A Pictoral Mapping Quiz

currykev

Starting a new theme based on something shown in the previous image.

aah, I thought the round shaped area looked like a prison, but wasn't sure, it intrigued me.

Luckily with the answer and the next question came the clues i needed for google, interesting!

A belated DING to Nediam. As spotted, I left Dartmoor Prison in the picture as another clue!

Geoff

Sous les falaises du plateau de France GCQP9C

The Millau Viaduct (French: le Viaduc de Millau) is a cable-stayed road-bridge that spans the valley of the River Tarn near Millau in the Aveyron. Designed by architect Sir Norman Foster, in collaboration with French bridge engineer Michel Virlogeux, it is the tallest vehicular bridge in the world, with one pier's summit at 343 metres (1,125 ft)—slightly taller than the Eiffel Tower and only 38 m (125 ft) shorter than the Empire State Building. It was formally dedicated on 14 December 2004 and opened to traffic two days later.

A DING to Pajaholic

Thanks MC.

Picking up on something from a few questions ago and adding it to one of my pet subjects:

4411700992_c902504a40.jpg

Click piccy for full-sized version.

The airfield is home to a British microlight flying school, but it's not in Britain. Where is it, and what's the cache in the bottom right of the picture?

Geoff