Ordering geocoins from the UK

artemisworks

I'm thinking of getting a set of 100 geocoins minted to support a charity. Looking around the available options, it seems that a US manufacturer is the cheapest way I can go about this. The question for all UK-based geocachers is - if you order coins manufactured abroad, what customs charges and taxes do we expect to get hit by when we have all the coins mailed to us?

I'd appreciate it if any UK geocachers who have had geocoins made outside the UK contact me privately - I need some help/advice on how to go about this. Many thanks in advance!

Ms Artemisworks

I'd recommend you contact UKGeocachers (studlyone is his caching name) as they will handle it all for you - they did a great job with the SideTracked coins. They are now VAT registered so you'll have to pay VAT, but they deal direct with the mint so you wont have to pay for double shipping charges (China to US & US to UK!)

I think he's posted overseas at the moment, but his wife Katy will help you out meantime!

HTH

Mel