I don´t know...

Puka6

Hi! :o I am new at this stuff, and my english is not so good either...

I really want to do multi-cahes, but i don´t know how to do them! I am useing Decimal Degrees, and that is working perfectly! But when it is a multi-cahe and you need to, for example, multiply numbers to get the coordinates to where the cahe is, the coordinates is for Degrees and Minutes! How do I get so the coordinates is in Decimal Degrees?

I really want to do Multi-cahes, so please, answer my question as soon as possible! :unsure:

Sometimes a cache might have you do it different ways so if you could give us an example we could help you better.

Normally the cache page will read something like this:

The coordinates to the next virtual cache is N 56° 10.ABC’, E 14° 51.DAC’.

The format is already in place you just have to figure out what number is A, then B, C, etc.

The cache page should have instructions on how to determine the numbers. For example you have to find a date on a sign and add the numbers together. Date = A. Say the date is May 14th. Add 1+4 = 5. 5 = A.

Now substitute A with 5

N 56° 10.5BC’, E 14° 51.D5C

Then figure out B then C and so forth.

Edited by BlueDeuce

Sometimes a cache might have you do it different ways so if you could give us an example we could help you better.

Normally the cache page will read something like this:

The coordinates to the next virtual cache is N 56° 10.ABC’, E 14° 51.DAC’.

The format is already in place you just have to figure out what number is A, then B, C, etc.

The cache page should have instructions on how to determine the numbers. For example you have to find a date on a sign and add the numbers together. Date = A. Say the date is May 14th. Add 1+4 = 5. 5 = A.

Now substitute A with 5

N 56° 10.5BC’, E 14° 51.D5C

Then figure out B then C and so forth.

Thanks, but I allready knew how to do a multicahe. My question was; How do i transform Degrees and Minutes to Decimal Degrees? Because, if i don´t can do that, I can´t do Multicahes... :yikes:

Thanks, but I allready knew how to do a multicahe. My question was; How do i transform Degrees and Minutes to Decimal Degrees? Because, if i don´t can do that, I can´t do Multicahes... :yikes:

If you have internet access, there are a number of conversion websites out there that will convert back and forth between formats. Probably not something you can do in the field without a smartphone though.

Some GPS units also let you switch formats, or will display coordinates in different formats.

... the coordinates is for Degrees and Minutes! How do I get so the coordinates is in Decimal Degrees? ...

When you see DDD MM.MMM coordinates change your GPS to display in DDD MM.MMM. When you are done you can input your coordinates in DDD MM.MMM format. When you have finished entering the coordinates change the GPS back to decimal degrees. The GPS will do the conversion for you.

This works for other kinds of conversions as well.

Think of degrees as hours and it works exactly like time.

1 degree = 60 minutes

So 60 degrees and 20.324 minutes are 60 + 20.324/60 = 60.33873

However, if your GPS support changing format it will be so much easier.

Thanks, but I allready knew how to do a multicahe. My question was; How do i transform Degrees and Minutes to Decimal Degrees? Because, if i don´t can do that, I can´t do Multicahes... ;)

Think of degrees as hours and it works exactly like time.

1 degree = 60 minutes

So 60 degrees and 20.324 minutes are 60 + 20.324/60 = 60.33873

However, if your GPS support changing format it will be so much easier.

Oh, thank you so mutch! Now I can do Multicahes B) Yay!!