Earth Turtle Oceania Geocoin

tsunrisebey

You do an awesome job...both in your coin designs and with keeping us all updated. I am sorry that you had to go through this today. :unsure: Your new store looks great and I am sure it will be up and running smoothly in no time (I just looked and it seemed to be working well this afternoon).

I told you I was looking forward to the frenzy! :D

Ok, after 2.5 hours of back and forth on the phone... I can tell you what is going on. I'm really going to try and break this down to some very basic principles so it's understandable as I had a bunch of questions myself.

First and foremost, it is NOT a hosting server problem I can assure you of that and I was assured of this. The host server is military grade and is located in Salt Lake City, UT (not here in remote Montana). When I first started looking for people to custom build my site, this was one of my top 3 questions/priorities-so there would be no crashing issues. So once again not a host server issue, these people have big clients than me they are hosting and there are no problems in this area. Now to try and give you some sort of idea of what happened; they refered to it as a "backbone" issue somewhere out in internet land :D To make a long, difficult story short... because my websites were "redirected" and still in the process of propagating throughout the internet and according to the admin server person in Salt Lake City, an ISP provider somewhere in the US broke (nopt related to my server/host), it caused only my site to "break" and not load. (There is alot more technical aspects to this but it's way too complicated to explain). So, having still been in that 48 hour time frame of propagating it caused the site to do some funny things (all depending on where you are located and who your ISP is and how quickly your host's servers backup information). Anyhow, some people are able to see the store again and nothing is wrong, some are seeing it and it might still have some problems, and some can't see it at all. What will happen is as your ISP provider backups it's system, you will see the new website like you were able to. It truly was a fluke that this happened because at 7:40 there were 100 people logged onto the webstore and it was working fine. Like I said before the server did not crash because no one else who is being hosted on the server, crashed.

So, while ISP's around the world backup their servers, everyone should be able to see what they once did. The tsunrisebey.com web address reverted back to the old web look but should come around again to the new look. So I'll wait until everyone is up and running and seeing the new store again so no one is left out.

When the new site is showing for you and those of you who are having issues with adding to your cart (which seems to be about 8 people), here are some more suggestions. According to my project manager, she suggested some additonal steps for you but made it clear it's not a website issue but a browser issue and they can't do anything on their end. They've tested the site for every browser out there and it works on all of them. She said if you are running Vista or IE6, IE8, AOL (which is a beta) that these browsers all really hard cache. You will have to dump all your files, cookies, history, etc. and then restart. If you can not get it to work, then you'll need to consider another browser (IE7 is what I use and it works fine, seems Firefox works well too). Other than the information I just gave you, there really isn't anything else I can help you with there, so hopefully you have a buddy who is a puter guru and can help you find a browser that will allow you to load the cart.

I am going to take a mental break for a bit here and I'll think about a new date for the sale. I am contemplating sometime during the week this time instead of the weekend. If you miss out on the sale, please keep in mind I'm reminting the designs, so it's not like you can't get one.

One last thing, thank you to those who have been supportive and recognize that I have been working hard during this transition. No one wants a smoother sale than I do and sometimes crazy things happen, it's been a huge learning experience about how all this stuff works. There is alot that goes on behind the scenes on this crazy internet that you would never know until something happens to you as I'm sure some of you tech people already know. Thanks for being patient, I swear we're almost there :unsure: Growing pains....

tsun

What a headache.....but....

This is AWESOME>>>>Well for me at least, I was leaving for a full day of caching and was bummed, I was going to miss out.

tsun, it seems as though you did an excellent job with communication with your loyal followers...keep your head up ... I just know these sales are going to run smoothly for you ( and for me :D , being able to actually purchase one)

Hi tsun. Both Ken and I are able to access the new site and we both are able to load the cart with the test coin. Thanks so much for your help last night and so sorry for your problems this morning....but we are glad that it just wasn't us :unsure: . Looking forward to trying this again (we think).

Joan & Ken

Edited by Snobird & Mountain Goat

Sigh. I still can't access the site directly. I'll have to wait until tomorrow to leave a message on the extremely crappy customer service number here to ask them to stop blocking the site. I think that'll be the only way for me to actually get the cart to work, since it doesn't seem to work if I go through an anonymizer/proxy.

Sigh. I still can't access the site directly. I'll have to wait until tomorrow to leave a message on the extremely crappy customer service number here to ask them to stop blocking the site. I think that'll be the only way for me to actually get the cart to work, since it doesn't seem to work if I go through an anonymizer/proxy.

