourites, but of course I'd have to choose my next holiday destination: Western Australia! We're leaving 9 april to go camping there and hope to do some caches as well :-)

For the second part of the cointest: I think you're going on a boattrip and diving/snorkelling and maybe also do some underwatercaches???

:o:):laughing: Yay! Are you coming to visit me?

Favorite vacation now, would be "Camp Gone To The Dogs" a week of spending time with , and training my dogs in everything from tracking and agility, to freestyle dance (gotta admit I've passed on that one, but my schnauzers will get to try sheep herding this summer!) held in Marlboro, VT

My favorite vacation was last year when I went on the road with my husband for a week. I went to all of his gigs in the Myrtle Beach area. I was his roadie, groupie and manager. We had so much fun!

I think you will be going to a Jimmy Buffet concert in MA for your vacation.

Part 1 - We went to Kelly's Island in Ohio and geocached on the Island. You can ferry your vehicle or rent one of the hundreds of golf carts on the island to get around. The caches and EarthCaches were superb and the nightlife is fun too!

Part2 - Youre going to Atlanticade 2009 - THE Motorcycle Festival Rally