TB mileage not calculating

MaxB on the River

Any reports from the software geeks as to when they may find a solution? I've not had any updates for over 2 weeks.

Post 38, 2 days ago.

Yes, I think that this is an issue that should be given top priority! To see work done on the GPS Ratings feature but not on this problem was rather disconcerting for me!

Raine was able to some magic and solve the mileage issues. Owners can use the dropdown menu on their trackable page to force a distance recalculation. Alternatively, the next time someone posts a trackable log it will have the same result. We're very sorry for the inconvenience this caused to everyone!

Edited by OpinioNate
Owners can use the dropdown menu on their trackable page to force a distance recalculation. Alternatively, the next time someone posts a trackable log it will have the same result.

I am reading that to mean that whenever someone moves a trackable, the owner has to do a recalculation to get the mileage to update, is that correct?

Thanks for the hard work on this matter, it really is appreciated.

Bruce

Owners can use the dropdown menu on their trackable page to force a distance recalculation. Alternatively, the next time someone posts a trackable log it will have the same result.

I am reading that to mean that whenever someone moves a trackable, the owner has to do a recalculation to get the mileage to update, is that correct?

Concentrate on the second sentence "the next time someone posts a trackable log it will have the same result."

Forcing a recalculation is just for right now, if you are impatient and don't want to wait until the next log is posted.

Concentrate on the second sentence "the next time someone posts a trackable log it will have the same result."

Forcing a recalculation is just for right now, if you are impatient and don't want to wait until the next log is posted.

Oops, thanks for the clarification. I did read that wrong.

Bruce

Recalculating is only partially working for us. We launched our very first TBs the day the problems started, brought them from CA to FL and back home, then to AL. Looks like there's no mileage for when we dipped them back here in CA. :laughing: Any ideas? The historical logs look ok...

TB2HP19

TB2HP0Q

Recalculating is only partially working for us. We launched our very first TBs the day the problems started, brought them from CA to FL and back home, then to AL. Looks like there's no mileage for when we dipped them back here in CA. :laughing: Any ideas? The historical logs look ok...

TB2HP19

TB2HP0Q

These 2 trackables are updated now. Sometimes the recalculate mileage(distance as its called now) doesn't update immediately. It can take a up to a couple of hours.

It would be great if you could post the TB number that you're referring to so I have something to go with.

So, you are saying that there are TB:s that actually do collect mileage this month? any examples of that???

Anyway examples:

TB1PC88

TB1E8N7

TB2H115

TB22R14

...enough?

It would be great if you could post the TB number that you're referring to so I have something to go with.

So, you are saying that there are TB:s that actually do collect mileage this month? any examples of that???

Anyway examples:

TB1PC88

TB1E8N7

TB2H115

TB22R14

...enough?

Well, all of my 100+ geocoins out in the wild are now collecting mileage, as far as I can tell. For a few coins, I've needed to nudge it along using the "Recalculate distance" feature, but otherwise it seems to be working fine for me.

--Larry

If you are the owner, you can try clicking on the drop down menu in the upper right hand corner and selecting “recalculate distance.” This does not always work, but it is something to try for the time being.

This worked for mine TB's but I hope it will work automatic soon.

team Orteeltjes :D

We dropped 10 TBs early this morning (11 hours ago), expected the mileage to update as that was what was supposed to happen by the forum posts earlier. No mileage has been calculated on any of them. Many of these have had 10 - 12 logs since the problem first appeared 2/26.

Here are some of the numbers for reference.

TBKCKF

TB12ZRK

TB1F3Q9

TB2777ZB

TB1RTA8

Sure hope the bug gets found and repaired soon. Many owners of TB's may not realized they need to recalulate the mileage since many gc's don't get in to the forums.

I'm having the same problems with our new happy-caching-coin, which has just started his journey. Today he was placed in another cache and still no km's or miles calculated. I'm also a bit worried about not seeing the VIEW MAP-link, I hope this has to do with the same problem, or is this something new?

I have 24 travel bugs/geocoins out there in the big, wide world but none of them are having their mileage updated automatically when they're dropped into a new cache. I can, however, update their mileage manually. That's a big improvement on a week ago when I couldn't even do that. :)

I have 24 travel bugs/geocoins out there in the big, wide world but none of them are having their mileage updated automatically when they're dropped into a new cache. I can, however, update their mileage manually. That's a big improvement on a week ago when I couldn't even do that. :)

I don't have any TBs activated yet, but I am seeing the same problem with the ones that I am tracking. There is one that I dipped into a cache in Canada on 2/23 and then into Tennessee on 2/26. I have also dipped it into many caches since then, but no mileage is showing up on the TB page. When I go over to the owners page it is not updated there either. The TB21625 Suttons travel Bug. I have a few others that aren't being updated with miles also? Thanks for any help with this.

Edited by dexterjg

I don't have any TBs activated yet, but I am seeing the same problem with the ones that I am tracking. There is one that I dipped into a cache in Canada on 2/23 and then into Tennessee on 2/26. I have also dipped it into many caches since then, but no mileage is showing up on the TB page. When I go over to the owners page it is not updated there either. The TB # is <redacted> Suttons travel Bug. I have a few others that aren't being updated with miles also? Thanks for any help with this.

