A Pictoral Mapping Quiz

currykev

GC117MP l'étang de Montady

Explanation copied from Google!

Quote:

The site of the Oppidum affords fine panoramic views including that of the unique field system the l'Etang de Montady - a radial system of fields and irrigation canals developed in the 18th century.

GC117MP l'étang de Montady

Explanation copied from Google!

Quote:

The site of the Oppidum affords fine panoramic views including that of the unique field system the l'Etang de Montady - a radial system of fields and irrigation canals developed in the 18th century.

Belated DING to aRRKs for the right answer. I was out doing important things - like caching.

If I may be so bold as to assume a DING, try this one.

Staying in Europe, what is the name of this feature and the name and code of the cache that is just off the bottom of the picture

Orange.jpg

Stunning! Ill have to put that on my list of caches to visit.... however, I bet it looks better from the air than the ground :)

Stunning! Ill have to put that on my list of caches to visit.... however, I bet it looks better from the air than the ground :)

This is the view from near the cache site.

RIMG0019.jpg

Typical I should miss the one photo in this thread I stood a chance of recognising.. That'll teach me to work rather than keep an eye on the forum. :)

Some say he has no need of a GPS and can find a cache by smell alone. :rolleyes:

That'll be a DING

It's the Nurburgring Nordschleife (north loop) in the Eiffel mountains (hence tower) There was also a Suedschleife, whilst the bit in the bottom left is the current GP circuit. The modern F1 drivers are a right bunch of pansies aren't they!

The caches are (all in German, natuerlich):

Hatzenbach (GC174XY)

Aremberg Kurve (GC13NZM)

24h Cache 2007 (GC15FY5)

Steilstrecke/Hohe Acht/Caracciola-Karussell

Bruenchen (GC1BXP2)

Hoellejuenger (GC1CM9C)

Lost Place: Suedschliefe

Does anyone else find themselves trying to drag the 'map' around for extra clues? :)

Edited to add the answer too. :o

Its the Ostankino Tower in Russia. I knew it was the big one in Russia. Showing my age (or age of the books I remember reading!), but I thought it was the tallest building in the world, but it turns out the tower in toronto is bigger, and has been since 1975.

Cache is Ostankinskaya Bashnia

So far, there have been 2 questions on big towers and I've got the answers to both. I'll just say I have absolutely no link with large concrete structures or civil engineering in general. For some reason, its just those useless (until now!) bits of trivia that just stick in your head for no apparent reason! :laughing:

Edited by Guanajuato

Ding!

We saw the Ostankino Tower when we visited Moscow a few years ago (before we started caching :laughing: ) and it is HUGE - its much broader than the CN Tower and appears to 'loom' over the city, and often disappears into the smog...

There used to be a restaurant at the top but it closed after the tower caught fire a few years back.

GCA133 Bird's eye View :D

and

GC1F8NN OK own up. Who caught crabs at Mudeford Quay??

Both in Christchurch Harbour

I saw this location while searching for the previous one. There are two caches in this picture as well, either will do.

Doesn't this look great, don't stare for too long you never know what will happen! :mad:

whereisit8.jpg

Edited by aRRKS

GCA133 Bird's eye View :D

and

GC1F8NN OK own up. Who caught crabs at Mudeford Quay??

Both in Christchurch Harbour

I saw this location while searching for the previous one. There are two caches in this picture as well, either will do.

Doesn't this look great, don't stare for too long you never know what will happen! :mad:

whereisit8.jpg

It's that place down west that also claims to have King Arthurs Sword!!! Would it be Loe Bar... and the cache would be: GC19GHY - Is this the world's best view?