bogus travel bug logs

JohnnyVegas

I know of a couple cachers who share every tracking number they come across. And no they do not live near each other.

I've always wondered what kind of person could find bogus logging enjoyable. "Hey, let's go waste time by typing in a bunch of carp on the computer!" yee....haw. :D

I don't know, maybe it's a stat envy thing.

edit: Yeah I know, someone could have mis-typed the tracking number and logged Johnny's bug by accident, but that wasn't the question.

Edited by BlueDeuce

I don't know, maybe it's a stat envy thing.

edit: Yeah I know, someone could have mis-typed the tracking number and logged Johnny's bug by accident, but that wasn't the question.

yeah, that reminds me of when i'm out with my wife and she might say "that lady is carrying a fake coach bag" or "that lady is carrying a fake gucci bag". and i'm like what is the point in carrying a fake bag, or logging fake finds? you know it's a fake bag, anyone who has a real one knows it's a fake bag, so what have you gained? "hey, i feel good about myself i'm logging a fake find".

So I had a travel bug tag that was only seen at GWVI. It has not left my home, for the last 9 months I have kept it at here. Now some cacher claims to have discovered it, but he was not at GWVI.

Are some cacher so pathetic that they have to log TBs they they have never had in there hand?

As owner of the TB you may be able to delete their log.

It could have happened by someone creating a list and taking it to a meet and sharing it with all who were present. That happens all the time.

My caching partner and I found a deep woods cache a couple of months ago. There was a TB in it which we later logged. The TB was put into the cache three months before we found it but there were three cachers who logged it during the three month period. How, you might ask? No, they didn't visit the cache. They discovered it at a meet while it resided in the cache.

I guess someone forgot to take it off their list. How many times have you been to geocacher meet where TB/coin lists are handed out? Most of the time, the TBs/coins are not even there. That's why we seldom log TBs. The numbers are meaningless other than for those who are obsessed with numbers! :D