Earth Turtle Oceania Geocoin

tsunrisebey

trade desired:

your arctic and/or Caribbian Neptune's Compass

for my Muddy Waters or Aquarium Neptunes Compass

please email pastorB at mahaska dot org

:laughing::)

Please use the trading thread for these kinds of requests, and not an unrelated thread. You'll get more replies if you do this. Otherwise, use the private message/email functions provided for you by this website.

Gillianms gifted me with a Bora Bora turtle and it is beautiful! It's my first tsun coin (even though I've loved most of the coins tsun has produced, they are a bit difficult to acquire :)) and I love it!

It's incredible that given how gorgeous the photos were that these can look better in person, but there you go!

I also got to see Gillian's cache hopper and they're so wee and adorable! I love it. :laughing:

Thanks Gillian! :grin: And thanks tsun for gorgeous coins!

Gillianms gifted me with a Bora Bora turtle and it is beautiful! It's my first tsun coin (even though I've loved most of the coins tsun has produced, they are a bit difficult to acquire :laughing:) and I love it!

It's incredible that given how gorgeous the photos were that these can look better in person, but there you go!

I also got to see Gillian's cache hopper and they're so wee and adorable! I love it. :D

Thanks Gillian! :D And thanks tsun for gorgeous coins!

Glad to see you got a tsun coin, every collection needs at least one :) I know that buying my coins can be frustrating at times but look at it this way (I didn't see it this way until I was forced to trade for coins); trading gives you the opportunity to meet other coiners and make new friends. It's a great way to mesh with the coin community. I used to just buy all the time but when I started missing out on some stuff, I had to become a joiner :grin: now I trade most of the time. A little buying, a little trading, it's all good :D

edit to add: gifting is awesome too :D

Edited by tsunrisebey

Oh, I trade quite frequently! :laughing: Tsun coins just tend to be traded for other tsun coins at the moment.

Which is totally fine and good and that wasn't a complaint at all! Mostly I just found it funny, but I have a strange sense of humor. :grin:

In the mean time I am going to go pet my preciou...er look at my bora bora turtle. :)

Also tsun, fear not, I shall track you down at GCF and stand in however long the line is! I am not frustrated or concerned. :D

My Earth Turtles and Cache Hoppers arrived today. My favorite is the Bora Bora - the copper metal and the colors go together so well. Thanks tsun for the great additions to my collection.

I still have one of the Maui turtles left for trade if anyone is interested.

UPDATE: Trade Made.

Edited by 2golfers
My Turtles arrived today too and I just about fell out of my chair when I opened it!!!

Thank you, thank you THANK YOU Tsun!!! You know why!!! :( I LOVE them!! They are absolutely gorgeous and I will treasure them forever!!! :) I have no idea what I've done to deserve such a wonderful gift!!! :lol: Thank you!!! :D

CF30

Exactly what I wanted to say but have been so awed and speechless I couldn't. Thank you from the bottom of my heart Tsun. You are one special lady!

All packages are done and the remaining will be dropped off saturday morning. It took me just a bit longer than I had hoped.

If anyone is interested; on my blog and the very first post there is a subject called The Bucket List that I've slowly been working on in 2009. I have a coin up on ebay that will benefit this project which pays for the adoption fees for cats and dogs at the Lewis and Clark Humane Society.

Chuck and Wanna were the first to win an auction that went towards this project. The funds went towards the adoption fee for a dog named Buddy who was adopted a couple months later :)

Thanks for checking out the auction :D tsun

The Bucket List Ebay Auction

(There is also a Anasazi Geocoin Spirit Dweller up for auction)

There's about an hour left. I have decided to throw in a little surprise extra (coin) to the winner of the auction.

I am also going to match the donation by paying the adoption fee ($120.00) for this dog named Taffy. She's an Australian Shepherd X. If I thought I could take on another dog right now, I'd go get her myself.

http://www.montanapets.org/lchs/pictures/09-1183.html (this picture just about makes me want to cry)

Let's go Bucket List Project!

Thanks!

tsun :P

Edited by tsunrisebey

All packages are done and the remaining will be dropped off saturday morning. It took me just a bit longer than I had hoped.

If anyone is interested; on my blog and the very first post there is a subject called The Bucket List that I've slowly been working on in 2009. I have a coin up on ebay that will benefit this project which pays for the adoption fees for cats and dogs at the Lewis and Clark Humane Society.

Chuck and Wanna were the first to win an auction that went towards this project. The funds went towards the adoption fee for a dog named Buddy who was adopted a couple months later :)

There's about an hour left. I have decided to throw in a little surprise extra (coin) to the winner of the auction.

I am also going to match the donation by paying the adoption fee ($120.00) for this dog named Taffy. She's an Australian Shepherd X. If I thought I could take on another dog right now, I'd go get her myself.

http://www.montanapets.org/lchs/pictures/09-1183.html (this picture just about makes me want to cry)

Thanks!

Oh she is so cute and lovable looking! Now you have me looking at the shelters here again......

Thanks!

so this is what the adoption fee is at this shelter? or is it where the bid is now plus $120

Edited by BVnLJ

Thanks!

Aww, she's beautiful!

