Northern Territory, Australia 2009 geocoin.

gibbo003

Northern Territory, Australia 2009 geocoin.

This is our second Northern Territory geocoin and looks like it will go on pre-sale with CoinsandPins in March 2009. I have included the artwork of the almost completed coin (just a couple of text changes to be made) at this time they will come in Black Nickel finish, Polished Nickel finish (Silver) and a LE Gold version that will only be for our small group of Northern Territory cachers at this stage. It has been a lot of work to get the coin to this stage but should be worth it in the end.

NT%20Coin.jpg

I hope you all like it

Cheers gibbo003

Darwin, Northern Territory, Australia

Update on the Northern Territory 2009 coin.

Just had a email from coins and pins with the photos of our new coins. They say they look even better in real life.

Coins and Pins looks like they will be selling our Black nickel, antique silver and possibly the antique bronze on the pre-sale. The coins will go on pre-sale in April all being well.

Thanks every one for your interest in our 2009 NT coin and I will keep you all posted. Cheers gibbo003

NT%20Coin.jpg

Update on the Northern Territory 2009 coin.

Just had a email from coins and pins with the photos of our new coins. They say they look even better in real life.

Coins and Pins looks like they will be selling our Black nickel, antique silver and possibly the antique bronze on the pre-sale. The coins will go on pre-sale in April all being well.

Thanks every one for your interest in our 2009 NT coin and I will keep you all posted. Cheers gibbo003

NT%20Coin.jpg

Better in real life? :) They look great in the photos, so I am really champing at the bit to get some of these! :)

A job REALLY well done! :)

Wow! Those are spectacular!

And nice big n' bold tracking numbers too! :)

Soooo, if C&P is selling those three finishes, what other finishes will be available, and from whom??

Our group of six Northern Territory geocachers will be getting a LE Polished Gold coin minted and that may be on offer after the pre-sale. We are also looking at a LE polished copper as well.

Beautiful coin! I will keep my eye out for the presale!

Latest update on the Northern Territory 2009 coin.

We have just recieved two sample coins. LE Gold an LE Copper.

These coin finishes will not be for Pre-Sale but may be available from one of the NT Cachers after Pre-Sale has finished.

LE%20Gold_Copper%20Coin.jpg

Cheers gibbo003

Edited by gibbo003

Beautiful coin! I will keep my eye out for the presale!

Latest update on the Northern Territory 2009 coin.

We have just recieved two sample coins. LE Gold an LE Copper.

These coin finishes will not be for Pre-Sale but may be available from one of the NT Cachers after Pre-Sale has finished.

LE%20Gold_Copper%20Coin.jpg

Cheers gibbo003

Well i'm an absolute fan of geocoins from the other side of the world. And these are great geocoins, full of details and wildlife.

These go directly to my wish list :unsure:

PL

Well its been a long wait but looks like our coins will go on Pre-Sale with C&P on the 17th of April. That will be the 18th for Australia.

On pre-sale wil be:

Black Nickel

Antique Bronze

Antique Silver

NT%20Coin.jpg

Our LE ones will be a little time off but I will let you all know when we have them and look foward to some trades

Do you have a larger picture of the Black Nickel, these are really beautiful.

Australia-nt-2009-blk-600.jpg

This is the best I can do. The coin looks much better than the photo.

Thanks for posting that. Now if you get some time, can you post the meaning behind the coin and some of the symbols, please :D I just want to know cause I'm curious.

Do you have a larger picture of the Black Nickel, these are really beautiful.

Australia-nt-2009-blk-600.jpg

This is the best I can do. The coin looks much better than the photo.

Thanks for posting that. Now if you get some time, can you post the meaning behind the coin and some of the symbols, please :D I just want to know cause I'm curious.

The inspiration for this coin is the National and Territory Parks in the Top End of Australia. These impressive parks with their diverse flora, fauna, spectacular landscapes and the Aboriginal people of this land. The coin features some of the aboriginal names of these parks the Salt Water Crocodile (Crocodylus porosus) and the Australian Jabiru (Ephippiorhynchus asiaticus), Australians only stork.

Many people from all over the world travel to the Northern Territory each year. One of the attractions they come for are our Territory and National parks which are renowned for their wildlife and nature. The four parks noted on the coin are in the “Top End” of the Northern Territory, Australia. Each park is special in its own right.

Kakadu National Park

Kakadu is a world heritage listed park and has a large number of rock art sites. The park includes wetlands and billabongs which are home to fresh and salt water crocodiles. The park is also home to an abundance of native bird and wild life including the jabiru.

Litchfield National Park

This park features numerous waterfalls which cascade from a sandstone plateau called the Tabletop Range and magnetic termite mounds.

