Bookmark List

Evening all!

I'm creating a shared bookmark list of significant cache rings - at least 10 caches in a circular walk...

The list is here...

Cache Rings

I'm hunting some down at the moment, but it would be an enormous help if folks could post a link to the last cache page of any rings I should include. I want the last cache as that gives a good idea of how many caches on the ring!

Feel free to promote the list as much as possible! I think (hope) it could be quite useful! :unsure:

cheers

dave

PS - i've suggested it before - how about a pinned topic at the top entitled Bookmark Lists, which can become a collection of useful bookmark lists?

Evening all!

I'm creating a shared bookmark list of significant cache rings - at least 10 caches in a circular walk...

How flexiable are you on the => 10 caches requirment? I know of 3 very enjoyable (well IMHO anyway) cache series. GCMJ67 has 8 caches, GC3742 has 9 (close but no biscuit) and GC10M63 has only 5 caches but is an 8 mile circular walk. :unsure:

JaceyB goes to East Dean - BONUS GC1EZ6Z 12 caches + bonus I did part of this series last week and it was great. there are other jaceyB trails too.

Another ring I'm looking forward to trying GC1H4XY

The Sussex Amble is an excellent walk for those who enjoy the slightly longer than normal walk. There are 72 caches in total one of which is a bonus cache.

Madehurst Meander has 22 caches GC1CH4V

that's just a few of the great variety of circular trails in w. Sussex

Jane

There is now a 2nd Suffolk Stroll over a 4 mile walk I believe it is to be another 10 however 3 are yet to be published, wish id known before doing the other 7 on Saturday lol

Fantastic. This is just what I am after. I started a thread in the Groundspeak Forum to see if we could get "geocaching walks" on the search page, but I guess it would need a new category for hiders to classify them as walks as well as individual caches. A progression of this would be for users to upload the walks they have created from unlinked caches.

I am new to caching but it seems our cousins across the pond may do more drive by caching than we do.

There is a new Windsor Park walk. A Right Royal Cache GC1NEKT.

Personally, I think the attribute should be that it is a walk, not necessarily the number of caches to be discovered.................. :)

Thanks MrsB.

No, I am not kit williams. I thought it was a humorous , but strangely not many people remember the hare and the fiasco it turned into. A friend of mine knows Kit Williams and told me that he regrets ever having the idea of turning a treasure hunt into a book. It caused him no end of grief.

Re my post on Walks. I like a simple life and it seems to me that accessing Cache Series/Walks easiliy through the geocaching.com search function is not difficult. Neither is enabling users to upload Series they have created themselves from disparate caches. However, there does not seem to be much enthusiasm for this. Maybe I am missing something. Is it because it would make geocaching too easy as it would encourage users to go for the simple caching option instead of having to sit down with mapping software and work out series/routes/walkds/trails from scratch?

Anyway it seems that boxhunting may be launching this kind of thing in the near future. It could also be a natural extension for a site like walkingworld.com.

Perhaps someone should maintain a list of all the series walks, similar to the Church Micro list. There are plenty being produced Clyfe Pypard, Steeple Ashton, Ditteridge, Melksham, Broughton, to name but a few in Wiltshire, by miles and number of caches perhaps. :o:laughing::rolleyes:

I recently completed this one, a 5 1/2 mile walk in the coutryside with 19 caches: Hursley Circular #19 (GC1MG5E)

Another one close by is: Ed's Circuit (GC1NF9C) - a series of 16 caches

Then there's a series of 37 caches hidden along 19 miles of the Kennet and Avon canal between and Thatcham and Great Bedwyn via Newbury, Kintbury, Hungerford, Froxfield and Little Bedwyn. The first (or last) is Monkey Marsh Bridge (GCWFW1) and the last (or first) is Crofton Beam Engines (GCJCBJ). Whilst this isn't circular it is possible to leave a car at each end so that you can easily return to where you started.

Edited by RPP

Here's our contribution..

Bishopstone Circular - 71 caches plus others along the same route

Selmeston Circular - 24 caches. Already included

Long Man Micro Trail - 15 plus bonus

All near Lewes in East Sussex. Plenty of other smaller series and caches in the local area

:laughing:

This doesn't quite fit your definition but I wanted to plug it anyway ('cos we did it today and it was great)

Wickham Bishops Series

Seven caches in the series, one more on the direct route and two (we didn't do these) available with little detours.

There are also 12 caches on Blackbushe Airport in Surrey which we are hoping to put together in a circular walk tomorrow, starting and finishing at Spitfire

There are also 12 caches on Blackbushe Airport in Surrey which we are hoping to put together in a circular walk tomorrow, starting and finishing at Spitfire

Circular walk it wasn't! - more like a zig-zag of going round in circles and missing out one completely :rolleyes:

But we did manage to find 11 caches in less than 4 miles of lovely walk

Circular walk it wasn't! - more like a zig-zag of going round in circles and missing out one completely :rolleyes:

But we did manage to find 11 caches in less than 4 miles of lovely walk

Evening all!

The list is here...

