Earth Turtle Oceania Geocoin

tsunrisebey

I think about 10 minutes after 5 I heard a loud scream and a the sound of a computer monitor being bashed in. I think it's a new record for the sound to make it from Montana to Indiana.

I work with computers every day. They are frustrating enough when you are in front of them trying to get them to behave. But when relying on someone else, it can be right down infuriating.

Heh. I hope that her fury has not taken actual form and turned the ISP into a smoking hole in the ground. That would slow things down even further. ; )

Odd that the forums are a little flakey too...

They have been intermittent for me all afternoon and so I wondered if it was just me not getting into the site...

Just an FYI

tonight we'll be moving the remaining network infrastructure to our new location in the datacenter. During this move, all Groundspeak servers and services will be offline.

This work has to be coordinated with datacenter network engineers and the latest I am able to schedule this work is for 6 PM Pacific Time (GMT -7). All services should be restored in under an hour.

Thanks,

Elias

Oh well I guess it wasn't meant to be tonight...it's almost 2 a.m. now and I' off to bed - again.

Have a great evening and / or good night everyone!

Tsun, I am so sorry that it does that to you again :unsure: . Thank you very much for the hard work!

Keep your chin up.

Greetings from Germany

Odd that the forums are a little flakey too...

They have been intermittent for me all afternoon and so I wondered if it was just me not getting into the site...

Just an FYI

tonight we'll be moving the remaining network infrastructure to our new location in the datacenter. During this move, all Groundspeak servers and services will be offline.

This work has to be coordinated with datacenter network engineers and the latest I am able to schedule this work is for 6 PM Pacific Time (GMT -7). All services should be restored in under an hour.

Thanks,

Elias

Oh well it looks like in a bit we won't even be able to talk to each other in here!!

Here's what firefox is telling me. My response is well duh.....

Network Timeout

The server at www.tsunrisebey.com is taking too long to respond.

The requested site did not respond to a connection request and the browser has stopped waiting for a reply.

* Could the server be experiencing high demand or a temporary outage? Try again later.

My poor hubby. Last night I sat him down at the computer and instructed him on how to purchase the coins for me (as I had to work late). I get home and he's in a panic - saying he's tried and tried - even from 2 computers and couldn't get the coins for me!

He was totally relieved to discover it wasn't HIS fault! :(

But as bad as I felt for him...I feel even worse for Steph now. I think she's gonna need something a might stronger than nutella for this one. :unsure:

Why get we no statement from Tsun. Can we order the coins per e-mail.

I would bet she's been on the phone all this time. She is VERY good at keeping everyone informed. She hasn't said anything about email orders so I would hold off on that for a bit until she says that is the way she is going to handle the sale. she is probably getting a LOT of emails right now which would add more toher stress level.

As I mentioned in yesterday's maintenance notice, tonight we'll be moving the remaining network infrastructure to our new location in the datacenter. During this move, all Groundspeak servers and services will be offline.

Thanks,

:unsure: Elias

Just repeating this so no one freaks out when they can't get in here either!

Wow where to start. First and foremost, I’m very sorry that this keeps happening. No one is more upset than I am and I feel terrible that you all arrange your schedule or get up at horrible times just to buy coins all to have the site crash.

I’m starting to feel like that movie Groundhog Day. Today was not going well for me to start with and then this happened. There are times when you know yourself well enough that it is best to just take a deep breath, keep yourself calm and just keep to yourself for a bit and coming on the threads wasn’t going to be a good idea because I didn’t have anything I could tell you that you already didn’t know; the site isn’t working.

I called my Project Manager at 5:15 pm and she was just leaving and she ran back inside and got on the telephone with 3 different people scattered from Montana to Utah to figure out what the heck was going on. I can tell you she was upset too because they are very proud of the site and excited for the launch. I decided to just wait until she called me back to see what the host server people had to say about all this.

