Earth Turtle Oceania Geocoin

tsunrisebey

Just a brief update; I placed the order for these tonight. I ordered an initial round of tracking numbers (1,000) which will have a custom prefix of TS and a custom activation code which will come with the coins. Due to the expense of minting these and Neptunes Compass, the 1st minting will be as follows:

250 Black Nickel aka New Zealand Edition (No limit on ordering)

250 Gold aka Tahiti Edition (Open Edition-meaning this edition could be reminted at a later date-No limit on ordering)

(the 2nd minting will be another 500 coins)

(all coins being named after islands/countries in what is considered 'Oceania')

Once the above versions have sold out, the metal/color combo will not be used again unless otherwise noted. I do intend to mint the other versions (shown earlier in the thread) and it is very possible depending on how well these coins sell, I may use colors again but on different metals (for example using the green translucents on nickel metal- I have not decided but this is informational only). This design will be an open design through 2009, I intend to have a special version to sell at GCF.

I anticipate these to be ready for sale some time in April but I will keep this thread updated.

EDIT: Prices will be announced at a later date as I have not received the pricing yet. I will also post the icons later which are currently being done by mauison (mahalo :))

Thanks,

tsun

Edited by tsunrisebey

very cute... i'll try to get one

on a side note :

i was looking at the '08 Earth Turtles that i have. I bought two blue and one green. The enamel on the blues don't match each other, and it's not two greens and one blue. They are three different colors. Perhaps an error? They all shipped together along with the little pin. I'll have to look for them again and post pictures of them.

OMG!!! How did I miss this thread!!! :rolleyes: Three pages later I find it! Why am I not getting notification of new threads?? This is driving me crazy!!! B)

GORGEOUS Earth Turtles, Tsun! I think these is the best yet!!! :blink:

Now I gotta go read thru three pages to make sure I don't miss any important information... :D

CF30

on a side note :

i was looking at the '08 Earth Turtles that i have. I bought two blue and one green. The enamel on the blues don't match each other, and it's not two greens and one blue. They are three different colors. Perhaps an error? They all shipped together along with the little pin. I'll have to look for them again and post pictures of them.

Same blue used :D It may just be the metal makes them look different. I looked myself and didn't really think they looked different but you can always send me a picture, you have me a bit curious.

Oceania huh? Does that mean there will be an Aussie version? B)

As a matter of fact there will :D

i want to make sure i got this straight. the two versions being made are

bn with green and

gold with green?

thanks

Yes ma'am :D

OMG!!! How did I miss this thread!!! :rolleyes: Three pages later I find it! Why am I not getting notification of new threads?? This is driving me crazy!!! B)

GORGEOUS Earth Turtles, Tsun! I think these is the best yet!!! :blink:

Now I gotta go read thru three pages to make sure I don't miss any important information... :D

CF30

I don't know how you missed it, lol :D I always mint a antique copper version because of you :D Although you won't see it until a remint.

TSun,

What will that beautiful green on copper be called. I want to make sure I order the right one when i'm battling at the checkouts, LOL!!!!!

Opalsns

No need to worry on the 1st go round' the a.copper will be in the next group ordered, so you got a bit :D. As for the name...I'm not sure yet, could be the Aussie Edition or maybe Somoa, I gotta think on it for a bit B)

Oh, I've been away from the computer a lot in the past month!

Family business...

Anyway, I get a little time today and found this!

WOW!

Not quite Maori designs as I know them in NZ, but still very stunning.

I hope the exchange rate bounces up at the right time to nab a couple!

:blink: Nope not Maori only "a touch of Maori influence".

I've been waiting for the mint to get back to me on the pricing for these coins :rolleyes: Seem to be very slow these days in getting back to me. They are probably tired of my use of too many colors, lol.

on a side note :

are the blue ones the same metal? the metal underneath will affect how the enamels on top look. the gold is definitely different looking than the silver.

rsg

I hope we will be getting a newsletter as to when we can scurry on our computers :laughing::D:o

I always send one out :P Just nothing to say for the moment.... and as far as the scurrying, 250 of both versions shouldn't sell out that quickly considering these will be a bit more spendy if they do I'd be very surprised.

since the second round will have a copper one any chance it will have the blue sample one? or have you not decided yet?

i can't wait. thanks for making these beautiful coins.

