Earth Turtle Oceania Geocoin

tsunrisebey

I have tried posting in here several times but no one is listening to me..... there is an issue not related to the server. For now, just consider the sale cancelled. I will report back when I find out for sure what is going on, it is not my site, it is not the server, it's something else and tech is looking into it. Sorry for the inconvience.... I'll update when I hear back.

tsun

I don't think that mattered. I was logged in from 6:30am EST time and when I went back on around 9:45 right before the sale, I was locked into one of the pages of the website. Now I can't get on. Think there is just too much traffic. what a bummer for her after all the work that was put into this.

Tsun, the site was working fine around midnight PST, guess I shoulda stayed logged in... still no luck here..

Welp, it's 11:11pm here in Japan and we just had a (minor, but entertaining) earthquake. I think that is the sign that I need to go to bed. ; )

Thanks to everyone who's offered to help me -- I really appreciate it. And best of luck to Tsun...the sweet crash of success! ; ) I am betting you're going to have to buy some more capacity and that it'll take a little while to get it going (like S & H had to do when they came out with their Red Herrings, the initial set of virii, etc), so this'll be the last post from me on the subject until you have had a chance to post an update. Have a good day, Tsun, and I hope that you have the opportunity to revel in your disgusting success soon. : )

Good night, everyone!

I have tried posting in here several times but no one is listening to me..... there is an issue not related to the server. For now, just consider the sale cancelled. I will report back when I find out for sure what is going on, it is not my site, it is not the server, it's something else and tech is looking into it. Sorry for the inconvience.... I'll update when I hear back.

tsun

Just keep breathing tsun. We are all on your side. No worries.

:laughing:

tsun

tsun

Thanks for the update TSun, I'm sure it's more frustrating for you than anybody! We'll be back for the restart when it happens and try again. Now it's time to go caching since it's postponed :laughing:

Do have a SUPER day, and thanks for your efforts.

Fingers Crossed.

Tsun, the site was working fine around midnight PST, guess I shoulda stayed logged in... still no luck here..

It probably wouldn't have mattered. I left my computer logged in to my wishlist from 10 pm mountain time last night. This morning I could see that page but couldn't reload it or load any other page.

Steph, smile, take a deep breath, and don't let it get to you. I don't envy you at all right now but it'll all work out in the end. Hugs!

tsun

so sorry tsun...i hope it gets fixed. there must be a gremlin out there.

hang in there ............... we all still love ya.

Edited by UFgatorgirl

tsun

we are listening !! Thanks for updating us !!

tsun

Just keep breathing tsun. We are all on your side. No worries.

DITTO :laughing:

tsun

Don't worry, we all will come back for sure. Your coins are worth to repeat this procedure another time :laughing:

Good luck! Everything will be fine in the end!

Michael

tsun

I'm listening Steph. Wish I could help you.... :laughing: It will work out I just know. You are doing a GREAT job wench!!!!!!

Everybody here was talking among themselves.

tsun

Thanks for the update. I am so sorry. What a time to give up Nutella :laughing:

or maybe you need something stronger... best wishes.

tsun

We're listening! Sending some Excedrin and Nutella your way! Sorry girrrllllll!!! Good luck fixing 'er up!!!

Will be thinking of you today!

tsun

Well, it's too beautiful a day so I am heading off for the Irish pub to enjoy late afternoon here in Switzerland with refreshing beer and some chips :laughing:

Tsun, thank you for your effort and I am sure everyone did his/hers best. No one is angry at you, but anybody was nervous because of the sale.

Jackalgirl, I'm definitively off now as the sale is cancelled. I wish you a good night and we will hear from each other - maybe I will bid you to cover for me next sale date :laughing:.

tsun

oh dear (hugs!) keep your chin up girl! we will buy your coins no matter what happens!

tsun

oh dear (hugs!) keep your chin up girl! we will buy your coins no matter what happens!

ditto ((()))

tsun

Hang in there! Nobody is complaining.

I'm as anxious for your sanity now as I am for your coins.

I guess I'll need to get back to the renovations I'm supposed to be doing today instead of hanging out online. If I delay too much longer, this house is going to end up on Holmes on Homes. :laughing:

Weird that it's accessible and fine now...is it cos' we all gave up for a while after Steph's post?

