The Morton Arboretum looking for members who geocache

The Morton Arboretum

Hi all!

The Marketing Department of The Morton Arboretum (in Lisle, IL) is writing an article about Arboretum members who geocache. If any of you are out there and want to see your name (and maybe even your photo) in print, please let me know!

Thanks!

Jean of Green Thumb Trekers

The first time I went caching was with a friend, Rinkey who was visiting from Indiana and had learned of geocahing two days earlier. With her new GPS in hand we decided to try and find the Prairie Recovery (GCAEF7) cache and walked the tall grass prairie in October of 2003. I have lived in Naperville all my life, and knew David Kropp and Ray and this was the first time I had visited the prairie - it was spectacular. I had my 3 year old granddaughter with us and we walked for hours but we had to log a DNF (did not find). Later that day we went to Lund Lake and found GC8B9F, but first we called a friend to ask what an ammunitions box looked like. My friend, Rinkey has since logged thousands of caches and has engaged many people in geocaching, including her soon to be husband JimHoney. I have logged over 100 caches and yes one of them is the Prairie Recovery cache which Rinkey, JimHoney and DarDar, as we are known in the geocaching world, found many years later. We cache together by foot, by bike and by car. It is a great way to get out and enjoy the world around you. What a great idea to write about geocaching in the Arboretum. Darlene

Edited by DarDar