Feature Request

Mr'D

In Instant Notification emails there are four clickable links shown:

1. Visit this log entry at the below address:

2. Visit Traditional Cache

3. Profile for [name of reviewer]:

4. Notification: New Traditional Cache

Rather than a link to the reviewer's profile, may we have a link to the cache owner's profile instead?

Are there any others who would find this more useful :D

Rather than a link to the reviewer's profile, may we have a link to the cache owner's profile instead?

Are there any others who would find this more useful :D

Cache owners name is a must in my opinion

They are using the same email template for all log types. If someone found a cache, the email includes a link to the person that found it. If someone didn't find a cache, the email includes a link to the person that didn't find it. All this is good, except for when the action is publishing; then everyone wants to see who the cache owner is, instead of the publisher.

Probably not going to happen, but I agree it would be nice.

Right, just add cache owner to all notifications.

Would help me. I have a couple of watches where all I want to know is whether one particular cacher has placed a cache. That's about one out of every hundred. I open a hundred web pages to find the one I want. So it would save gc.com in resources to tell me who the cache owner is in the email.

Edward

I wouldn't mind seeing that on the notifications. The other thing I think is missing is if it's a PM only cache or not. I'm a PM so I guess it doesn't really matter also due to I think instant notifications are a PM feature any way's. But I don't like to click and land on a PM only page if I don't have to.

I think it is important to remember what triggers the notifications - a new log of the proper type. What you are being notified of is the fact the log entry has been made. It just so happens that the log type of a new cache is a published log from the reviewer. That is why the reviewers link info is on it. So yes - the only "cure" to this "problem" would be to add the owners link info to all notification types. Then we would have threads about why that isn't necessary.

But if it's possible to have a link to "Visit Traditional Cache" (or whatever type of cache it happens to be - I randomly picked a recent email :o ) then would it not be a matter of simply adding in the necessary code to include a link to the cache owner's profile? :)

I believe it would be a vast improvement to the notification emails. Thank you for raising it as a request Mr. Dewdrop :laughing: