Earth Turtle Oceania Geocoin

tsunrisebey

So frustrated. The connectivity here in Misawa is so bad that it takes a minute and a half to load a page. Plus, the Navy disables everything so clicking on the "add to cart" button does nothing for me (at home, the connectivity issue renders the Javascript issue totally moot). All I can do is watch the counter on the coin go down until there's nothing left.

No coins for me. Bright side: that's one of each extra for someone else.

I'm afraid I'm going to have to give up on Tsun's sales entirely until I'm back in the states or in Yokosuka. I'm ALWAYS disappointed when I try to buy, and it's not Tsun's fault; rather, it's the fault of my network.

If anyone has any extras, I'd be very happy to buy one of each from you.

If there was a coin in my cart, and I get the internal server error, does anybody know if it will still be there when (if) I can get back into the store?

I hope so!

Stuff still seems to be in my cart, and I've been through several server errors refreshing the page.

Here's hoping they stick around long enough for me to be able to complete checkout!

I had coins in my cart and it crashed for a few but when it came up there they were in my cart!! AND in my hurry just before the slowdown (I won't say crashed) I hit the add to cart again for the fuji and it ended up adding another one. Because there was a limit of one I had to take a few moments to delete it and another slowdown. BUT they all stayed in my cart!! A few slowdowns but overall it WORKED!!!

Poo - hit the place order button and then got the internal error screen. Not sure if my order went through or not.. :blink:

That happened to me and I just refreshed and waited a moment and the stuff was still in my cart. Then I had a slowdown when in checkout but again it came back and I finished the process.

Interesting experience. Select an item.... CRASH. Re-load page from History, item is in cart. Select another item.... CRASH. It took 15 minutes to refresh 5 pages but at least the selection went through and items in the cart went on to checkout. I'd hate to see how anyone did on dial-up.... is dial-up still being used?

Curious that golds and silvers were the first to go.

Edited by Droo

Interesting experience. Select an item.... CRASH. Re-load page from History, item is in cart. Select another item.... CRASH. It took 15 minutes to refresh 5 pages but at least the selection went through and items in the cart went on to checkout.

Curious that golds and silvers were the first to go.

There were less minted of the gold and silvers....

With all kinds of errors and refreshes, I finally made it through to the payment step only to have 3 different types of turtles stripped out of my cart due to "out of stock". I am glad I was able to get 2 of them (Maui and Bora Bora) - 2 of each - so I'm hopeful I can trade one for the Tahiti version once the dust settles.

Well, I was able to complete checkout...

I had 5 in my cart, but when I tried to check out with the Tahiti and Fiji they were "out of stock" even though I had them in my cart as soon as they were up, and they didn't say out of stock when I added them.

I think I remember a tsun post that once they were in the cart, they were "safe" so I wanted to mention it. I'm not minding though....I'm happy to have gotten the Bora and Maui versions (they were my faves!)

Hrm, I was under the (mistaken?) impression that once it was in the cart, there was no hurry to check out.

However, as I grabbed the golden poison dart frog (the last thing I was waiting for) my cart started updating telling me things in it were gone.

In the end, everything sold out before I made it through the checkout process, even though they were in my cart.

I know it's not your fault at all tsun, I'm just curious as to what happened and whether I misunderstood the way the cart worked. I believed you wanted this kind of cart just so that type of thing wouldn't happen?

Thanks for the beautiful designs, and I'm luckier than most in that I will see you at GCF, so I am going to not get frustrated. :blink:

I know it wasn't perfect today, so looks like maybe some smaller kinks to work out. It actually held up quite well for the number of people logged on because it would have crashed much earlier. So while I'm not 100% satisfied, I am reasonably happier that they managed to keep getting it back online for everyone to get in and grab a little something.

Once I hear back on errors for the site, I'll give a little update and it appears everything is gone from the store, so I guess I need to start packing huh?

Thanks for being patient and your support :blink:

tsun

I had items in my cart and waiting for the last items to be loaded and then the items I had in my cart came up with the message 'OUT OF STOCK'.... Guess I will just cancel my order completely and live vicariously through those of you who actually got to the checkout with the items still in your cart.... I had thought that once an item was in your cart that it was taken out of inventory....

I had three coins in my cart but was unable to get past the billing information page at check out. Now I'm back in looking at my shopping cart and two of the three coins have been marked 'out of stock'. I thought this was supposed to be a live inventory deduction?!? I hope it's an easy fix on the problems - I would hate to miss out on the coins after all this waiting and anticipation!

Well... I got my order through but I found out the hard way that just because an item is in my cart doesn't mean someone else can't buy it. I had all items except the Golden Hopper in my cart and was waiting for that one to be loaded. Once it was loaded I tried to checkout and got notice that the gold and silver ET's and the golden and blue Hoppers were sold out. :blink: Oh well, at least I got some of the coins and the system worked better which I'm sure was a relief for tsun!

Thanks for the excitement and great coins again Steph!

Hrm, I was under the (mistaken?) impression that once it was in the cart, there was no hurry to check out.

However, as I grabbed the golden poison dart frog (the last thing I was waiting for) my cart started updating telling me things in it were gone.

In the end, everything sold out before I made it through the checkout process, even though they were in my cart.

I know it's not your fault at all tsun, I'm just curious as to what happened and whether I misunderstood the way the cart worked. I believed you wanted this kind of cart just so that type of thing wouldn't happen?

Thanks for the beautiful designs, and I'm luckier than most in that I will see you at GCF, so I am going to not get frustrated. :)

Same thing here.... Had a Bora Bora in my cart and then added a Maui when I went to check out said out of stock :blink: