A Pictoral Mapping Quiz

currykev

Is it GC1J58H?

The airfield is Eaglescott

Oh, and the ICAO code is EGHU.....I think!

And if I'm right......someone else dive in, I still aint got one ready :P

Ding!

If nobody minds, I'll dive in for the next as well:

Another airfield, another cache. The cache is related to modes of transport that aren't aviation! Where and which cache?

4295110012_cfe3db75d5_o.jpg

Been through Cornwall, Devon, Somerset, Dorset, Wiltshire, Hampshire, Oxfordshire, Berkshire and the Isle of Wight :( Didn't know there were so many airfields!!

Flippin loads to go through yet......unless there is a teensy-weensy clue? :(

Edited to add Herefordshire, West Sussex and Surrey :(

Edited by GAZ

The airfield is Long Marston, Warwickshire

Cache is The Greenway - Ballast GC1DFAW

Ding!

Long Marston airfield, home to the Avon Microlight Club and the Freedom Sports Aviation microlight school, is just a few miles South of Stratford-upon-Avon. The cryptic clue I gave should have given this one away since Even Great Barnstormers Love this airfield spells out the ICAO code of Long Marston - EGBL.

The two modes of transport that are not aviation are rail and cycling since the Greenway is part of the National Cycle Network and follows a disused rail bed past the airfield.

Over to Madam Cholet...

Said in my best Victor Meldrew accent......I DON'T BELEEEVE IT! :(

It's took me hours and hours to find it, and find it I did......this morning, but had to dart out to take our daughter to work....then the day went by.......I knew I should have posted earlier :(

Edited by GAZ

Said in my best Victor Meldrew accent......I DON'T BELEEEVE IT! :mellow:

It's took me hours and hours to find it, and find it I did......this morning, but had to dart out to take our daughter to work....then the day went by.......I knew I should have posted earlier :(

Sorry Gaz, right place, right time.

I did have this lovely image of you, though, in a micro-light flying over all those airfields of southern England, peering down.

019afb54-051d-4d14-b34b-f3d0d051d83e.jpg

So where's this unusual feature and what's that cache called?

FYI, the rectangle on the north part of the outfield line is a section of the outfield wall where Hank Aaron's home run ball went over the fence and hit the stadium wall for his record breaking 715th home run. Yep, I've visited that cache. They left that section of fence and wall from the old stadium.

2818102001_905237faa4.jpg

Edited by mtn-man

Robinson Crusoe's Real Treasure GCH231.

Alexander Selkirk was the inspiration for the novel Robinson Crusoe and the island he was marooned on has been renamed Robinson Crusoe Island. It was on my list of possible visits while in Chile in April but is too expensive to get to.

Edited by Madam Cholet

Robinson Crusoe's Real Treasure GCH231.

Alexander Selkirk was the inspiration for the novel Robinson Crusoe and the island he was marooned on has been renamed Robinson Crusoe Island. It was on my list of possible visits while in Chile in April but is too expensive to get to.

DING to Madam Cholet