Start the sale now Steph. Go on!!

She announced that it wasn't because of traffic, but a bug. Maybe it was due to the items switching from not available to available. Who knows

Just in case Steph is reading this now...

You know it might be a good idea to try a limited sale now - say 25% of your available coins. That way your site gets a true test and then you can do the official sale at a later date.

Just an idea. :laughing:

For the good of all coiners I would volunteer to help with that :laughing:

Hello and Good morning Steph. Sorry your sale didnt go off as smoothly at you thought it would, the site is up now and seems to be working fine now as we are typing this. Your coins are beautiful and we are waitting patently, it is nothing you copuld have done any differently, just how things works sometimes. Guess it wasnt meant to be. Keep your head up.

it is up for me too. a little slow, but it works. this is a very good sign.

can't wait for the new sale date.

i bet tsun didn't realize how popular she is until today. B):)

:laughing: she knows :laughing:

My first Tsun sale, Dragonfly talisman coins, the Cash and Bucket editions, sold out in around 5 minutes (I got some :) )

My second Tsun sale, the xmas earth turtles sold out in 2.5 to 3 minutes (Again the coin gods blessed me :) )

The girl has talent :)

Ok, after 2.5 hours of back and forth on the phone... I can tell you what is going on. I'm really going to try and break this down to some very basic principles so it's understandable as I had a bunch of questions myself.

First and foremost, it is NOT a hosting server problem I can assure you of that and I was assured of this. The host server is military grade and is located in Salt Lake City, UT (not here in remote Montana). When I first started looking for people to custom build my site, this was one of my top 3 questions/priorities-so there would be no crashing issues. So once again not a host server issue, these people have big clients than me they are hosting and there are no problems in this area. Now to try and give you some sort of idea of what happened; they refered to it as a "backbone" issue somewhere out in internet land :laughing: To make a long, difficult story short... because my websites were "redirected" and still in the process of propagating throughout the internet and according to the admin server person in Salt Lake City, an ISP provider somewhere in the US broke (nopt related to my server/host), it caused only my site to "break" and not load. (There is alot more technical aspects to this but it's way too complicated to explain). So, having still been in that 48 hour time frame of propagating it caused the site to do some funny things (all depending on where you are located and who your ISP is and how quickly your host's servers backup information). Anyhow, some people are able to see the store again and nothing is wrong, some are seeing it and it might still have some problems, and some can't see it at all. What will happen is as your ISP provider backups it's system, you will see the new website like you were able to. It truly was a fluke that this happened because at 7:40 there were 100 people logged onto the webstore and it was working fine. Like I said before the server did not crash because no one else who is being hosted on the server, crashed.

So, while ISP's around the world backup their servers, everyone should be able to see what they once did. The tsunrisebey.com web address reverted back to the old web look but should come around again to the new look. So I'll wait until everyone is up and running and seeing the new store again so no one is left out.

When the new site is showing for you and those of you who are having issues with adding to your cart (which seems to be about 8 people), here are some more suggestions. According to my project manager, she suggested some additonal steps for you but made it clear it's not a website issue but a browser issue and they can't do anything on their end. They've tested the site for every browser out there and it works on all of them. She said if you are running Vista or IE6, IE8, AOL (which is a beta) that these browsers all really hard cache. You will have to dump all your files, cookies, history, etc. and then restart. If you can not get it to work, then you'll need to consider another browser (IE7 is what I use and it works fine, seems Firefox works well too). Other than the information I just gave you, there really isn't anything else I can help you with there, so hopefully you have a buddy who is a puter guru and can help you find a browser that will allow you to load the cart.

I am going to take a mental break for a bit here and I'll think about a new date for the sale. I am contemplating sometime during the week this time instead of the weekend. If you miss out on the sale, please keep in mind I'm reminting the designs, so it's not like you can't get one.

One last thing, thank you to those who have been supportive and recognize that I have been working hard during this transition. No one wants a smoother sale than I do and sometimes crazy things happen, it's been a huge learning experience about how all this stuff works. There is alot that goes on behind the scenes on this crazy internet that you would never know until something happens to you as I'm sure some of you tech people already know. Thanks for being patient, I swear we're almost there :laughing: Growing pains....

tsun

Edited by tsunrisebey