TB mileage not calculating

MaxB on the River

I'm experiencing the same problem, as I mistakenly pointed out on the Getting Started discussion. I'll defer dipping until I hear it's working again. Thanks for any assistance.

Has the method for calculating TB mileage changed? It had been working just fine 2 days ago when we dropped TBs, it calculated mileage immediately. I just finished dropping 7 TBs - 30 minutes ago and still no mileage calculation. Examples are TB11nkp and TB18pyp.

Thanks for the response.

The mileage doesn't always update instantly. Give it some time before you worry, but no updates have been made anywhere on the site since the 12th.

There is an elusive mileage bug that has plagued me for years, but it's too soon to tell if this is the case here.

Been several days for some of mine and several I watch. Just not happening. Would love to know it would auto-correct or curren bug or something and not a methodology change.

OH NO! Not this again...a025.gif

Yep, it seems this bug has reappeared, and I don't mean travel bug. My traveling geocoins' mileage hasn't been updating as they've been placed in new caches. This has been going on for a few days. I remember this happened before, not sure if it was a problem that was fixed or it just fixed itself.

Just to let you know, seems the mileage is still not updating - notices received today haven't updated either.

Since it used to work immediately when drop was recorded, will it go back and update the last 2 days drops? My guess is no.

The map feature does calculate correctly, but is clumsy to have to check that route and it doesn't add it to the total mileage on the main TB page.

I'm glad it's not just us.

Since finding our 500th cache, we've carried a personal TB with us to record how far we travel. The mileage worked well until a recent trip to Spain. Since returning to England the mileage has locked, although the map keeps up to date.

When it sorts itself out, will we then get an up-to-date mileage at the last cache where it was placed?

Is this a problem just with dipping, or a general problem?

Appears to be a general problem. I have 3 geocoins moved from 1 cache to another and no mileage update.

Will this resolve when another cacher retrieves the TB?

In the past this has worked but appears it isn't this time.

One of the 7 dropped by Max B was one of my coins and as of this morning the mileage still hasn't updated. I hope it does soon, that one will be my farthest traveled coin so far! Thanks for moving it so far Max! I'll be releasing another TB soon and it's mission will be to head your way to join one of your "tours".

Has the method for calculating TB mileage changed? It had been working just fine 2 days ago when we dropped TBs, it calculated mileage immediately. I just finished dropping 7 TBs - 30 minutes ago and still no mileage calculation. Examples are TB11nkp and TB18pyp.

Thanks for the response.

We just released our very first travel bugs this week and have been trying to recalculate the mileage since Wednesday 2/25. Tried it again just now. Nothing. :D Not a good first experience so far.

The mileage doesn't always update instantly. Give it some time before you worry, but no updates have been made anywhere on the site since the 12th.

There is an elusive mileage bug that has plagued me for years, but it's too soon to tell if this is the case here.

This is the last anyone at Groundspeak had to say.....

I'm thinking the elusive mileage bug is back.

I'm thinking the elusive mileage bug is back.

Perhaps we should all quit logging and keep a manual log. :D

I guess I should have read this string before posting my question. I am having the same problem. Milfordlake

Thanks for the response.

I just got a personal TB that I want to follow me from cache to cache. I've slowly been having it go to old caches I've visited and have alos found the mileage to no be updating.

Looking through the TB's log, the entries for Feb 26 and later no longer have miles from the previous cache. But thoose before do. So I'm guessing that the calculation is correct for the miles noted and everything else is 0.

The TB reference number is TB2PDHD. Hope this helps fix the problem.

Just a FYI...

....it appears to have started at 8:47am EST on Wed., Feb 25. I have 2 entrants in my PGR race that were dropped by the same cacher at the same time in the same cache and 1 the mileage updated and the other still has not. Neither has been picked up or had a note posted since the above time. The 1 that updated, the notification e-mail was first in my Inbox.

Hope this helps :)

It's very disappointing that gc.com customers seem to get no feedback on issues such as this. Even a 'we are investigating' let's us know that someone's doing something; followed by a periodic update.

Especially for an issue that has occurred in the past and how now arisen again. But, PQ issues seem to surface every third week and we never hear from Groundspeak on the matter and then things magically start working again. Well, it's not magic, people are working on it. Just let us know that you're aware of the problem and working on it. It's not too much to ask.

Bruce

Edited by Bassanio

We have been experiencing some issues with travel bug mileage not calculating correctly. The development team is aware of the problem and currently working to fix it.

If you are the owner, you can try clicking on the drop down menu in the upper right hand corner and selecting “recalculate distance.” This does not always work, but it is something to try for the time being.

Thank you for your patience!

Thank you, Michael! Your response is very much appreciated.

I did try the recalculate distance method, but only once per bug...I figured if it didn't work the first time, it wasn't going to work, so I'll try that periodically until this is resolved. Again, thanks for the update.

Bruce

Just found out about this thread. I'd been wondering what the problem was for some time (noticed that milage wasn't updating with travel item drop off entires for several weeks now).

Glad to hear that Groundspeak is already on top of it and working hard to solve the problem. :(

Thanks Guys! :)

I'm one of the officials in the GETGC's first travel bug race. I've been the one updating the miles and logs. I have been doing my updates on Sunday for everyone to see on Monday. I had noticed last week that the miles did not update and just figured GS's computer was getting slow, but now i know it is wide spread.

I'm one of the officials in the GETGC's first travel bug race. I've been the one updating the miles and logs.

I do the same for the Premier Geocoin Race. If all your race entrants have a map generated you can go to that and use a calculater and figure the mileage that way. It is a lot more work that way though :)