Canada

katymsw

I am headed to Ontario Canada specifically to the town of Campbellford. I don't understand how to find hidden caches in while visiting. I go to advanced search and type in Canada for the Country and then Ontario. However, Ontario is huge. How do I narrow this down closer to where I will be staying?

Edited by katymsw

I am headed to Ontario Canada specifically to the town of Campbellford. I don't understand how to find hidden caches in while visiting. I go to advanced search and type in Canada for the Country and then Ontario. However, Ontario is huge. How do I narrow this down closer to where I will be staying?

What is ""Canada" and where is it located? I have never heard of it! Is it one of those unincorporated regions in the strange primitive fourth-world nation of West Virginia?

What is ""Canada" and where is it located? I have never heard of it! Is it one of those unincorporated regions in the strange primitive fourth-world nation of West Virginia?

No, 'tis a land of snow and ice and people who end every sentence with "eh?". You'd be lucky to survive unless that occult hand reached down and helped you.

C

Eh? Vinny ... we can't hear you! Louder.

I guess it is true. The moment Vinny posts, the thread starts going downhill (though in a delightfully entertaining way). No occult hand involvement here?

I was going to respond "keep heading north" in respose to "How to find Canada" and "wait for snow to melt" in response to "How to find caches in Canada"...

Anyway, I find that the map view is best. It not only shows you what is nearby, most of the time you can figure out how to get there from where you are / will be as well.

I guess it is true. The moment Vinny posts, the thread starts going downhill (though in a delightfully entertaining way). No occult hand involvement here?

I was going to respond "keep heading north" in respose to "How to find Canada" and "wait for snow to melt" in response to "How to find caches in Canada"...

For a rural area, there sure are a ton of micros around this Campbellford. Now the thread has really gone downhill. ;)

For a rural area, there sure are a ton of micros around this Campbellford. Now the thread has really gone downhill. :lol:

There are some interesting letter box caches in Campbellford as well but probablly not do able with all the snow this year

What IS it with all the references to, and utterances of, "Eh?" in posts by multiple posters in this thread? What is that about? It scares me! It is as if an occult hand had reached down from above and moved the players like pawns upon some giant chessboard, orchestrating each utterance of "Eh?". Strange!

What IS it with all the references to, and utterances of, "Eh?" in posts by multiple posters in this thread? What is that about? It scares me! It is as if an occult hand had reached down from above and moved the players like pawns upon some giant chessboard, orchestrating each utterance of "Eh?". Strange!

And don't forget the utterance of "eewt" (out) and 'aboot" (about). That occult hand manupulating us is really starting to tick me off. You might even say I'm outraged.

Edited by TheWhiteUrkel

Log on to geocaching.com. Go to "hide and seek a cache." Scroll down until you see, "search with Google maps." click on that. Enter "campbellford on" in the search box. where it says , 'zoom to address.' (the 'on' means ontario) you will then see the caches in that city.

Have fun up north there, eh.

Edited by JoesBar

[What IS it with all the references to, and utterances of, "Eh?" in posts by multiple posters in this thread? What is that about? It scares me! It is as if an occult hand had reached down from above and moved the players like pawns upon some giant chessboard, orchestrating each utterance of "Eh?". Strange!

Oh great. Now I'm in trouble. I never actually make fun of Canadians in the Canada forum. :lol:

Here's a primer for your visit. :lol:

The Meaning of Eh!

EH = pronounced AY (similar, but not the same as huh)

Eh is a useful word that is very important and is the basis of all Canadian communications. It is used in conjunction with other words, or simply by itself. The tone or the slight differences in exclamation also changes the meaning:-

Eh? = what did you say?

Eh? = what do you think?

EH? = something to say just to end a sentence.

Ehhhh!! = WOW!!

EH!? = what do you mean?

Eh?? = your joking!!!??

EH!! = Hello..(you off in the distance!!!)

Eh? want a doughnut or some Tim Bits?

Eh! = sure!!

Eh!Eh! = coffee double-cream too please!

Eh? = what you say when you realize you have no money to pay for it.

Eh..cmon, eh? = asking them to let you pay for it next time.

hey..eh! = want to go to the drive-in movie??

Eh...uhuh = yes sure!

Eh..y'know = I'll pick you up at 8:00 (8:30 in Newfoundland).

Eh..cmon!! = well that's early..but ok.

Eh..wanna? eh? = lets fool around ...

EHHHHHHH = sounds coming from the car.

hey..um..er eh... = I'm pregnant!

EH????????? = how did that happen?

EHHehhEHHehhEHHH = sounds from the delivery room.

EHHH-ehh, EHHH-ehh = baby's first cry.

Ehh..whadya think eh? = marry me.

from Canadianisms

If you click the "view on map" button after you search Ontario you can zoom in to the spot you want and it will show the caches on a map in the area.

Eh is the Canadian version of Huh as in "Ya'll from Canada, Huh?" :)

So I assume everyone knows how this great country of ours was named? When the first English settler arrived and asked of a Acadian they had just met what this country was called, the Acadian replied that the First Nations people called it Canada. When the English settler asked how to spell Canada, the Acadian replied,

Wait for it...

Wait...

Just a little longer now...

Almost there...

"C EH! N EH! D EH!"

Now wasn't that worth the wait!

Groan....

Moving to the Canada Forums.

Oh great. Now I'm in trouble. I never actually make fun of Canadians in the Canada forum. :D

Sorry have to go off topic again... I have to say that I had a good laugh at Urkel's post... still chuckling.

:)

Back on topic... Katymsw... I hope you found the help you requested amongst all the humour (no that is not a typo... yes we spell that with a "u"). My family and I were in Campbellford last summer (camped at Ferris PP) and loved the town and the locks. There are lots of great caches to be found! The scenery is wonderful too!

Enjoy!

Edited by brendah

What??!?!!?

I live in CANADA?

Moving to the Canada Forums.

Oh great. Now I'm in trouble. I never actually make fun of Canadians in the Canada forum. :D

Sorry have to go off topic again... I have to say that I had a good laugh at Urkel's post... still chuckling.

:)

Back on topic... Katymsw... I hope you found the help you requested amongst all the humour (no that is not a typo... yes we spell that with a "u"). My family and I were in Campbellford last summer (camped at Ferris PP) and loved the town and the locks. There are lots of great caches to be found! The scenery is wonderful too!

Enjoy!

OMG HOW CAN YOU NOT KNOW WHAT "CANADA" IS? <Moderator Removed>. WE ARE THE COUNTRY RIGHT ABOV YOU. AND WE HAVE A BIGGER LAND MASS THEN YOU!!!!!

I CANT BELIEVE THIS

Edited by Cache-tech

Please watch the language, this is a family friendly forum and using a * to bypass the filters is not appropriate. Thank you.

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?act=boardrules

2. Foul language and obscene images will not be tolerated. This site is family-friendly. All forum posts must conform to a family-friendly standard and contributors must act accordingly.

I am also sure the Vinny & Sue Team was being funny, but you can never be too sure.

Hee hee! Vinny can be quite funny and entertaining, but is harmless in reality. (well, unless you want to check out the psycho caches).

OK, to the OP, if you have made up your mind, and done a search where you want to be, you will be overwhelmed with all the caches within your grasp. If you want a thousand micros in a lamppost, you are welcome to them where you are going.