Search Options: View newest in...

suz55tbird

Not exactly a newbie :o , but...

Ever since I've joined geocaching.com, under my profile, under "Search Options" on the right-hand section, I can click on "List newest in the United States". :D

Now, don't get me wrong, this could be a cool feature, however, I'd really prefer the option to be able to click on "list newest in New Mexico" (where I actually live...). :unsure:

Every single other New Mexico cacher I know has "List newest in New Mexico" here...and I can't figure out how to change the link.

Can someone help? I'd really appreciate it! B)

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can provide... :D

You could setup a Pocket Query to list only the newest caches in any area you are interested in and then just preview it anytime you want to see the newest caches. Createa bookmark or add to your favorites list for quickest viewing.

or...

If you are looking to go after brand new caches - setup notifications at http://www.geocaching.com/notify

Both are premium member features.

You could setup a Pocket Query to list only the newest caches in any area you are interested in and then just preview it anytime you want to see the newest caches. Createa bookmark or add to your favorites list for quickest viewing.

or...

If you are looking to go after brand new caches - setup notifications at http://www.geocaching.com/notify

I am a premium member, and I do get notifications of new caches, and I do create PQ's. All of that is beside the point.

I was just trying to get this specific problem fixed. Does the link on your profile page show "newest in United States" or "newest in [your state]?

Anyone have a solution to this specific problem???

or...

I am a premium member, and I do get notifications of new caches, and I do create PQ's. All of that is beside the point.

I was just trying to get this specific problem fixed. Does the link on your profile page show "newest in United States" or "newest in [your state]?

If you go into your profile and put in your adrsss then the newest in your state shows up on the right side of your account page now if you change your home cords then it changes just that which is right above newest in .....nearest from home and also at on the cache page it shows how far you are from ground zero. Also I have found just changing the second one chages what state infomation you get from the weekly email from geocaching. When I travel I change the second one as I find it easier to decide where to go from that.

You also can see the news caches in each state in the forms ,,,closer to the bottom..

or...

Go to the "Hide and Seek A Cache" page. Select "New Mexico" from the dropdown list in the "by State" section. Click the Go button next to the list and you'll see all of the caches in New Mexico, starting with the newest ones placed.

On my "home" page (not the same as the profile page) in the Search Options box there is a search newest in the United States. I don't think I've ever tried clicking that link and probably wouldn't even it was Search Newest in New York.

When I look at those Search Options, I see "List newest in Florida" and above that

Search for nearest caches from your home coordinates (filter out finds)

I've never seen the newest in the United States option.

Do you have home coords in your profile? that's the only thing I can think of.

Below the search options use the update home coordinates link

http://www.geocaching.com/account/ManageLocations.aspx

even if you've done it, do it again!

2Hams and Isonzo K, thank you for that very reasonable suggestion. I did that (my home coords were in there, but I changed them slightly) but it didn't make a difference.

Everyone else, thank you; I already know how to find new caches, etc., no problems there. It's just this one tiny little glitch that is bugging me. :unsure: It sounds as tho' NYPaddleCacher sees the same thing, but it doesn't bug.

Any other suggestions? Maybe one of the computer gurus at GS can help me? Thanks!

or...

Mine shows "List newest in Colorado", so it must just pull it from the info I put in my profile. I never did anything specific to tell it to do that. Maybe it doesn't recognize Valencia Co. as a place in NM?

Edited by rapriebe