Thanks!

so this is what the adoption fee is at this shelter? or is it where the bid is now plus $120

The adoption fee for dogs is $120 I will pay that no matter what the final bid on the ET is.

Congrats on your successful project, Tsun !

It's funny because this morning there was a show where they had "Animal Airlift" Folks , rescueing dogs and cats and Airlifting them to their new homes. I thought of you TSun and now too see Avroair's smile, it popped in my head again.

Great Job!!!!!!!

:blink:

You're so special, thanks! Thanks to everyone who helped make the Bucket List auction a success :( 2 dogs will hopefully find their forever homes very soon!

I know that there are many thoughts/ideas about geocoins and they are varied as to what people think they should be about and not be about. I've secretly sold my versions to raise funds for the Lewis and Clark Humane Society but have recently decided it's more important to let people in on my love for animals and help me raise funds to get shelter animals new forever homes. In my opinion, I think geocoins can be a great tool in raising awareness and doing positive in the world.

Anyone who reads my blog or is a buddy on my Facebook pages, knows how much my animals mean to me. My dogs are my caching buddies, they're the ones seen in the videos and pictures on our caching adventures :( My cats are pretty old and all of them came from the shelter but I love them even though they are cranky, old cooters (3 of them).

So, the latest Bucket List project via ebay was won by avroair :( (thank you!) I tried to prod Mark into picking some animals but he pretty much let me do it. So here is the scoop :shocked: and Mark doesn't know about this until he actually reads this.

For those of you who didn't know, Mark had a cat named Sebastian. Before his daughter Jillian came along, Sebastian was pretty much one of his babies :( I know he loved that cat because he would often talk about him. When Sebastian died, he was pretty tore up about it. Here is a little blurb Mark wrote about his cat and a picture of Sebastian.

"Our cat Sebastian, he loved to sit in baskets, stand on things, anything you were working on, he would get into. He was a flat-faced exotic longhair cat (similar to Persian), his face was so flat he had a snaggle tooth. Sadly, Sebastian died at 8 years old on Leap Year Day, Feb 29th. I thought this was a cute photo of him, so I am sharing it. We still have his twin sister Anastasia (Nicknamed Nanus)."

sebastianavroair.jpg

So I called the L&C Humane Society today and spoke to Gina about paying adoption fees. One of the cats I chose had already been adopted so that was good news! I chose Solstice because she has been at the shelter since 2008 (the longest of all the cats) and we know what happens to those critters after a certain amount of time goes by. The other cat Gina told me about, she said Petey was the fattest cat there and is and is so lovable, so I picked him (he's a cutie!). I had mentioned that I would match the donation and pay the fee for a dog. I had wanted to pay for a dog called Taffy (posted earlier) but as luck would have it, she was actually featured in the paper the very next morning I had said I was going to do it. She was adopted! So, Gina mentioned Barkley as having been the dog who has been there the longest, so he's being sponsored instead ;) In addition, the remaining funds will be buying 'Kongs' which are rubber toys that you can stuff treats and food in. Gina mentioned they were in need of those.

Please check out the links below to see the critters :( Thank you to everyone who bid because even if you didn'twin, it means you cared enough to try! Even if you didn't bid but you checked in, I still view that as caring! Now keep your fingers crossed that Petey, Solstice and Barkley can find forever homes!

Thanks again Mark and dedicated to the memory of Sebastian and my Cowboy :)

Petey (cat)

http://www.montanapets.org/lchs/pictures/09-0002.html

Solstice (cat)

http://www.montanapets.org/lchs/pictures/08-1059.html

Barkley (dog)

http://www.montanapets.org/lchs/pictures/09-0458.html

Kita (my avatar, although the pirate gear is photoshopped in, not a regular thing :blink:) is my adopted baby (wells he turns 10 next month, not so much a baby anymore :shocked:), as is Obi our rabbit. What you're doing is something very close to my heart and I'm really touched that you're doing this tsun.

Thank you for sharing it with us! I wish I could adopt them all!

Funny how Petey is the fattest cat around . . .

;)

Just a little follow up on Petey; he is being featured in our local paper today. Hopefully someone will come in and adopt him. Here's a link to the article and newer pic. I'm also posting a link to You Tube of Petey (he iskindof a big cat, lol but he's cute;) )

http://www.helenair.com/news/local/article...1cc4c03286.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VelGGzEuCLQ

After winning another of these beauties in the math trade, I THINK I would like to know which editions there are... (I know my wallet doesn't want to know, but I've got a double vote. :))

Post 810 (http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=215334&view=findpost&p=4046348) has some info, but only about the second minting. Does anyone have the rest?

Hi Marie,

I know two other versions:

-Earth turtle New Zealand Oceania BN made 200

-Earth turtle Tahiti Gold made 200

After winning another of these beauties in the math trade, I THINK I would like to know which editions there are... (I know my wallet doesn't want to know, but I've got a double vote. :))

Post 810 (http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=215334&view=findpost&p=4046348) has some info, but only about the second minting. Does anyone have the rest?

Hi Marie,

I know two other versions:

-Earth turtle New Zealand Oceania BN made 200

-Earth turtle Tahiti Gold made 200

If you are a facebook person "Tsunrisebey Designs" has a photo gallery that shows 5 editions?