So here is what we’ve been able to gather so far. I’d like to reiterate that the server itself did not crash, my site is hosted on a P5 server which is the latest thing out. However, I am using a new cart system called Magento. It’s suppose to be the cats meow in carts and they’ve had a lot of excellent feedback. Now here’s where things get interesting or scary depending on how you look at the situation. The host server admin/tech guy thinks that the problem is inherent to the Magento cart system which is interconnected with my site. He believes that Magento can not handle the load (all the customers logged onto the cart system) and it is causing Magento to crash which in turn “breaks” my site. The second problem is the host admin can’t get back onto the site to check the errors because there are too many people “F5ing” on the site trying to load which keeps the site “crashed”. Until the majority of customers log off, they have to reboot the whole server to reboot my site and Magento. They got the site back up once but there was still so many people logged on it overloaded Magento again and cause a major error to be “thrown” which in turn crashed my site and everyone else’s site on the server. So in reality it’s all your fault  Sooooooooo, they have been waiting for people to leave the site so they can go in through the “back door” and read the errors and try to see where the flaw is with Magento. Magento cart is a huge memory hog and as far as they know hasn’t been tested on the level of so many customers being logged on at one time.

So what does this all mean? Well, we decided that I now need to be on my own dedicated server so that if there are any other issues, my site does not effect everyone else being hosted. This will also allow them to read errors specific to my site and they will immediately know how to address them. Unfortunately there is no quick fix and it’s going to be a few days before they figure out how to handle this issue. So right now things are up in the air on what the next step will be. The site will still be up in the meantime but I won’t be able to hold a sale on the site until the cart issue is resolved. Never in my wildest dreams did I imagine (nor did they) expect this to happen since it hasn’t before. I actually got a laugh out of a comment the host admin said to my project manager, he asked isn’t there a way to not have so many people buying at the same time? Can’t she just sell to a few people at a time? Then she had to explain to him about this whole geocoin craze and how crazy you are all 

So let’s talk coin sales. I hate to have to do it this way but I’m going to have to do this the old fashioned way. I’ll have to invoice your orders, much like I have done when I take reservations. On order to not drive myself to an early grave, I’m going to sell the Earth Turtles in one sale and then sell the Neptunes Compass coins in a separate sale. I will post the google page link here in the thread with all the information and an email link of where to send your order. It will be first come, first served. I need to take a breather here and I’ll post the information tomorrow of when the sale will be.

Again, I’m very sorry that this has become such a pain in the hiney. I’ve been so excited about getting a new website and new cart system to make things easier fro all of us but it appears we’ve just hit some road blocks. Not the end of the world by any means and I’ll just have to wait longer until this cart issue can be fixed 

Thanks for being understanding and patient, I know it’s not easy and it’s frustrating for a number of people but it will all work out soon until then we just go to Plan B

tsun

Oh my... well, you have a lot to be proud of Missy, and those people have a lot to learn about how popular you and our coins are! I am so sorry that this has been so problematic... but it has been a learning lesson, hasn't it? Hopefully, once you get your site all worked out, it will be state of the art and top of the line! Thanks for the update.

Oh my... well, you have a lot to be proud of Missy, and those people have a lot to learn about how popular you and our coins are! I am so sorry that this has been so problematic... but it has been a learning lesson, hasn't it? Hopefully, once you get your site all worked out, it will be state of the art and top of the line! Thanks for the update.

What she said!!!!

I admit it was all my fault but I did tell Fairyhoney to get everyone else off the site so I could buy her some coins! :unsure:

Many hugzzzzz I'd lend a hand if I could......

Take that cleansing breath and go take care of Dakota.

What she said!!!!

I admit it was all my fault but I did tell Fairyhoney to get everyone else off the site so I could buy her some coins! :unsure:

Many hugzzzzz I'd lend a hand if I could......

Take that cleansing breath and go take care of Dakota.

. . . and Tristen :(

lol! It wasn't ME f5ing as I forgot about it until about 7:31am when I got a panicky email from AlliedOz saying the site was not working again.

I also tried to post a sale idea in the forums before your post Steph but gc.com was acting funny too.