You shouldn't post the tracking number (only the TB#####)...or else that bug will end up with lots of fake miles added to it...

I don't have any TBs activated yet, but I am seeing the same problem with the ones that I am tracking. There is one that I dipped into a cache in Canada on 2/23 and then into Tennessee on 2/26. I have also dipped it into many caches since then, but no mileage is showing up on the TB page. When I go over to the owners page it is not updated there either. The TB # is <redacted> Suttons travel Bug. I have a few others that aren't being updated with miles also? Thanks for any help with this.

You shouldn't post the tracking number (only the TB#####)...or else that bug will end up with lots of fake miles added to it...

Ok, Thanks. I'm new at this forums area. I did see however, that the miles are now updated. But the other ones are still not showing. Should I post those TB#s here to get them updated? Thanks

I just had the same happen on my ONLY travelbug.. It only reports the milage prior to 2/26, when it was picked-up.. But the TB now resides more that 312.1 miles SW.. (dropped yesterday).. the mileage didn't update beyong the 3.2 miles of the 1st drop. (ref: TB2JTPR)

I just had the same happen on my ONLY travelbug.. It only reports the milage prior to 2/26, when it was picked-up.. But the TB now resides more that 312.1 miles SW.. (dropped yesterday).. the mileage didn't update beyong the 3.2 miles of the 1st drop. (ref: TB2JTPR)

Have you tried selecting "Recalculate distance" in the drop-down list in the upper right-hand corner of the travel bug page? That seems to be the only way I can get the mileage on my own geocoins to update right now.

--Larry

I have a TB dropped on Feb. 15th and there is no trackin of it. I hope this gets fixed soon. Going to a MOGA's mega event in 3 days would like this to work. :D

Where is this recalculate button I don't see anything I can select?

TB#

WQ8K2N

D1AR5H

Da Mouse

Edited by Da Mouse

I've experienced the same issue with all my trackables that have moved recently. I've been manuallly recalculating the distance for each one when they move and it has been tracking their miles. Less convenient, but it does capture the movement information.

Just a FYI...

....it appears to have started at 8:47am EST on Wed., Feb 25. I have 2 entrants in my PGR race that were dropped by the same cacher at the same time in the same cache and 1 the mileage updated and the other still has not. Neither has been picked up or had a note posted since the above time. The 1 that updated, the notification e-mail was first in my Inbox.

Hope this helps :P

Ah Shilo, it was yours that broke it then hey? :)

I've tried to do the recalc myself a few times these last couple of weeks, to no avail.

I'm experiencing the same problem, as I mistakenly pointed out on the Getting Started discussion. I'll defer dipping until I hear it's working again. Thanks for any assistance.

Has the method for calculating TB mileage changed? It had been working just fine 2 days ago when we dropped TBs, it calculated mileage immediately. I just finished dropping 7 TBs - 30 minutes ago and still no mileage calculation. Examples are TB11nkp and TB18pyp.

Thanks for the response.

Same thing here. Our travel bugs mileage have not been updating for about a month now. Hopefully some one will work it out.

I posted the original problem, that started happening over a month ago. there have been 2,838 views (the 4th highest total on page 1 of the Website problems) of this topic and 90 posts. Is Groundspeak doing anything to work on the problem? It would be nice to know with an update as to possible progress.

We are seeing more and more problems, especially, with newly released TBs and coins. If their logging started after 2/26/09 the map and mileage is not being calculated at all. In many cases the logging trail now extends over 2 or more pages.

When the problem first occured when TB logs were shifted to multiple pages, the mileage problem first appeared and took 6 weeks to figure out. Is mulitple pages going to cause even further problems? The old correction included having to wait up to 24 hours to get mileage posted, and backdated logs weren't always calculated.

I know that TB owners can try to recalculate mileage, IF they know to try it and where, but that leaves the majority of TB's without correct mileage updated.

Please GC, give us some type of answer as to progress on correcting this problem.

Thank you.

Additional info on mileage problem. IF a travel bug has been released since 2/26/09 (when the problem first appeared) no mileage, map or recalculate button is created. It is almost as if the TB's movement for mileage has never existed.

When a TB is dropped, is there a 2nd or linked table that the information is supposed to be added to for mileage calculation? We know that at least in the logging table the information is being correctly recorded as the log appears on the page. However, if a link to a secondary table is supposed to be created that then starts a calculate mileage subroutine - this dosn't seem to be taking place.

Hopefully this question will have the programming group maybe look at the problem in a different manner and find a solution.

We haven't forgotten about these problems with mileage calculation, but at the moment I'm afraid I can't give you any progress updates. I promise we'll keep you updated when the problem is fixed or when we have new information to impart.

For anyone in the thread reporting personal issues with your trackables please heed Raine's post from earlier requesting trackable IDs (the public kind visible on the trackable details page). That detail is essential. Thanks.

Raine was able to some magic and solve the mileage issues. Owners can use the dropdown menu on their trackable page to force a distance recalculation. Alternatively, the next time someone posts a trackable log it will have the same result. We're very sorry for the inconvenience this caused to everyone!

Thank you all for the Info it was a great help.