2009 Indiana Fall Picnic

daggy

So, the cat is out of the bag. Thanks, Jeni for the intro.

It seems the latest and greatest thing in geocaching is challenges. Soooooo, the Planning Team challenges everyone to decorate their campsite. Theme of your choosing. We've all seen the creativity cachers have, so now is the time to show it!

So, the cat is out of the bag. Thanks, Jeni for the intro.

It seems the latest and greatest thing in geocaching is challenges. Soooooo, the Planning Team challenges everyone to decorate their campsite. Theme of your choosing. We've all seen the creativity cachers have, so now is the time to show it!

Whoo-hoo!!! Great idea. Let the planning begin!!

hello, don't know for sure what to do here but hope it's where i'm supposed to post that Donsdi will be camping at site 122 and we're hoping for no rain as it seems to follow where ever we go camping....have had a blast at the picnic in the past and am looking forward to this one....

I updated the map and added a Purple square to some of the sites. The reason for this is if you go to the DNR site to reserve a site and use 'tent' it shows the ones with purple as not being avalible, but if you use 'pop-up' it does not. So becareful when grabbing a site and make sure it is avalible.

Fall-09.gif

The 2009 Fall Picnic Committee is meeting one more time to finalize plans. This years Event will Rock. If you don't have fun with us you must be catatonic. See you all real soon.

The BRAVE folks have already signed up for GeoSurvivor. Be sure to notify your next of kin.

Deermark

f5b0b2ba-dc76-4968-b103-cd6ae7342412.jpg

The GeoSurvivor games are finalized and were tested this weekend by the Picnic Committee and they are ready to go. The following is what you can expect.

1 - Let's Go Caching Baby

2 - Jello Dolly

3 - Just Sign The Log

4 - Gauging Your Opponent

5 - Duck It

6 - Hiking The Wood

Can anyone guess what the games are?

Deermark

Let's Go Caching Baby... sounds a little flirty. Not sure if Mr. lakedawgs would be cool with that.

Jello Dolly... mmmm... jello shots...

Just Sign The Log... you probably put the log 20 feet up a pine tree.

Gauging Your Opponent... is this sort of like the "guess your weight" game at the State Fair???

Duck It... I've said a phrase that sounds remarkably familiar many times while caching. :unsure:

Hiking The Wood... I'm picturing a football field for some reason.

Let's Go Caching Baby... sounds a little flirty. Not sure if Mr. lakedawgs would be cool with that.

Gauging Your Opponent... is this sort of like the "guess your weight" game at the State Fair???

Duck It... I've said a phrase that sounds remarkably familiar many times while caching. :D

How did Matt guess every game right. He is a psycho.....I mean psychic...whatever.

Deermark

Duck It... I've said a phrase that sounds remarkably familiar many times while caching. :laughing:

How did Matt guess every game right. He is a psycho.....I mean psychic...whatever.

Deermark

Heh... it wasn't Matt. ;)

Mrs. Jeep4Two and I are preped and ready. Looking very forward to this event. We had a great time at our first event "Caching the Falls at Clifty II" (Thanks Wooly and the DNR folks for a great time).

We'll be in the lodge - got the last queen room on Thursday night - thanks to Wooly for tipping me off on this event. I had overlooked it somehow.

We are both on the roster for Geosurvivor - I hope that log's not 40' up a pine tree :laughing:

The shelter is not equipped with any kitchen equipment. There is no coolers or refrigeration. There is some electric available. Not sure how the Queen of the Kitchen (Bad Majec) is planning on using the electric.

The agenda doesn't have anyone bringing their food to the pitch-in area until 12:15 p.m.

Not sure how your room at Canyon Inn is set up, but I know some of them have microwaves in them.

Edited by daggy