I'm glad you're excited, puts a smile on my face :laughing: The antique copper and the antique silver will be the next ones swimming to an ocean near you :) I will be changing the "blue" one just a bit but only on the baby. We're talking a couple of months before I get to those versions and even longer for smaller runs of different versions. I'll keep this thread updated, I'm pretty good about that stuff, otherwise I'd get some angry emails if I didn't :laughing:

I hope we will be getting a newsletter as to when we can scurry on our computers :laughing::D:o

I always send one out :P Just nothing to say for the moment.... and as far as the scurrying, 250 of both versions shouldn't sell out that quickly considering these will be a bit more spendy if they do I'd be very surprised.

since the second round will have a copper one any chance it will have the blue sample one? or have you not decided yet?

i can't wait. thanks for making these beautiful coins.

I'm glad you're excited, puts a smile on my face :laughing: The antique copper and the antique silver will be the next ones swimming to an ocean near you :) I will be changing the "blue" one just a bit but only on the baby. We're talking a couple of months before I get to those versions and even longer for smaller runs of different versions. I'll keep this thread updated, I'm pretty good about that stuff, otherwise I'd get some angry emails if I didn't :laughing:

glad you are spreading them out. it helps my budget too. thanks for all of your responses.

:mad::P:D see i am smiling too

Get ready to be surprised TSun, I believe these babies, (no pun intended) are going to fly, er.....swim off the shelves!!!!!!!

I put on my ruby slippers and click my heals together and repeat......

There's no turtles like these, there's no turtles like these .....

Just a brief update; I placed the order for these tonight. I ordered an initial round of tracking numbers (1,000) which will have a custom prefix of TS and a custom activation code which will come with the coins. Due to the expense of minting these and Neptunes Compass, the 1st minting will be as follows:

250 Black Nickel aka New Zealand Edition (No limit on ordering)

250 Gold aka Tahiti Edition (Open Edition-meaning this edition could be reminted at a later date-No limit on ordering)

(the 2nd minting will be another 500 coins)

(all coins being named after islands/countries in what is considered 'Oceania')

Once the above versions have sold out, the metal/color combo will not be used again unless otherwise noted. I do intend to mint the other versions (shown earlier in the thread) and it is very possible depending on how well these coins sell, I may use colors again but on different metals (for example using the green translucents on nickel metal- I have not decided but this is informational only). This design will be an open design through 2009, I intend to have a special version to sell at GCF.

I anticipate these to be ready for sale some time in April but I will keep this thread updated.

EDIT: Prices will be announced at a later date as I have not received the pricing yet. I will also post the icons later which are currently being done by mauison (mahalo :laughing:)

3/12/09 edit: PRICE: $11.75 per coin.

Weight per coin 3 ounces (appx. 2 ounces heavier than your standard 1.75" coin)

Thanks,

tsun

on a side note :

Same blue used :o It may just be the metal makes them look different. I looked myself and didn't really think they looked different but you can always send me a picture, you have me a bit curious.

nothing to see here, thread hijack alert :laughing:

Edited by ~tasia~

on a side note :

Same blue used :laughing: It may just be the metal makes them look different. I looked myself and didn't really think they looked different but you can always send me a picture, you have me a bit curious.

I only ordered the silver... no gold ones.

Took some pictures. Here is one to show the difference. I don't know which blue is supposed to be the right one for the coin.

Here are the backs of the coins :

~tasia~ I hope you don't mind but in order to avoid some mass confusion, I'm going to copy and paste the above post into the 2008 ET thread. I'll try and adress that issue there. I should have made it more clear that I meant send the pictures to me or post in the 2008 thread. I don't want this thread to turn into a discussion on colors for 2008 coins and then confusing people with 2 different ET designs. I hope you will understand.

ET 2008 thread is currently closed, so I'll have to get it reopened.

Thanks,

tsun

Edited by tsunrisebey

I thought I'd share with you the prototype of my website redesign. I've been working with a company in Bigfork, MT and it's been really fun to collaborate on this project.

The links don't connect to the store or anything else right now since it's still being built but you'll get the idea of how this is going to look. The 1st link is the home page/main site and the second link is the store prototype. I made a couple changes to it that are not shown but you get the idea.

I'm really pushing for a late March/early April launch date so I can transition into the new and improved store where things should be much easier for all invloved. I'm really excited about this :D The site will still be under the tsunrisebey.com, it will just transfer over when we're ready.

So go ahead and have a look and see what we've come up with so far.

TSUNRISEBEY NEW WEBSITE PROTOTYPE MAIN PAGE

TSUNRISEBEY NEW WEBSTORE PROTOTYPE

Edited by tsunrisebey

I thought I'd share with you the prototype of my website redesign. I've been working with a company in Bigfork, MT and it's been really fun to collaborate on this project.