The site has or is either fully propagated. At about 9:30 pm Montana time, it will be the full 48 hours. I googled tsunrisebey.com and clicked the link that shows up under the old site and it leads me directly to the new site which is good news. About half of the small group of people who were having problems with loading their cart with the test product, seemed to be able to do so after propagation appeared to have taken place. You have a couple days to hopefully get it worked out :unsure:

Side note: The new sale date will be mid-week after I get home from work. Unfortunately my border collie is having surgery the end of the week and I will need that time to help tend to her. So the time zone issue may not be beneficial to everyone this time.

tsun

Side note: The new sale date will be mid-week after I get home from work. Unfortunately my border collie is having surgery the end of the week and I will need that time to help tend to her. So the time zone issue may not be beneficial to everyone this time.

tsun

Tsun, we are dog lovers and read that your guy is having Surgery, Hope it is nothing to serious. Our thoughts and prayers are for you and your buddy. We know how you must feel. We will say our prayers.

Hugs,

Barry and Valarie of sweetlife

The site has or is either fully propagated. At about 9:30 pm Montana time, it will be the full 48 hours. I googled tsunrisebey.com and clicked the link that shows up under the old site and it leads me directly to the new site which is good news. About half of the small group of people who were having problems with loading their cart with the test product, seemed to be able to do so after propagation appeared to have taken place. You have a couple days to hopefully get it worked out :unsure:

tsun

I don't think it's a propagation issue in my case (tho it may be); there's another company located on the same server as yours whose site I have real difficulties seeing. The bonus of having a few more days, tho, is that I now have some time to HOUND HOUND HOUND the folks at what passes for Customer Service here. So perhaps I can get it straightened out on that end. If it's just a prop issue, tho -- whew, that would sure make things easier! : ) At any rate, thank you very much for the updates and for hanging in there (and riding the ISP to make sure things work). And (gentle) hugs to your collie and anyone else at your place who's having to put up with us! : )

Awww, I hope Dakota's surgery goes well, I just got worrisome news from my parents that my cat has to be put on heart medicine (is there a worry smiley face?) I hope everything is okay for both of them :\ They've been trying to put Hobbes on a diet since, oh about 12 years ago, but it doesn't seem to help...

I'm torn between happiness and feeling bad about the delay. I'm so sorry you're having troubles with your new site but at the same time soooo relieved I didn't miss the sale while I was out CITO'ing today. Thanks for all the work you've put into the launch of your new site. When it's finally *right* it'll be the best coin site out there :unsure: It's already the prettiest :D Thanks for all you've put into it so far!

I'm loving the news that the ETs will go on sale while I'm at work though. LOL I'm in front of a computer with high speed inet allllllllllll day. Today was 87 degrees in NJ!!! and a CITO event I couldn't miss (although I kind of sort of did miss it) Comedy of errors, I tell ya. But I was dragged (by the hair) out of bed well before the sale and told he didn't care about my need for the shiny purdy turtles.

I understand that these times are not going to be globally convenient but due to other circumstances, I can not hold the sale this upcoming weekend and I have a full-time job that won't allow me to sell the coins while I'm at work :). I am also going to set a limit on both ET versions to 4 of each version. This will allow more customers to obtain coins.

* Sale Date: April 29th (Wednesday)

* Sale Time: 5:30 pm Mountain Standard Time (Montana, USA)

Date/Time of Sale conversion:

SALE INFO:

Date/Time of Sale conversion:

(there will be a date and time stamp on the webstore)

Brussels: April 30th 01:30 am Thursday

Frankfurt, Germany: April 26th 01:30 am Thursday

Lisbon, Portugal: April 30th 12:30 am Thursday

Amsterdam, Netherlands: April 30th 01:30 am Thursday

Glasgow, Scotland: April 30th 12:30 am Thursday

Perth, Australia: April 30th 7:30 am Thursday

Japan: April 30th 8:30 am Thursday

Edited by tsunrisebey

I understand that these times are not going to be globally convenient but due to other circumstances, I can not hold the sale this upcoming weekend and I have a full-time job that won't allow me to sell the coins while I'm at work :) ...

Good to see that there is another solid, planned time. I discovered that the problem is due to my ISP; for some reason, Verizon assigned an IP to the gateway here in Misawa that belongs to a block of IPs registered as being physically located in Mexico City (?), and that many sites (including Myspace and, apparently, Comcast) block this range of IPs. I gather there are a lot of unhappy Myspace users.

Happily, I can always come into work (if you can call that "being happy") and access the site JUST FINE. Yay! So my problem is solved, sort of, and I'm ready to go. : )

-- JG

Hi all,

Hi hope this time everything goes well with the sale, cause I guess that Stephanie has already suffered a lot with this :anicute:

However, I'm in Portugal and I'm still unable to reach the tsunrisebey.com site. I've tested with several computers, browsers and service provider networks.

Is everything ok in other countries in Europe? Is this only in Portugal? Or is it just with me?

Thanks,

Antonio

Hi all,

Hi hope this time everything goes well with the sale, cause I guess that Stephanie has already suffered a lot with this :anicute:

However, I'm in Portugal and I'm still unable to reach the tsunrisebey.com site. I've tested with several computers, browsers and service provider networks.

