Are there any geocaching burners out there?

WashoeZephyr

A group of cachers from the Reno area are attending Burning Man this year (Labor Day Weekend '09). We were just curious how many cachers out there, if any besides us, go to Burning Man? (I am no stranger to Gerlach and the Black Rock Desert but this will be my virgin voyage to Burning Man, my fellow campers have been many a time and have set up GC events in the past) We are thinking of putting together a geocaching theme camp. We have a very limited Black Rock City Geocaching Society pathtag in the works that will be gifted at the event. If you are going we would like to hear from you! :D

Free Heeler and I already have our tickets to Evolution in hand... see you in BRC! With the remodel and the wedding, we had to miss last year's burn - sold our tix a week before the event. Sounds like there was an event, and perhaps even a traditional (though short-lived?) cache? Anyone know who the local approver is for the area? Might be nice to pre-socialize any cache/event ideas we might have? I know Moose Mob and Road Runner cover the Vegas area - does your territory include the entire state? Trying to think of the reviewers/publishers of the various Reno caches I've found...

See y'all on the playa!

Billy

Free Heeler and I already have our tickets to Evolution in hand... see you in BRC! With the remodel and the wedding, we had to miss last year's burn - sold our tix a week before the event. Sounds like there was an event, and perhaps even a traditional (though short-lived?) cache? Anyone know who the local approver is for the area? Might be nice to pre-socialize any cache/event ideas we might have? I know Moose Mob and Road Runner cover the Vegas area - does your territory include the entire state? Trying to think of the reviewers/publishers of the various Reno caches I've found...

See y'all on the playa!

Billy

Hi there Billy!

Moosemob is our reviewer/ oderater here too! He's everywhere. I don't know if we could get a short lived traditional cache together?? Ahem :) Too bad we couldn't have a special "man" icon :( I'd like to do an event, permission has been granted in the past, hoping to get event permission again. Actually Moosemob needs to just attend! Since we intend to educate the masses on GPSr use in massive sand storms, I think it should be allowed :D

My ticket is "in the mail"! :)

We are making tutu's, do you want us to make you one? Do you have color preferences? :D

blue to match his hair?

we're having a tutu making party spydey, maybe a preburn tutu party event!! BYOTulle

you could model your tutu for marga :ph34r: before it gets all covered in playa!

Greetings,

I am new to geocaching -- but am now addicted! :-) 2009 will be my 8th Burn and I camp with the Black Rock Beacon (usually placed at the 9:00 Plaza). I would love to assist with your playa plans or offer any dusty advice regarding the event specifically.

Cheers,

TheZediKnight

Thanks ZediKnight! This will actually be my first burn (Cookie & Faith are the experts) I believe camp is usually set up somewhere around 6-6:30. We are putting in an application as an actual "theme camp" so we aren't too sure where we will end up. I think an event page is in the works and we are just awaiting approval. (don't quote me on that). Be sure to run a query before you go, there are a few caches on the way to Gerlach. I'm planning on placing one on the section of highway that passes through Pershing county. For all the county collectors out there.

I was able to snag a few hundred small (purse) size containers each of Purell hand cleaner and Glysomed hand lotion. Think these will make good gifting items.

Perfect! great gifts at the porta potties. some times the hand sanitizing stations run out.

Edited by cookie&faith

I'll be attending Burning Man (again) this year, but there will be one major difference from previous years... I'm geocaching now, and not only that, attempting 365 days in a row. The Burn is about the only thing that may trip up my streak, but maybe... Just maybe if there are enough caching burners and there's at least one event every day of the burn (there are two already yay) I may be able to make this happen. Fingers crossed!