Nitmiluk National Park

The spectacular Katherine Gorge is in Nitmiluk National Park. There are13 gorges in the park. The National Park is rich in Aboriginal art, with rock paintings representing the spiritual 'dreaming' of the Jawoyn people, the traditional owners of the land. More than 100 kilometres of walking tracks meander through the National Park including a five-day trek to Edith falls.

Tjuwaliyn State Park

It encompasses many unique ecosystems, including Douglas hot springs and spectacular gorges, making it a fantastic spot to camp and bushwalk.

Black-necked Stork/Jabiru

Ephippiorhynchus asiaticus

The Black-necked Stork, or Jabiru, is the only stork found in Australia. Standing at a height of 129 - 137 cm, with black and white body plumage, glossy dark green and purple neck and massive black bill, it is easily distinguished from all other Australian birds. The legs are long and coral-red in colour. The female is distinguished by its yellow eye. Immature birds resemble adults, but the black plumage is replaced by brown and the white plumage is duskier.

Saltwater Crocodile

Saltwater or estuarine crocodile (Crocodylus porosus) is the largest of all living crocodilians and reptiles. It is found in suitable habitat throughout Southeast Asia, Northern Australia, and the surrounding waters. Saltwater crocodiles are known in the Northern Territory of Australia as "salties". The Alligator Rivers are misnamed after the resemblance of the "saltie" to alligators as compared to freshwater crocodiles, which also inhabit the Northern Territory.

Saltwater Crocodile

Saltwater or estuarine crocodile (Crocodylus porosus) is the largest of all living crocodilians and reptiles. It is found in suitable habitat throughout Southeast Asia, Northern Australia, and the surrounding waters. Saltwater crocodiles are known in the Northern Territory of Australia as "salties". The Alligator Rivers are misnamed after the resemblance of the "saltie" to alligators as compared to freshwater crocodiles, which also inhabit the Northern Territory.

While up there in 2007, I had to forego a cache hunt due to a local asking me not to go there.... one big saltie in residence...

Deciding a smilie on a cache page was not worth the smilie on the saltie!

Great coins, great place to cache - NT from Alice to Darwin (beware the nano wars!) and the tropic of capricorn was a memorable cache.

Wonderful sunsets in Dawin harbour.

Great python snakes to wear.

Lots of bird ?song not at all like we have here - more a laughing cackle.

And heaps of WW2 remnants, that here in NZ we were isolated from.

(better not mention the ants in the north or flies / central)

Wonderful lizards - so colourful.

Alice area has beautiful rock formations, colours so glorious.

And if you get to ride or see the spectular Ghan, then you are really taken back in time.

Great coins, truly reflect the area.

Well its been a long wait but looks like our coins will go on Pre-Sale with C&P on the 17th of April. That will be the 18th for Australia.

On pre-sale wil be:

Black Nickel

Antique Bronze

Antique Silver

NT%20Coin.jpg

Our LE ones will be a little time off but I will let you all know when we have them and look foward to some trades

I will definitely get my order in. Thanks for keeping us updated!

gibbo, do you have a list of coins you're interested in trading for?

No I don't have a list as yet but I may be able to help you out with a NT 2008 coin. PM me and we will see what we can do.

Coming Soon – Australia Northern Territory 2009 Geocoin

Australia-nt-2009-blk-350.jpg

You can now find this coin in C&P Presale Page.

The inspiration for this coin is the National and Territory Parks located at the Top End of Australia. These are impressive parks with their diverse flora, fauna, spectacular landscapes and the Aboriginal people of this land. The coin features some of the aboriginal names of these parks, the Salt Water Crocodile (Crocodylus porosus), and Australia's only stork…the Australian Jabiru (Ephippiorhynchus asiaticus).

* Measures 1.75& diam

* Translucent and solid hard enamel colors

* Trackable on Geocaching.com

* An icon unique to this coin will show on your profile when you log a discovery

Cheers gibbo003

Coming Soon – Australia Northern Territory 2009 Geocoin

Pre-Sale should start on the 17th April USA 18th April Australia

Australia-nt-2009-blk-350.jpg

You can now find this coin in C&P Presale Page.

The inspiration for this coin is the National and Territory Parks located at the Top End of Australia. These are impressive parks with their diverse flora, fauna, spectacular landscapes and the Aboriginal people of this land. The coin features some of the aboriginal names of these parks, the Salt Water Crocodile (Crocodylus porosus), and Australia's only stork…the Australian Jabiru (Ephippiorhynchus asiaticus).

* Measures 1.75& diam

* Translucent and solid hard enamel colors

* Trackable on Geocaching.com

* An icon unique to this coin will show on your profile when you log a discovery

Cheers gibbo003

Edited by gibbo003

My coins arrived in the mail earlier this week. They are really wonderful! Definitely one of my all time favorite geocoins. I'm not sure I'll be able to give my extra away :)

Glad you like them, we are very happy with the coins as well. I hope to do some trading when we get a bit more orginised.