The links don't connect to the store or anything else right now since it's still being built but you'll get the idea of how this is going to look. The 1st link is the home page/main site and the second link is the store prototype. I made a couple changes to it that are not shown but you get the idea.

I'm really pushing for a late March/early April launch date so I can transition into the new and improved store where things should be much easier for all invloved. I'm really excited about this :huh: The site will still be under the tsunrisebey.com, it will just transfer over when we're ready.

So go ahead and have a look and see what we've come up with so far.

TSUNRISEBEY NEW WEBSITE PROTOTYPE MAIN PAGE

TSUNRISEBEY NEW WEBSTORE PROTOTYPE

Sweeeeet looking site Steph.........

Even ordered myself some ET's...... :D:mad::huh:

Well make believe ones...... :huh:

Looks really good! I like the font at the top - looks very "artistic". And i like the black background - brings out the color of the coins/items!

Good eye, that is my actual writing :D I took my sharpie and 'penned' out my name on paper, took a picture and had them do whatever it is they do with their software programs, lol (exactly the same thing I do for my coins). I also sketched out the design for them but it looks so much nicer than my pencil drawing which had arrows and directions all over it, haha.

I thought I'd share with you the prototype of my website redesign.*big snip* So go ahead and have a look and see what we've come up with so far.

Sweeeeet looking site Steph.........

Took the words right outta my mouth! :huh: That was the first thing I thought when I looked - S w e e e e t t! :mad: Can't wait so order something from it! :D

CF30

Very Nice!! Will we be able to create "accounts" for Faster Service? :o

Depends on what you mean by faster :laughing:

These are slated to ship to me on April 3rd (the Gold and BN versions). We're still working on the new website/webstore and I don't really want to sell/package/ship on Easter weekend, so I'm leaning towards the 17th/18th for the sale. I'll post for sure when I have something a little more firm this is just a heads up for now :rolleyes:

OT: The Neptunes Compass will go on sale at the same time (my first dual coin sale)

tsun

Very Nice!! Will we be able to create "accounts" for Faster Service? :unsure:

Depends on what you mean by faster :)

These are slated to ship to me on April 3rd (the Gold and BN versions). We're still working on the new website/webstore and I don't really want to sell/package/ship on Easter weekend, so I'm leaning towards the 17th/18th for the sale. I'll post for sure when I have something a little more firm this is just a heads up for now :D

OT: The Neptunes Compass will go on sale at the same time (my first dual coin sale)

tsun

my birthday is the 18th, i would love to be able to buy one of these on my birthday...

hopefully i'll be able to get one of these!

Wow! They're precious! I sure hope I can get them for my collection. Didn't do very well in the last round either in buying or getting a trade on the Christmas ETs so hope these guys wander to my house!!!! They are so darn awesome.

Nice new webstore too, can't wait to be able to click through. I also see you will have pendants, can't WAIT! I love the ones I've been getting and wearing... trackable and non! Love geo-jewelry!

Cheers!

Sonya

Will the new web store be up & running for this sale or will we be going thru the old one? I presume you will be posting a link to the new store here and/or in a newsletter?

After Easter works well for me 'cause I work in a grocery store that will be super busy the week and weekend before Easter. No idea what my hours will be... :unsure:

CF30

Will the new web store be up & running for this sale or will we be going thru the old one? I presume you will be posting a link to the new store here and/or in a newsletter?

CF30[/b]

Well I really want to say yes, that is my goal. I'm about 99.99% sure this will be via the new site and not the old one. The website address will be the tsunrisebey.com and the old store link will automatically forward you to the all-in-one site. For those that have my sites bookmarked, you won't need to do anything as it will guide you there. I think all of us will be happy campers about the functionality and ease of the new site. However I can't promise you that there will be no more F5 action :unsure: The nice thing is I have spent alot of time with the programmer explaining what it is I needed them to accomplish for the store and (how geocoins work and the sales :P ) and I was very adamant about certain issues being addressed. One thing to keep in mind that no matter what cart system is being used there are still a limited amount of products and no cart system can magically create a coin for everyone :blink:

CF30[/b]

Well I really want to say yes, that is my goal. I'm about 99.99% sure this will be via the new site and not the old one. The website address will be the tsunrisebey.com and the old store link will automatically forward you to the all-in-one site. For those that have my sites bookmarked, you won't need to do anything as it will guide you there. I think all of us will be happy campers about the functionality and ease of the new site. However I can't promise you that there will be no more F5 action :unsure: The nice thing is I have spent alot of time with the programmer explaining what it is I needed them to accomplish for the store and (how geocoins work and the sales :) ) and I was very adamant about certain issues being addressed. One thing to keep in mind that no matter what cart system is being used there are still a limited amount of products and no cart system can magically create a coin for everyone :P

