New features on website!

jakabell

Hello there. I have a couple of suggestions for future releases of the web page/iPhone application.

It would be nice if:

1. When I enter a GC code (cache code) on the Geocaching home page, it would be nice if the cache page had some indicator on it saying that it is a cache I have already found (or logged something like a DNF).

2. The ability to search my log entries for a particular cache.

Sometimes I go caching with friends and my friends put together the list for the day. I may have previously found a cache which they have not. But I may have found that cache a year ago and don’t remember. It would be nice to be able to search through what I’ve found to see if it’s there or to be able to pull up the cache page and have there be an indicator of some sort that I found it. I know there has got to be a lot of other people out there who feel the same way.

Thank you for your consideration.

Thank you for the mention of the other thread. I am new to this forum and was not aware of it.

As far as the browser search idea - I will give that a try. Thanks again! That is something I can do in the interim.

If you use Firefox, you can install an add-on called Greasemonkey, and then a Greasemonkey script (called GC VIP list) that will automatically show all the logs for the cache, and put a link to yours, (or anyone else's that you want) near the top of the page.

There are many other useful Greasemonkey scripts, and I wouldn't want to do without them.