I was thinking a lottery on the forums, like a cointest where you have a couple days to post one simple phrase "I would like to buy some coinage" and NOTHING else. Then you (Tsun) use a random number generator to determine which posts are able to order. One post per person and you do this until you run out of stock. It would be time relevant for EVERYONE (no one has to get up in the middle of the night) and no one would have an excuse for missing (except those on vacation, I guess)

You could even randomly draw for one or two freebies to make it a 'true' cointest.

whatcha say?

I told ya the breathing part worked! :( Melllllllllllow......Melllllllllllow :D Alllllll betta now......Everythings fine......Everything is fine[/size=1]

Ahhhhhhhh...... KAY, back to the real world! :unsure: If there is one thing that could shut down the world, its a Tsun coin sale! I hear the lights were flickering in London and internet across the world was on hold briefly! DANG SISTA!

There is only one thing you can do to keep us from flooding your cart:

Make ugly geocoins!!! :unsure::(:D:D *snort*

Oh mannnn! I snorted.... :D

CF30

She did make one, the lump of coal ET. And how many people would love to get their hands on one of those?!?!?

Tsun one thing is for sure. We all feel so bad for you. What a nightmare. Hard work, money out of your pocket, long hours. Sometimes life just doesn't seem fair.

As has been said many times before, all of this for a lump of metal with some paint on it. " Hi my name is <insert name>. I am a geocoin addict. And Tsun is my dealer." :D

There is only one thing you can do to keep us from flooding your cart:

Make ugly geocoins!!! :unsure::(:D:D *snort*

Oh mannnn! I snorted.... :D

CF30

She did make one, the lump of coal ET. And how many people would love to get their hands on one of those?!?!?

Yeah, that is a problem there.... Alas, I fear she's doomed to coinage popularity. Couldn't make an ugly coin if she tried. Even her "ugly" coins are desired. :D

CF30

Hey all,

Just checking in real quick. I just want to say that as a vendor who has really tried hard to be personable as mcuh as time allows me to and be involved in the community here, I have always wondered if it really mattered or if anyone cared whether I was here updating or trying to do my best to show that it mattered how we all interacted together. Well, I realized today that I'm pretty lucky because so many of you have posted here, sent me emails and texts and even afew phone calls to be supportive and let me know you're sorry that things just don't seem to be going right for the time being. I seriously appreciate it! I mean that... yesterday I was close to just running away :rolleyes: , April seems to be a tough month to get through and yesterday didn't help, my truck was hit in the parking lot, my site crashed and I was pretty nervous knowing tomorrow (which is today) my pretty old dog, Dakota was going in for surgery to have some tumors removed. Things just seemed to be piling on and right now she's out in the truck sleeping off her anesthesia and she's looking a bit rough but I think she's going to be ok. Thanks to those who have sent me well wishes for her too! Tristin is out a play buddy for now but I'll keep him busy.

I was gonna try and come up with a new sale date/time tonight but I think I'm just gonna put a movie in, take care of my dog and relax. I think the coins can wait a few more days :blink:

Again, thanks so much for the support, it's truly a relief to know you care and are being patient while I get this webstore in order. I'll be get something posted regarding sales some time tomorrow, I took the day off.

Thanks! tsun B)

Edited by tsunrisebey

No worries, Tsun -- coins are perishable; they'll keep, and so will we. : )

Here's hoping that Dakota comes through this with flying colors (which I'm sure she will, and I know we'll want to hear about her progress. Take some well-deserved time off and make sure you & your family are healthy and good to go. And THANK YOU for keeping us up to date on what's going on. It really is appreciated!

-- JG

Thank You Tsun for the update, Glad That everything seemed to go well with Dakota's surgery. You are always one busy gal and you deserve a nice quiet evening by the fireplace all snuggled with a blanket and your geodogs watching a movie, have some Nutella. We can just visualize you doing all of this. :blink: Like everyone else said the coins will be here and we are very sorry to hear about your truck being hit. We are Very sorry to hear you overall had a terrible day yesterday. We all have these days Im sure. Keep your head up and hope that your website gets fixed for good.

Sending you all of our love. :rolleyes:

Barry and Val of sweetlife