I would be very happy to volunteer myself to beta test drive your new store and give you feedback about my purchases there! :):blink::)

Very Nice!! Will we be able to create "accounts" for Faster Service? :lol:

Depends on what you mean by faster :wub:

These are slated to ship to me on April 3rd (the Gold and BN versions). We're still working on the new website/webstore and I don't really want to sell/package/ship on Easter weekend, so I'm leaning towards the 17th/18th for the sale. I'll post for sure when I have something a little more firm this is just a heads up for now :wub:

tsun

I'll have to wait..... darn...

CF30[/b]

Well I really want to say yes, that is my goal. I'm about 99.99% sure this will be via the new site and not the old one. The website address will be the tsunrisebey.com and the old store link will automatically forward you to the all-in-one site. For those that have my sites bookmarked, you won't need to do anything as it will guide you there. I think all of us will be happy campers about the functionality and ease of the new site. However I can't promise you that there will be no more F5 action :lol: The nice thing is I have spent alot of time with the programmer explaining what it is I needed them to accomplish for the store and (how geocoins work and the sales :wub: ) and I was very adamant about certain issues being addressed. One thing to keep in mind that no matter what cart system is being used there are still a limited amount of products and no cart system can magically create a coin for everyone :wub:

Ya know, I can't say there are too many folks out there in the world who take this kind of time & effort to keep their customers happy and in the loop. You always go above & beyond Steph and you do it in a matter of fact straight forward way. We always know where we stand with you and we know that no matter what you offer to us, it comes from your heart & soul. YOU are one of the rare great ones.

CF30[/b]

Well I really want to say yes, that is my goal. I'm about 99.99% sure this will be via the new site and not the old one. The website address will be the tsunrisebey.com and the old store link will automatically forward you to the all-in-one site. For those that have my sites bookmarked, you won't need to do anything as it will guide you there. I think all of us will be happy campers about the functionality and ease of the new site. However I can't promise you that there will be no more F5 action :lol: The nice thing is I have spent alot of time with the programmer explaining what it is I needed them to accomplish for the store and (how geocoins work and the sales :wub: ) and I was very adamant about certain issues being addressed. One thing to keep in mind that no matter what cart system is being used there are still a limited amount of products and no cart system can magically create a coin for everyone :wub:

Ya know, I can't say there are too many folks out there in the world who take this kind of time & effort to keep their customers happy and in the loop. You always go above & beyond Steph and you do it in a matter of fact straight forward way. We always know where we stand with you and we know that no matter what you offer to us, it comes from your heart & soul. YOU are one of the rare great ones.

I second that emotion!!!!! (even if you really are a wench :) )

CF30[/b]

Agreed :laughing: Thank you for all the effort you put in. You really go above and beyond trying to make everyone happy :)

Just checking in. I surely don't want to miss your new turtles. The more I look at (and collect) your Earth turtles, the more I love them. I have decided that your turtles are going to be the centerpiece of my coin collection! I'm excited! Thanks for the joy!

Don't worry about missing the sale, I'm pretty good about updating the thread about this stuff. I'll be working on a newsletter here soon to update everyone. The ET's will be here Monday (April 6th). I've been in touch with my website programmer and I've let them know I want to have the store up and running weekend after Easter for the sale and looks like we should be able to accomplish that :anicute:

Thanks for the nice compliments everyone :rolleyes:

Chickahominy-- have fun collecting the ET's! Next round there will be some very colorful versions but those will probably be a couple months from now, gotta get through this minting first. I honestly believe that anyone who orders these or is a fan of the ET series is going to be very happy at how these turned out. That gold version is my favorite so far, it's the one that truly highlights all the texture/design underneath. I'll be turning a couple of them into pendants and keychains for myself :laughing:

Thank you for the update Tsun. Your turtles definitely ARE beautiful enough to be worn as jewelry. I had thought of that already! I met a fellow cacher this weekend who had drilled a hole into the purple baby and had it hanging on his walking stick by a knotted leather thread. He instantly became my hero!

I'm going to look at the photos once more.....

Today is April 6th! Can't wait for Tsun's post that the ET's have arrived!

You jinxed it :D No coins today due to the 2nd weather delay. I'm not sure what weather delay they are talking about unless they mean this 57 degree temp. caused our UPS drivers to forget how to drive on dry roads and low stock of sunglasses. :P Looks like tomorrow.

Edited by tsunrisebey