A Pictoral Mapping Quiz

currykev

Thanks Madam C.

I suspect this one will go fairly quickly. I was considering another airfield :ph34r: but keeping to the Scottish theme instead, where and which cache?

4321744857_a44b6f3e63_m.jpg

(click the piccy for the full-sized version)

FWIW, I was once just a few miles from here and didn't realise its significance until I'd got back home. So, optionally, what is this place's main claim to fame?

Geoff

One I could have got, had I logged on sooner :)

Let me Ding that for you Chudley Cannons... unless you need to name the cache as well as the location?

I'll second the ding, even though Chudley Cannons didn't name your cache "West is Best (Ardnamurchan Point)" as requested.

Over to Chudley Cannons...

Geoff

One I could have got, had I logged on sooner B)

Let me Ding that for you Chudley Cannons... unless you need to name the cache as well as the location?

I'll second the ding, even though Chudley Cannons didn't name your cache "West is Best (Ardnamurchan Point)" as requested.

Over to Chudley Cannons...

Geoff

Can someone else take a turn? I'm up to my neck in work and don't have time at the moment.

Just a note: using PM-only caches as the target, which non-PMs like me can't search for and won't see on google maps gives PMs an unfair advantage :o:laughing:

Sheesh......that's why I cant find 'em.......nowt to do with being out caching and work and all that :surprise:

Somewhere I will no doubt visit later this year!

Tombolo?

Matt

93 CURRENT GCGT5W

I believe the phrase is DING to norsch.

Having visited Bigton (GC1KB63 - St Ninians Treasure is on the "island" nearby) on Shetland many years ago (Britains largest active tombolo) I have something of a soft spot for them, and didn't realise until recently that the land that Llandudno was on was also one. Plus tombolo is a great word!

Matt

That's a DING and I done it today, nice cycle ride, if you like micros that is!! :lol:

WOW !!! I wish I had a shilling for every time I've been on the road next to this. Never knew there were locks in there.

I know just off shot to the south-east, the canal goes over the road.

My dad used to go under this bridge on his bike on the way to work in the 50s.

He used to pedal as fast as he could and try not to get dripped on.