A Pictoral Mapping Quiz

currykev

Still can't do it :blink: .... I will email Birdie and see what I am doing wrong :)

Birdie to the rescue ..... :cry:

What and where is the place and what is the cache ?

123.jpg

I know that! It's Perlan, Reykjavik, Iceland; and the cache is Perlan (The Pearl) - GCK8ED.

No time to post another at the moment - so anyone feel free to jump in if you have one ready...

I know that! It's Perlan, Reykjavik, Iceland; and the cache is Perlan (The Pearl) - GCK8ED.

No time to post another at the moment - so anyone feel free to jump in if you have one ready...

Ding.

We had a fabulous holiday in Iceland a few years ago. Unfortunately it was a year before we discovered geocaching, so will have to go back sometime :blink:

Rjukan gets a double ding. One for getting the city right, the other for recognising my Norwegianness in naming the piccie.

So far as I'm aware, Seoul is the world's only(*) eponymous city. Seoul means "Capital" in Korean language.

It's the second largest metropolitan area, by population, in the world.

(*) Schittsville, Arkansas isn't a city.

Rjukan gets a double ding. One for getting the city right, the other for recognising my Norwegianness in naming the piccie.

So far as I'm aware, Seoul is the world's only(*) eponymous city. Seoul means "Capital" in Korean language.

It's the second largest metropolitan area, by population, in the world.

(*) Schittsville, Arkansas isn't a city.

interesting way to spell things Forest :(

guess thats a ding then. If someone would be so kind as to post a new one I'd be more then happy, I'm atm ok at finding things, working on hiding :D

(cache related but applies here as well)

And there was me thinking it was a Google Earth overlay...

Interestingly, I have met Don Pettit, the NASA astronaut who took many of the high resolution pictures from the International Space Station and spoke with him personally for some hours about his experiences. I might have guessed he had something to do with the pictures!

Yes, that was me on BBC4 just now

Oh, go on, you tease.

In threw my telly out two or three years ago 'cos I got so pished off with the fact that I was watching so many hours of shyte. I got my life back.

I still have access to BBCiPlayer though and can watch good stuff if there ever is any.

Looking at BBC Four's schedule for this evening on iPlayer I see:

8.00pm: The cell

9:00pm: Rich man, poor man

10:00pm: Les Paul

Paul, please tell me you're not a Les.

Pimply Saul being a Les would shatter so many illusions for me.

I mean, I understand the sensible shoes and the severe haircut and all, but a Les?

Should I perhaps watch all three programmes, but in reverse order to make sense of the sequence of your change of life?