Newbie logging jillions of virtuals

2 for the road

Seems fishy. Someone new today named The-Sledge is back logging oooogles of virtuals as we speak. Seems to be going alphabetical by state beginning with Alaska and now into Arizona. :D

This one is getting noticed in local forums as well. However we have no ability to stop them.

I am deleting all logs from them on caches I own however because they are simply logging 'EMail Sent' when the caches require photos.

They have racked up a few states and over 30 caches since they logged mine only 30 minutes ago.

http://www.geocaching.com/profile/default....21-fe144716fde1

Seems fishy. Someone new today named The-Sledge is back logging oooogles of virtuals as we speak. Seems to be going alphabetical by state beginning with Alaska and now into Arizona. :D

This one is getting noticed in local forums as well. However we have no ability to stop them.

I am deleting all logs from them on caches I own however because they are simply logging 'EMail Sent' when the caches require photos.

They have racked up a few states and over 30 caches since they logged mine only 30 minutes ago.

http://www.geocaching.com/profile/default....21-fe144716fde1

YUMA ALSO.......

The-Sledge found ~OCEAN TO OCEAN~ (Virtual Cache) at 12/31/2007

Log Date: 12/31/2007

TFTC. Email sent.

Will Delete...........

The last time I checked you can't be in Alaska, Conneticut, Iowa, and Arizona in one day!

Dang! I finally thought I had found evidence of time travel. Imagine the number of caches you could find if time and space were no barrier.

lqtm (laughing quietly to myself)

Edited by YeOleImposter

I really do not know what satisfaction a person derives from lying about a geocache find. I was recently confronted about logging to local caches. One I did not sign log because of muggles looking at(did not want to compromise geocache), the second was temporarily disable, but owner told me it was there, so I went for it. I was told it was not a valid find even though I found the log that was a wad of wet paper. I am staying away from caches placed by this cacher at least until my anger subsides.

I agree with you! Why are those cache owner's not deleting them? Maybe it doesn't bother them. Which is cool...to each his own.

B) Man o man...did I get my butt chewed a bit for posting a warning in each region about The-Sledge. I thought since he is logging phoney finds in all states meaning all regions why not help out cachers in that area and alert them. Right? I figured not all cachers cruise all forums thinking maybe just their regional forums so I thought I would help out. Some moderators got all pissy about it, telling me I violated some forum posting rules. NOTE TO SELF...don't help out ever again! Got it! :D

We have the same problem here in central illinois...There is a virtual called doc wrights place and it appears that the europeans love this cache..Its always funny how people can find that cache along with others in different states all in the same day..Such a shame...Plus the cache owner is a active cacher anymore so of course the phoney logs are still counting as a virtual found succesfully..

I'm disappointed the other 180 finds still haven't been deleted by the owners. That is a lot of lazy (or non-playing) cache owners.
I bet a lot of people that were around when virtuals were allowed have quit. I also think a lot of people wouldn't know that these logs were fake.

Technically speaking, every one of those virtuals that has allowed the logs should be archived according to the guidelines. But lets not go there. :D