2009 Indiana Fall Picnic

daggy

Plans were finalized ths week to host the Fall Picnic at McCormick's Creek State Park. Mark your calendar for September 11th and 12th. Look for the cache page to be posted in the next few weeks.

This year's planning team is Daggy, Deermark, Team Itchy and Scratchy, Bad Majec, Pam of Prairiepartners, Eye of the Pirate and Batman and Catwoman. We all look forward to seeing you at the 8th annual picnic.

We will be at the Fall Picnic this year, but we will be staying in cabin 5 this year.

I'll still take care of the camp map for the event and T-Bird, I will make sure to mark your site so everyone know which one to stop by for a cold one! :)

The Generic Beer is iced downright now for the event.

I checked into reservations and it seems that reservations cannot be made this far in advance. I will keep you posted though......

If your wanting a cabin you can. There is 13 regular cabins and 1 ADA cabin and as of last night there is only 5 regs and the ADA cabin left.

We have cabin 5(01) :)

I checked into reservations and it seems that reservations cannot be made this far in advance. I will keep you posted though......

I checked reservations today. It looks like electric loop b sites are filling up. What is the loop that the Geocachers are going to be on so I can make my reservation? Loop A sites in the electric looks like they are filling up also.

Edited by kayak-cowboy

We will be at the Fall Picnic this year, but we will be staying in cabin 5 this year.

I'll still take care of the camp map for the event and T-Bird, I will make sure to mark your site so everyone know which one to stop by for a cold one! :laughing:

And make sure that the toaster is washed and waxed, so when people come to log it she looks pretty!

If your wanting a cabin you can. There is 13 regular cabins and 1 ADA cabin and as of last night there is only 5 regs and the ADA cabin left.

We have cabin 5(01) :o

WHAT A CABIN?? You have got to be kiddin me the 501 gang is going to be in a cabin! I thought last year after we took you out night caching in the rain and you slid down the steep hill and almost into the river that we had made you into a real cacher. I guess not! HEY JEREMY if you can hear me we need to change 501 Gang's name to 501 GIRLS. :):laughing::D

We have cabin 5(01) :mad:

WHAT A CABIN?? You have got to be kiddin me the 501 gang is going to be in a cabin! I thought last year after we took you out night caching in the rain and you slid down the steep hill and almost into the river that we had made you into a real cacher. I guess not! HEY JEREMY if you can hear me we need to change 501 Gang's name to 501 GIRLS. :huh::D:huh:

We wanted to be by you guys this year and figured since cabins were avaliable you'd be in one like Brown County and Pokagon. :huh:

As you can probably tell the planning team had a great time this weekend at McCormick's Creek. We were there for some rest and relaxation, retreat style. In spite of all the relaxing, we did manage to get some picnic planning in.

Mark and I have booked campsite #78 in Loop A. Don't tell anyone, but we also booked a room at the Canyon Inn. Its your guess where we will be staying or where our kids will be staying if they come his year.

In looking at the campsite map, a lot of sites are already spoken for. All the studio rooms are already reserved at the Canyon Inn. There were still queen, double and twin rooms still available. Didn't check on the cabins.

McCormicks' Creek is absolutely beautiful! This will be another great picnic.

Daggy

P.S. Be warned, you can't believe everything you see in pictures. There are illusions everywhere.

I'll still take care of the camp map for the event and T-Bird, I will make sure to mark your site so everyone know which one to stop by for a cold one! :D

And make sure that the toaster is washed and waxed, so when people come to log it she looks pretty!

I would ask you to help spit-shine the toaster but I'm afraid you would just spit on it. :D:):laughing:

In looking at the campsite map, a lot of sites are already spoken for. All the studio rooms are already reserved at the Canyon Inn. There were still queen, double and twin rooms still available. Didn't check on the cabins.

There really ARE plenty of campsites available. When registering for a campsite, if you select "tent" it appears the campground is getting full. If you select "Pop-Up" it appears there are plenty of spaces available. Campground management was contacted to clarify. The sites shown under "tent" have less gravel and are the best sites to set up a tent. Those pitching a tent are welcome to select either site designated for tents or campers.

McCormick's Creek Park rocks!

Weird, isn't it? It took Alicia, t-bird and I the longest time to figure out what was going on. It's why t-bird kept saying that most were taken but Alicia and I kept saying "no - there aren't any reserved yet!" t-bird was choosing tent and of course Lakedawgs and I were choosing campers!

So what site is the Hotel Schmeni parking at for the Fall Picnic weekend?

Daryl

Thanks for doing this but when you look at the map make sure you do NOT select tent because it will show as reserved.

Loop A 17, 22, 77-79, 85-90, and 92 are the only sites reserved. All are reserved by Geocachers

As I said before "If you plan to be anywhere near the 85-90 compound beware of loud noises late into the night."

You do a great job with this every year.

Daryl

Thanks for doing this but when you look at the map make sure you do NOT select tent because it will show as reserved.

Loop A 17, 22, 77-79, 85-90, and 92 are the only sites reserved. All are reserved by Geocachers

As I said before "If you plan to be anywhere near the 85-90 compound beware of loud noises late into the night."

You do a great job with this every year.

Thanks t_bird!

There's 12 sites taken but I only have names for 8, so if anyone knows who the other 4 campers are, please let me know and I'll update the map.

I booked that whole inner circle (excepting for Lakedawg's real estate). You have mine & t-bird's site already listed. BigMamaK is in site 88 and Coolhipwithit is in site #86. For the time being, site #89 will be a question mark until I decide what to do with it.

Thanks Jeni!

Map fixed.

Site 79?

Edited by 501_Gang