A Pictoral Mapping Quiz

currykev

The thin trail coming down from the marker is a spit of land about 10 metres wide. Everything either side, green or blue, is water. It's a 6-mile round trip even if you park illegally at the bottom of the picture.

I was FTF on this cache, so you could brute-force it via my profile, or use other forms of logic...

30e4f2b9-ce09-472f-8875-6dffd2ba3492.jpg

Station X Mk2 ?

DING

That's the one I was after. GCCS was the Government Codes & Cipher School, which I think was in N.London somewhere. Early in the war it moved to Bletchley park and became Station X. This is where the Station X cache is.

Then after the war it moved to Cheltenham and became GCHQ (Government Communications Headquarters)

Those NNE/SSW striations in the geology are instantly recognisable. I've flown over them enough times to have that place engraved in my synapses. Many times I've thought that the secluded beach would be well worth a visit.

FFS don't tell Pimply Saul about this place; the booger'll have a cache event there on midsummer's day just for the sake of it!

Mellon Udrigle I don't dare attempt to pronounce Gaelic names 'cos the natives always giggle when I do, but if I were to guess, then I'd say something like "MeauwOoee".

But I did name the cache! The cache's name is Mellon Udrigle.

In view of the fact that question actually asked "where this is?" and in view of the fact that the name of the cache which I found on GC.com by searching with the co=ords of that beach is Mellon Udrigle, surely the first answer was more correct than the one which did not answer the question which was asked?

Have I misunderstood the rules of game? Isn't the whole point of the quiz to answer the question which is asked?

so I am hoping Forester is ok with that.

Obviously he isn't. :)

The Forester did give the location and by giving that he also inadvertently gave half of the cache name, or it could be vice versa. If it was my decision, then to keep the peace I would give The Forester the ding.

It has to be said that if I was being pedantic HighlandNick never actually gave the full name of the cache either. ;)

But I did name the cache! The cache's name is Mellon Udrigle.

In view of the fact that question actually asked "where this is?" and in view of the fact that the name of the cache which I found on GC.com by searching with the co=ords of that beach is Mellon Udrigle, surely the first answer was more correct than the one which did not answer the question which was asked?

Have I misunderstood the rules of game? Isn't the whole point of the quiz to answer the question which is asked?

Oooops. my apologies - I hadn't realised the cache name began with Mellon Udrigle - I only remembered the Wester Ross Wanderer #2 part of the name, Ding albeit late to Forester, and again my apologies. Clang to Highland Nick :anitongue::)