Cache Rings

I'm hunting some down at the moment, but it would be an enormous help if folks could post a link to the last cache page of any rings I should include. I want the last cache as that gives a good idea of how many caches on the ring!

Feel free to promote the list as much as possible! I think (hope) it could be quite useful! :)

cheers

dave

PS - i've suggested it before - how about a pinned topic at the top entitled Bookmark Lists, which can become a collection of useful bookmark lists?

Hi,

I still use your bookmark list and find it very useful.

Can I promote my own circluar walk of 5miles roughly taking in 20 caches? ;)

Wisley Wander 20 http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...c9-d5a584fbda4b

Thanks and happy caching

Yorkie30.

Evening all!

The list is here...

Cache Rings

Feel free to promote the list as much as possible! I think (hope) it could be quite useful! ;)

cheers

dave

Hi,

I still use your bookmark list and find it very useful.

Can I promote my own circluar walk of 5miles roughly taking in 20 caches? :D

Wisley Wander 20 http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...c9-d5a584fbda4b

Thanks and happy caching

Yorkie30.

you certainly can - and I will add it to the list. However, I will be updating it significantly, as the number of 10 cache walks is rather larger these days, so I'll probably up the number to 20 anyway! This will require a little bit of free time which I don't have at the moment (for example, the ceiling collapsed in our downstairs bathroom last evening - just 3 weeks after I redecorated the whole room! pah!)

Keep the ideas coming, as I'll use this thread to help me update the list!

Cheers

Dave

you certainly can - and I will add it to the list. However, I will be updating it significantly, as the number of 10 cache walks is rather larger these days, so I'll probably up the number to 20 anyway! This will require a little bit of free time which I don't have at the moment (for example, the ceiling collapsed in our downstairs bathroom last evening - just 3 weeks after I redecorated the whole room! pah!)

Cheers

Dave

any chance you could split it to two lists? One <20 and one 20+? nice fast way to filter the 'longer ones' from the shorter ones generally so I know which list to grab depending on the time i have available?

Cheers

Dave

any chance you could split it to two lists? One <20 and one 20+? nice fast way to filter the 'longer ones' from the shorter ones generally so I know which list to grab depending on the time i have available?

i'll think about it! ;) a lot depends upon how many <20 rings there are. Unfortunately, I'm without GSAK at the moment, so it'll all have to wait anyway! :D

Here's another one for you:

Stones & Stumps

Stones & Stumps: A circular series with the suggested start at Clifton. The route is about 12.5m/20km long with a good selection of caches along the way. Varied countryside, mostly good paths, only 4 stiles, an excellent tea room, and lovely views of the Pennines and north Lakes.

Re: trimming the lists - different regions seem to have more or less dense rings. As someone from Cumbria, where it appears you have to work a bit harder for numbers of caches but you get cracking walks, I'd be sorry to see all mine go because there's 'not enough' caches en route. How about some combination of distance as well as numbers of caches. Over 10 caches and/or over 5 miles; or 20 caches or 10 miles, or something similar. With 'rings' it's also having a walk isn't it?

Just an idea. :D

With such caching circuits become ever more popular and new ones appearing every week, I think MrPP is doing a great job in trying to keep up to date with the information and bookmarking them.

I would like to suggest he should now officially take on the title

"The Keeper of the Rings."

MrsB :D

woo hoo! Does this mean I have to go on a journey?

As I said, when I get the time, and GSAK back, I can study the numbers in detail and update the list properly. Its probably a Xmas project! Putting a roof on our bathroom is higher up the 'To Do' list at the moment.

Ok, I'm going to make a start on updating this further. As I said earlier, the number of 10+ rings is increasing at a huge rate, so as a compromise, I'm going to start with 15+ rings. Once these are all on, depending upon numbers, I may drop it back to 10. However, IMHO, if the bookmark list gets too long, it loses its usefulness a bit! those that are on the list will be staying for now, unless i do decide to create a second list. in two minds about that!

So, I've added some more suggestions, and I will be using GSAK to add more. Keep the links coming though! And if I've missed a suggestion from earlier in the thread, feel free to re-post it!

I appreciate that there are excellent rings with less than 15, however the list isn't a guide to quality, merely for folks like me who are interested in a day out on a circular walk with a reasonable number of caches! :)

cheers

dave

merely for folks like me who are interested in a day out on a circular walk with a reasonable number of caches! :D

Cheers Dave, this will be useful for me in March when I want to find some large cache trails that I can drive to and spend a day out walking. I have free reign of southern England/Wales as a place to go, so this will be a great help. Ta!

Hi Dave

Sorry for the self promotion, but GW1 and GW2 might qualify for the Keeper of the Rings list.

Also JaceyB goes Nuts and Jaceyb Meets Jack the Ripper to name but two of several series' that he has prepared.

And I think someone I know has extended their Mugswell series.... :laughing:

Hope all is well and caching is back for spring

Cheers

Ivymill

self promotion acceptable in this thread I would think (but what do I know!) Will put them on asap. As for Mugswell - I suppose I'd better - but I wish people would stop putting so many caches out near me - its getting rather dense! ;)<_<