Synchronizing SA events

RedGlobe

Hi Bruce. My dads birthday falls exacly on that date. So the 7th of May I will not be able to make,

14th suits me better. (But don't change just on my account).

CJ would like to tackle HTML and cache listings and the 7th would suit him better so have scheduled it for the 7th of May. :anitongue:

Keep a look out for GC2QERD, soon to be revealed. :D

Gauteng seems to be very busy these days !

QB II published 12 March for the same day............................... :o

Edited by Wormgeocash

Discussed with two others already, I am looking at holding an Event at Majuba Mountain round the weekend of the 14th May. Will be a overnight stay from Saturday to Sunday. I am looking at all other events over this period and as most are falling on weekends up till then I worked on this date. The event will be held on the Saturday and most likely in the afternoon. Camping facilities are available and reasonably priced. Any other interested...???

I want to host an event on the 16th of June 2011, that is Youthday, at Red Star Motorcycle Raceway. It's a new venue near Delmas. There is a get together of some 500 - 1000 motorbikes on that day, with a host of entertainment and things to see. Can be a great family outing. Any objections or clashes?

It sounds good Madsons, just keep in mind that Event caches are gatherings that are organized by geocachers and are open to other geocachers.

While a music concert, a garage sale, an organized sporting event, a ham radio field day or a town's fireworks display might be of interest to a large percentage of geocachers, such events are not suitable for submission as event caches because the organizers and the primary attendees are not geocachers.

I want to host an event on the 16th of June 2011, that is Youthday, at Red Star Motorcycle Raceway. It's a new venue near Delmas. There is a get together of some 500 - 1000 motorbikes on that day, with a host of entertainment and things to see. Can be a great family outing. Any objections or clashes?

Sounds great! We'll help you host it...... :) We can have our own geocaching thing at a great place such as this, plus we'll make the journey to the venue worthwhile with a cache or two or more to find!

Sounds great! We'll help you host it...... :) We can have our own geocaching thing at a great place such as this, plus we'll make the journey to the venue worthwhile with a cache or two or more to find!

It sounds like a great idea, but, as Worm said, I suspect that your chances of getting such an event published are very slim.

I suggest that you talk to ROTSIP before you proceed any further.

I would like to reserve 23 July 2011 as the date for the next techno event. :D

It should be a techno event with a difference, so watch this space and all will be revealed. :rolleyes:

Damhuisclan would like organise a hands on event for solving puzzles. The idea is to get into groups and solve puzzles together from scratch without help or hints. Two heads are always better than one. <_<

It should be a techno event with a difference, so watch this space and all will be revealed. :rolleyes:

Damhuisclan would like organise a hands on event for solving puzzles. The idea is to get into groups and solve puzzles together from scratch without help or hints. Two heads are always better than one. <_<

This sound interesting.... something different and maybe some of us not having either the time or skill might benefit quite a bit by this :D

This is a great idea of Damhuisclan. We tried this out with MadSons when we went away on a camping weekend. The puzzles that did not require information from a location, were solved between all of us. We managed to solve about 8 puzzles over the two evenings...each of us had strengths in differnt areas so when all our four brains were combined we were quite resourceful.

I'd love to! I'll get on it right away.. :D

Groovy Marika...I was planning on doing something also, but will leave it up to you. I may sync our QS Event before or after the Flash Mob so that we can kuier after the flashing :)....It all depends on the timing! ... and we'll have Australian geocacher guests staying with us on this day too!