Pocket Query modification

geofred

The proliferation of micros appearing as "traditional" caches in the premium membership notifications of newly approved caches has reached annoying levels. I know I can screen out micros from the PQs by choosing not to include the micro containers but the moderators apparently cannot exclude them from the notifications because the program treats them as "traditional." I don't think they are traditional. Some cachers obviously enjoy them...why I don't understand. But geocaching started with a box of stuff to exchange. That is a traditional cache.

Can't the database be modified to allow premium members to select traditional caches which would automatically exclude micros because that type of cache is not selected in the type category?

I'm surprised no one has jumped on the OP for confusing cache size with cache type. Micro is a a size and traditional is a type. A cache can be both a micro and a traditional just as a cache can be both a regular and a mystery/unknown. That said, many people choose not to search for micros (or to search only for micros) and it would be nice to be able to filter the notifications not just on cache type but on size as well. Similarly, I would suspect that some people would also like to filter notifications based on difficulty and terrain.