A Pictoral Mapping Quiz

currykev

Well done on spotting those two caches (Ding-conformation), but I can't see your picture ;)

Hmmm.......had a re-think, and I can only work out that since I posted the piccy first, I have re-named it and maybe that is the reason?

Flippin technology..........marvelous, innit??!!

Hello Everyone! This game looks really interesting but this one seems hard. That's a really small island. Any clues?

Magic.

It's European. ;)

Well that's a start I guess ;) I knew it was Northern Hemisphere from the shadows and was thinking around the Mediterranean but there are millions of islands. I better get started. Oh by the way, have you visited this cache?

Well that's a start I guess ;) I knew it was Northern Hemisphere from the shadows and was thinking around the Mediterranean but there are millions of islands. I better get started. Oh by the way, have you visited this cache?

Heh-heh........I like your way of thinking........but I don't think HH will fall for that one ;)

Heh-heh........I like your way of thinking........but I don't think HH will fall for that one ;)

Only been a member for a few days but I already realize that HH is not not the kind of guy that falls for easy tricks, but worth a shot. I love these kind of quizzes, so hopefully I will get a few right :D Nice to meet you all B)

Well that's a start I guess :D I knew it was Northern Hemisphere from the shadows and was thinking around the Mediterranean but there are millions of islands. I better get started. Oh by the way, have you visited this cache?

Heh-heh........I like your way of thinking........but I don't think HH will fall for that one :D

You're not wrong there. I had it sussed as soon as I read it. :D For the record, unless I use a different account, something that I don't do, the cache would show up as a smiley rather than a cache box if I had found it. So the answer to your question is no. Not much help really is it. :(

Edited by Haggis Hunter

You're not wrong there. I had it sussed as soon as I read it. :D For the record, unless I use a different account, something that I don't do, the cache would show up as a smiley rather than a cache box if I had found it. So the answer to your question is no. Not much help really is it. :(

Never thought of that, but as i use Google Earth standalone, and not from the cache page map, my finds just show up as a box.

Anyway, now it's zoomed out a bit, I will be looking a bit harder!

MagicallyAdept......welcome to the forums and hope you enjoy caching!

Gaz

The cache is Nida Cache GCX6NA. It is located on the largest spit in the world which is the Curonian Spit. The building in question would be a Russian border control. The border between Lithuania and Russian Kaliningrad splits the spit!

Presumptuous in giving a self ding, I will happily pass on posting a new pic and leave it to someone else.

Simply Paul, if you would like to take the reins?

Edited by Turtlebum

Well, I was going to self ding and post another picture ... but can't get my image on here. (do it all the time on GAGB). Not sure what is different on this forum - I use slide.com to host the images.

So unless anyone can give me advice ..... then maybe best that ZoomLens jumps in (as I wouldn't have got the cache without their help)

Well, I was going to self ding and post another picture ... but can't get my image on here. (do it all the time on GAGB). Not sure what is different on this forum - I use slide.com to host the images.

So unless anyone can give me advice ..... then maybe best that ZoomLens jumps in (as I wouldn't have got the cache without their help)

Can anyone help? .... otherwise, can someone else take over please.

Can anyone help? .... otherwise, can someone else take over please.

Yep.. when you compose your reply, theres an INSERT IMAGE on the toolbar, hit that and type in th eURL of your picture on slide.com.... and that should be it. But I'm sure you've sussed that out! and I can't think of a reason why it won't work here if it's ok at GAGB

Edited by Birdman-of-liskatraz

When you try to post the image you have to click on the little tree icon, then paste in the URL of your photo location in the box... then click OK...

That not working for you? :unsure:

If not, you'll just have to wait there patiently 'til one of those very techy people appears :blink:

MrsB

... oh look! there's Birdman... he qualifies as "techy". :o

Edited by The Blorenges