Is everything ok in other countries in Europe? Is this only in Portugal? Or is it just with me?

Thanks,

Antonio

I have 1 person in the Czech Republic, 2 in the UK that can't see the store but everything else. Unfortunately there isn't anything I can do from my end to help with that issue. I did send an email along to my project manager and she said she'd ask the admin of the host server in Salt Lake City if they had any suggestions for several of you. I'm was curious if there weremore overseas that couldn't see the store portion other than the 4 that emailed me.

I'm off to work.

tsun

Hi all,

Thanks,

Antonio

Same here - Lisbon, Portugal :anicute:

Hoping for a smooth sale on the 29th! I should be able to squeeze in some time right before I go to doggie training class to buy some coins.

Sorry to hear about the surgery. I'm sure the surgery will go well and recovery will be quick. She'll be back on her feet in no time :anicute:

Hello all

just to check. Is the site down. I can't open neither the store and Tsun's ifnfo page, and i've tryed with all browsers i've got :anicute:

PL

Ok, parece que estamos todos aqui em Portugal e alguns países da Europa no mesmo barco e não temos acesso. Deve ser uma daquelas coisas maradas de IPs e etc... António podias por a FCUL a resolver este problema, agora ficar sem as turtles é que não é opção :anicute::anibad:

Hello,

this was a fast reply for the portuguese geocoiners :o I tought i was the only one with problems. I will try to see how to clear it but i've try everithing that you said on your previous posts . I keep getting the error "DNS server not found"

PL

Hello all

just to check. Is the site down. I can't open neither the store and Tsun's ifnfo page, and i've tryed with all browsers i've got :anicute:

PL

Ok, parece que estamos todos aqui em Portugal e alguns países da Europa no mesmo barco e não temos acesso. Deve ser uma daquelas coisas maradas de IPs e etc... António podias por a FCUL a resolver este problema, agora ficar sem as turtles é que não é opção :D:D

Hello,

this was a fast reply for the portuguese geocoiners :D I tought i was the only one with problems. I will try to see how to clear it but i've try everithing that you said on your previous posts . I keep getting the error "DNS server not found"

PL

I've GOT ACCESS don't ask me how :anicute::anibad::o:)B)

But we had to do the login as if we were outside POrtugal. Confused, so am I :D The good thing is I can try to buy a couple tomorrow, so I'll be on the queue :o:)

"Viva pessoal,

nós temos acesso através dos sistemas informáticos da geocacherZONE. Se até amanhã o problema não estiver resolvido, podem sempre contar connosco. Desde que consigamos fazer a compra, claro.

Paulo"

Well I am not sure how this is going to work for me tomorrow. I still can not load the test item. I have IE6 I believe so I was going to load IE7 but it wanted to know my windows version and mine was not on the list, so I said phooey, guess that won't work. Weird thing is that I can load through the wishlist and then add to my basket and proceed from there so I may try that and see what happens. An extra step but I may have a chance to get a coin. Guess it's time to start saving up for a new laptop :anicute:

Hello all

PL

Ok, parece que estamos todos aqui em Portugal e alguns países da Europa no mesmo barco e não temos acesso. Deve ser uma daquelas coisas maradas de IPs e etc... António podias por a FCUL a resolver este problema, agora ficar sem as turtles é que não é opção :D:D

Hello,

this was a fast reply for the portuguese geocoiners :D I tought i was the only one with problems. I will try to see how to clear it but i've try everithing that you said on your previous posts . I keep getting the error "DNS server not found"

PL

I've GOT ACCESS don't ask me how :anicute::anibad::o:)B)

But we had to do the login as if we were outside POrtugal. Confused, so am I :D The good thing is I can try to buy a couple tomorrow, so I'll be on the queue :o:)

"Viva pessoal,

nós temos acesso através dos sistemas informáticos da geocacherZONE. Se até amanhã o problema não estiver resolvido, podem sempre contar connosco. Desde que consigamos fazer a compra, claro.

Paulo"

Here at geocacherzone.pt it's everything ready, tested and confirmed... for us the website it's working 100% ;o)

Por aqui na GeocacherZONE.pt está tudo pronto, testado e confirmado... o site para nós está a funcionar a 100%. Caso não consigam resolver o prob do acesso avisem... que poderemos tentar trazer mais umas quantas para Portugal.

Nverissimo - Team Web XXI

Just saw on the news about the Winter Storm Warning in effect there in Montana, for up to a foot of snow. Looks like Stephanie is in for a possibly rough day.

Good luck to everyone this evening! I've been unlucky in all the past sales, haven't snagged a turtle since the very first ones came out. But, I'll give it a try this evening. If I don't manage to get one, I'll look on the bright side that at least I don't have to go out and shovel any snow :o